Pricing questions - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By airhealth

post #1 of Old 11-29-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Pricing questions

Hi everyone!
After helping out a friend clean his customer's homes for quite some time he was finally ready to call it quits for health reasons. He asked me to take his accounts and i agreed. My wife and i decided that if we were going to do it, we were going to go all in and make something out of the business, so we invested in all the equipment, became legal with the state and the feds, became insured and bonded. We have a website, signage for the vehicles, a facebook page and have paid for advertising as well as done some mailings and joined the local Chamber of Commerce.
My biggest question is about pricing. All of our existing clients came with contracts and prices in place. But as a business looking to do more residential cleanings, as well as gather as many commercial office cleaning accounts as we can to make this all fly, how do the rest of you decide on prices? Any advice is appreciated.

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-01-2018, 10:07 AM

Matt,

You already have loads of information. I realize your retiring friend's prices may be outdated, but it's a great start, and it will be a solid source of cash flow while you are beginning.You may want to weed out some of those customers, but all in good time.

The key is to decide how much you think your time is worth, and try and get it.You will quickly find out what people will and will not pay...

If you are supplying cleaning chemicals you can charge more.If the customer provides their own for whatever reason (health, allergies) you can charge a bit less.

The most important decision you can make right now is to do a really good job! Period.

Customers will pay more for a better cleaning company.

Add-ons like carpet cleaning, window cleaning, pressure cleaning can be a good way to increase revenue with the existing customers.
post #3 of Old 12-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Matt. Thank you for asking this important ?
I only last 2 weeks cleaning homes/residences, so not much help there.
On the commercial side, there are Cleaning Times Guides such as the one linked below. The Time Listed for Each Task maybe less or more than what it takes you.
Also there is software that also does the bidding for a new account. CleanBid is one that has a 30 day trial. I have used it in the past and worked out pretty good. I tested it on some current accounts I have and it came up to about what I was getting each month. You will make some goofs bidding Boo Boos.
Brad BD Janitorial
https://www.parish-supply.com/pdf/IS...ning-Times.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Listen, don't look to other businesses to set pricing for your business. Everyone is unique. Getting input on HOW they set pricing is useful but not on what they set it to.

You have to look at all your expenses both fixed and variable, determine where you want to set breakeven and how much business you need to generate. Don't forget items like rework and depreciation of assets. Then review competition pricing. The more you make yours prices like oranges with the competitor prices like apples the more chance you have to stay out of a bidding war. Just be smart and flexible and you will get there. I know I did with my air duct cleaning business. Been doing it for decades now. Good luck!

Eric
Air Health Services of Marysville
ccpros likes this.
post #5 of Old 07-16-2019, 07:38 AM

not sure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode