Promotion Ideas - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Promotion Ideas

Often we're talking about building customer awareness and getting website hits... but once we've found a customer, how do we get them to make a booking?

We've done a few small promotions of varying success, and are looking to come up with some other good ideas.

Some thoughts we had:
Do a "refer a friend deal" where both the friend and the referring client get some sort of coupon/discount.
Do a "multi service deal" where when you book a home clean you get carpet/windows/another service at a discount.
Because travel is a big expense, maybe a "neighbour deal" might work... say, customer and a neighbour book the same service together, and both get a discount.

What kinds of promotions have you tried, and how well did it work?
Any great ideas you've thought of but haven't tried?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 AM

How to Get and Keep Clients

Whakataka, this is a great topic!

What I've always done is to use those promotions you're talking about, but always remember to ask for the appointment.

Everything...from making contact, to talking about services offered, to asking for referrals...everything is about offering GREAT service and asking for the order.

At the back of my mind, I am always thinking, "What can I give this person" and "What can I ask for next?"

Giving is the key to success. Asking for business part of the giving though. I know that if they do business with someone else, they won't be served as well as if they go with me.

Promotions are great. Joint ventures and referrals are great. But the classic sales technique of "Always Be Closing" (the ABCs of sales) gets the business.

Of course, once you're in, doing a great job, assume you're coming back the next time! Make the appointment. Show up. Do more than is expected. Rinse. Repeat!

Boyd McDaniel
Cleaning Business Tips and Tools
http://www.think-house-cleaning.com/
post #3 of Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 AM

Unfortunately, there is no " Magic" bullet - LOL

However, when you advertise you want the following message.

Offer - Call To Action.

" Save $25, Offer Expires 12/31/2011 "

We use gift cards which are pretty effective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Look forwaRD TO THIS BEING A GOOD THREAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakataka View Post
Often we're talking about building customer awareness and getting website hits... but once we've found a customer, how do we get them to make a booking?

We've done a few small promotions of varying success, and are looking to come up with some other good ideas.

Some thoughts we had:
Do a "refer a friend deal" where both the friend and the referring client get some sort of coupon/discount.
Do a "multi service deal" where when you book a home clean you get carpet/windows/another service at a discount.
Because travel is a big expense, maybe a "neighbour deal" might work... say, customer and a neighbour book the same service together, and both get a discount.

What kinds of promotions have you tried, and how well did it work?
Any great ideas you've thought of but haven't tried?
post #5 of Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Yea this thread needs to go on for awhile longer, it is just getting started.

I think Boyd is right, if you give the customer what they want they will give you what you want, the problem...my problem is adentifing what they want and need. Yea they want a clean house, but is that really what they want?
post #6 of Old 02-03-2012, 12:42 AM

Join Facebook, add old school friends, distant family... leave comments on walls.
Get a ReverbNation My Band Page App. for Facebook.
Start a Facebook fan site to support your band - add friends, leave comments.
Add Unsigned Band Promotion to your Facebook Friends List.
Rotate your band's Facebook avatar regularly - but keep it within your branding goal.

Tags
business , cleaning , marketing , promotions , sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode