SEO, SEM, Direct Mail, etc, it really doesn't matter - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Smile SEO, SEM, Direct Mail, etc, it really doesn't matter

I have been in the marketing industry for almost 8 years now. I have worked selling yellowpages, I have owned my own small business, and I was the founder of a very large SEO/SEM company that served hundreds of organizations all over the country.

The one thing that I learned in my years is that there are many great avenues available to business owners to advertise with. Any marketing is good marketing if it is doing what it is supposed to do.
People create conclusions of what the best marketing is using anecdotal data rather than cold hard facts. How do you really know how many people actually called you from your SEO or SEM? How do you know if you are losing potential customers because someone answered the phone in your office and just didn't care.

My point is, it really doesn't matter where you market, as long as you market smart. You do this by collecting good data that tells a story about what the outcome really is when you send out 10,000 post cards or buy 200 clicks from Google. Did you actually have interested prospects call you from this and were you able to convert them into customers?

Google analytics is a great tool to track web traffic on your site and I highly recommend it. I have some friends that are developing another tool that takes this one step further. It is called CallGrader and like GA, it is free. I would combine both of these products to any online marketing campaign to get the complete picture of what is really happening. Collecting both online and offline data will give you a huge competitive edge and put you strides ahead of your competition.

I hope this post was informative and happy marketing to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to robinsmith001
Direct mail a great idea... But I think SEO and SEM is also important....
post #3 of Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondobbs View Post
I have been in the marketing industry for almost 8 years now. I have worked selling yellowpages, I have owned my own small business, and I was the founder of a very large SEO/SEM company that served hundreds of organizations all over the country.

The one thing that I learned in my years is that there are many great avenues available to business owners to advertise with. Any marketing is good marketing if it is doing what it is supposed to do.
People create conclusions of what the best marketing is using anecdotal data rather than cold hard facts. How do you really know how many people actually called you from your SEO or SEM? How do you know if you are losing potential customers because someone answered the phone in your office and just didn't care.

My point is, it really doesn't matter where you market, as long as you market smart. You do this by collecting good data that tells a story about what the outcome really is when you send out 10,000 post cards or buy 200 clicks from Google. Did you actually have interested prospects call you from this and were you able to convert them into customers?

Google analytics is a great tool to track web traffic on your site and I highly recommend it. I have some friends that are developing another tool that takes this one step further. It is called CallGrader and like GA, it is free. I would combine both of these products to any online marketing campaign to get the complete picture of what is really happening. Collecting both online and offline data will give you a huge competitive edge and put you strides ahead of your competition.

I hope this post was informative and happy marketing to you!

Just launched with the Beta of Call Grader.
Implementing it this month.

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 PM

The one factor that I discovered in my decades is that there are many excellent methods available to entrepreneurs to promote with. Any promotion is excellent promotion if it is doing what it is expected to do.

Freelance website designer
Experienced freelance web designer based in New Delhi, INDIA.
SPlz: Flash Animation Logo Design, Web 2.0 website design, Website Design, Blog Theme Design, Magento theme
post #5 of Old 08-28-2012, 01:57 PM

There is no, Magic bullet when it comes to marketing
post #6 of Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 PM

There's a Couple companies selling this on www.pressurewashinginstitute.com they are saying less that .03
post #7 of Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 AM

Actually you want to get popularity, traffic and business and you can use any method or trick like SEO, SEM, SMO, direct mail, Advertising etc. But i think SEO is long term method and it can build your business slowly but consistently.
post #8 of Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 AM

All really good points and I have tried them all. For my company SEO has been the best and least expensive but the most time consuming and tedious.

Carpet cleaning Los Angeles

Carpet cleaning Pasadena

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #9 of Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to detailscleaning
I have been considering doing a direct mailing service but how affordable is it?

For cleaning tips and tricks go to http://detailscleaning.net/
post #10 of Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM

Good points made, thanks for sharing.

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
post #11 of Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 AM

All these points are really very good. I totally agree with you. Google Analytics can be a valuable tool for monitoring and tracking the efficiency of your online campaigns and get the best results in your marketing efforts. Its built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks. But I think... SEO or SEM is also important because 93% of users donít look further than the first 2 pages of search results. Most prefer to use another search engine rather than click past the first 10 results. How can your business succeed if youíre not found there? and 33% of users believe companies found in the top search results are a major brand in their specific product/service category. SEM raises your online profile and builds brand awareness.

Tags
advertising , marketing tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode