Service Magic - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-14-2006, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Service Magic

OK... I signed up. I had them waive the $99 set-up fee. Cool. I picked thier brain as to who else in my area was getting Leads. Turns out the closest is 15 miles. Cool. Got my first lead yesterday and it was a woman in Denver, Colorado looking for someone to Remove Carpet. LOL. First Lead and I am already having to fet a credit for a BS lead.

I 'll keep trying them until I see one way or the other if it will produce results.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. I'll let you know if I start making $$$ with them.

Speaking of $$, You all know that my site has only been up for a couple of weeks and I am listed free at Superpages.com and Google Local etc.... Well, I have already gotten 3 calls stating they found me through Google and my site. Sold all 3. Cool. Internet is working out so far.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM

How do I find Service Magic ?
post #3 of Old 07-20-2006, 06:13 PM

In FireFox you:

Highlight
Right Click
Search Web for 'Service Magic'

You are using Firefox, aren't you?

www.servicemagic.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 PM

http://www.servicemagic.com

There are about 20 of these leads services out there by the way. www.Respond.com is another one.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #5 of Old 07-20-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Cleaning Service View Post
You don't want to in my opinion. Give them any info or act like your interested in info, they won't leave you alone for the rest of your life. If you do sign you will be like the earlier post and telling us how you got a BS lead that had nothing to do with your business but still had to pay for it. I've told them repeatedly I'm not interested leave me alone, "well can we send you an email newsletter?" NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! Next morning there is an email from them anyway, followed by another phone call later that day. My God people what part of NO don't you understand. I think next time they call (tomorrow) I'm going to tell them I went out of business.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #6 of Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Cleaning Service View Post
Ummm...first thing I'd try would be www.servicemagic.com

But as someone else said, you may not want to. They ARE persistent in their attempts to contact you.
post #7 of Old 07-22-2006, 12:43 PM

I'm not to hip on Contractor.com either. I had heard good things about them from Don P, Ken F, or someone I don't remember. But they were doing the free sign up thing and only paying for leads they wanted. I am a free member but have never had a lead in 4 months. They bugged me when I first signed and tried to get me to be a paying member and I told them I just wanted to try the free thing first, that I knew of others having luck with it, and the guy told me "well don't be surprised if you don't get any leads, customers only want to hire the paying members". Whatever, jerks! It's not really free anyway, you still have to buy the lead.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #8 of Old 07-22-2006, 07:06 PM

Nothing good for me to say about them other than maybe their persistence. They've been buggin' the crap out of me for almost a year now. Every time they call I send it to voicemail.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #9 of Old 07-22-2006, 09:07 PM

yea, they have sales agents with quotas each month. We have had the SPAM ContractorTalk.com a bunch of times. Not the greatest way to show your a quality company.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #10 of Old 08-01-2006, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Update

Update.

Servicemagic has provided us with 8 leads so far in the past 2 weeks at $11/each. The leads are for the cleaning side of our business. Of the 8 leads....

2 scheduled for re-occuring every-other-week cleanings @ $110/visit.
2 no-contacts.
1 "I really don't know why I clicked"...
1 scheduled for an estimate and still pending
1 went with Merrymaids
1 just called and accepted bid for commercial cleaning @ $1050/month (Hustler Hollywood Store )

And One of the Clients has referred a Sister and we have that account too.

So, all in all, things are OK. $88 for 3 residential clients and 1 commercial client.

I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited by FCPWLLC; 08-01-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo
post #11 of Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Great stuff Mike. Glad to hear it is working for you. Once I am up and running I will look into SM myself.

Keep us posted.
post #12 of Old 08-02-2006, 07:55 PM

I have started hearing more and more people say positve things about Service Magic (in terms of getting work) I think it is indicative of everyone switching over to the internet to find everything under the sun. I am going to try them for painting leads this fall/winter.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #13 of Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 PM

Ken, how do you balance painting and PWing? What I mean is..don't you get calls to do some interior painting during PWing season? Do you do both whenever, wherever or do you only paint during winter? If you do only paint during winter, how do you keep these customers at bay during PWing season?

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash

Last edited by Barry M; 08-02-2006 at 11:17 PM.
post #14 of Old 08-02-2006, 11:39 PM

Barry, I have never advertised the painting portion of my business so it is mostly my existing customers. They all understand it is an off season thing only.

One of my guys is a union painter and is very fast and a great painter. I talked to his former employer last week and while he is also a great painter, he is a bad business person. It's a perfect union for me as he employs three guys and is willing to be paid as a sub for reasonable rates. My main concern is keeping Derek and my other full timer Michael busy over the winter. Painters are in very high demand up here so it should be a nice addition to my bottom line.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #15 of Old 08-20-2006, 04:10 PM

anyone have any luck with sm as far as pw goes i am thinking of useing them does anyone get any work from them as far as pwing thanks
post #16 of Old 08-20-2006, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

I got one lead all month for Pressure Washing. The guy didn't realize that cleaning a deck would cost so much. I did find out though, that the other contractor in the area that also gets leads didn't even follow up. I don't believe that many people look for Pressure Washers through service magic. Like someone said before, our industry is kind of an invisible industry.

post #17 of Old 08-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Service magic works OK for me they provide leads that is what Service Magic does. You win some and lose some. It is what it is, thats a quote from a Guru on this board.
post #18 of Old 09-14-2006, 12:15 PM

Service Magic

I just like to add my 2 cents. I signed up for Service Magic over 6 months ago. I received one lead ($11.00) and did the estimate, followed up & didn't get the job. Not their fault!! But one lead for the Greater Richmond area!! That's hard to believe but I figured the folks in the Richmond area just don't use the computer to find PW's.

Phil
post #19 of Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 PM

IMO Servicemagic over extends themselves to the various service markets and cannot service all of their clients well, Therefore they focus on those clients who are brand new or who are actively purchasing leads.

If you don't purchase every lead that comes your way the stream trickles down to nothing relatively soon. What I have found that restarts the stream is to make a change to your profile, this will get the leads flowing again for a while until you neglect to purchase again, at which time they will again place you at the bottom of the list for notification.

The major thing that ticks me off about the service is that they allow the larger franchises/ bussinesses to pre-purchase the cream of the crop of leads prior to allowing others to have a chance to bid on them. If I too had $500 a month to set down each month in advance I too could get those jobs, however this tactic defeats the proposed purpose of the service for the smaller business person if you ask me.
post #20 of Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Well, since I JUST registered, I might as well offer my opinion up...cause everybody wants to know what I think...NOT!
I agree SM will bug you to death if you show ANY interest in their service. I have heard good things from other carpet cleaners though, so I decided to sign with them, but only for Tile and Grout Cleaning, and I prepurchased the leads, and I paid the $99 signup fee...
I've had one lead in three weeks, and he won't return my calls.
Maybe I'm too agressive...I've called twice and emailed once.
O well, we'll see.
Danny Morris
www.prestigefloorcare.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode