Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Which social media website is best to elevate your business?

17K views 49 replies 41 participants last post by  candicekemick 
#1 ·
I know that social media sites can increase the website rank, but is there will be lead generations doe to that???

#2 ·
Not sure I completely understand the question, but I can tell you this. YouTube is owned by Google, so if you are looking for google ranking, make sure you have a Google My business page, and a YouTube Channel. Having a Facebook Page is also important. Twitter and Pintrest are on the list, but in my opinion not as high. I just went through all of this with my business, so if you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

#20 ·
Getting In Tune With Your Audience(s)

Agreed. And each social media channel can be beneficial for different types of benefits. YouTube works very well for very technical businesses that want to provide product demonstrations for interested people. For example, a certain technique that can make a difference in the way a product or service lasts. Or a how to video.

Yet, Twitter would not be as effective for that kind of communication. (It is too difficult to demo something in 140 characters or less :smile:) But Twitter is the social media tool of choice to announce very short sales or discounts to a loyal customer base! Something like: 1 HOUR ONLY! Call with coupon code: 20OFFYEKAPQ and get a 20% discount. Offer ends at 4:00 PM!

So, often times using multiple channels are good to have going. Just keep in mind that each one takes time and effort.

#6 ·
Hello,
When a potential client searches for "carpet cleaning" in Google - The top result is 1) paid adwords - The second set of results are the Google My Business Listings (which are otherwise known as a Citation) which is basically your business name/address/phone spread over the web. The single best thing you can do is fill out a profile for GOOGLE MY BUSINESS. It is free - fill it out COMPLETELY - don't miss anything - upload as many pictures as possible. Full descriptions and hours and location etc.....
Then HIT VERIFY.... do not, I repeat do not go back and mess with your profile UNTIL you have received your verification postcard in the mail. Once you have verified with Google then you can go back into your profile and upload or edit anything else. This listing would be the single most important thing you can do to get ORGANIC FREE traffic to see your site at the top of page 1 on google. Hope this helps.

#10 ·
I have a buddy that used FaceBook for ads for his Real Estate sales, and he was able to really drill down to show his ads to very likely home buyers. He was spending $10 a day and getting 40-60 leads per week. The ROI would be really good in that case.

But I tried to drill down for my cleaning business and it is pretty much impossible to come up with a likely customer list for any type of commercial cleaning.

That would mean that you'd have to throw a wider net - letting more people see you ads. Then, FaceBook becomes very expensive.

-Bunga

#17 ·
If you use just one social network for your house cleaning business, make it Facebook. Facebook has the most users out of all social media. And the demographics of people who use Facebook show that millions of them are the kind of people who use housecleaning services.

I'd also create a Google Business listing. This listing can help your company (and contact info) show up on the 1st page of Google and will give you space online to manage your reviews.

#26 ·
So... Here's a thought that might help (or hurt... results may vary?)
Anyways, the concept is simple enough but maybe a little hard to explain so I will try...

There are different types of customers. What I mean by that is they are all on different positions along the sales cycle.
Some are aware they have a problem (need cleaning services) and are actively seeking a service provider.
Others have been thinking about it but have yet to do any actual research into it- like maybe they just know they are going to put the house on the market and want to get the place cleaned up for it 'soon'.
Others are not aware they have a problem or maybe don't have a problem yet.

So, where are we trying to spend our advertising dollars?
Do we want to target the unaware they have a problem or don't have a problem group? Maybe- getting in front of these folks can have a positive effect if we can get our branding prominent in their mind so that when they realize they have a need (or a friend or family member expresses a need) we become better positioned for them to remember us and more likely to seek us specifically.

Or.

Do we want to get ourselves positioned so that when they know they have a need and start looking they find us first? These are the folks who are probably the easiest to close a sale with- we are solving their problems, and they are on a mission to get that problem solved/need fulfilled.

Now with all that said, where are each of these types of folks at?
Ask yourself a few questions and it will help... Do you go to Facebook to look for a dentist? What do you do on Pinterest? Does Twitter pop into your mind when you are needing a good carpet cleaning?
Now, each and every one of these outlets provide a great advertising benefit- but just different types of angles that we need to understand so that we can intelligently spend our limited advertising dollars effectively.

Google local search results is probably one of the absolute best places to get in front of people who are looking for a solution to their need/problem NOW.
This is why so many people are so concerned and motivated to get at the top of those search results. Yes, competition is thick for those spots- and rightly so because that's where you find people who will be looking to contract a service provider in the next day or week or so.

The social media? those are great for getting brand awareness things going. It gets us in their minds on a regular/recurring basis so that when they become aware of a need they might remember us.
This avenue is great for positioning us in a positive light and in many cases can also help in 'educating' them (maybe they weren't aware they had a problem until they saw your ad and realized that their carpets are filthy?).

Local mailers? Great for both types. You get into their homes and they see you. And the mailer causes them to think about their home and maybe educates them of their need. And those folks who are really interested in getting a good cleaning will be among them and some will use the flier to call you.

Anyways, I hope this concept helps to focus your mind on what it is that you want to accomplish with each advertising effort you make. Think of those early in the process and it might help you spend your dollars more wisely.

#32 ·
Check out needls.com for Facebook and Instagram ads. They can target your audience MUCH better than you (or I) ever could if we were to try doing Facebook ads ourselves. FB ads, Google Adwords, other paid ads can be incredibly hard to manage and the costs can get way out of control very quickly. Needls.com "learns" what works through a computer algorithm formula.

#34 ·
I think your question was about social media impact on google rank. If that was it then the best social media is the one that drives the most traffic to your web site. Other than that, there is no great impact of social media on rank. That said, social media can be a great driver of traffic to your web site. Main thing is that whatever social you use you have to treat it like your own personal newspaper publishing interesting stuff people will want to follow and make sure you use teasers that drive them back to the web. That is what I do with my house cleaning business in Olympia.

Julia
All City Cleaning Services

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.