Successes with Valpak - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Successes with Valpak

I've used Val-pak for a while now and I have had good success with it. I used them when in lived in Central Florida and I paid about $950/month to cover 50,000 homes in my target market. It always provided me a good number of leads every month.

I was wondering about your experiences. Have you tried it and if so what was your success rate with it?

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM

I know a roofing company has great success with Valpak.

From what he told me, if you offer good legit coupons people will use them.
post #3 of Old 05-31-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I think that is a major key. Some people only promote themselves with the coupon without giving any offers or specials. If it's not a coupon then there is no reason to keep the ad and they forget about you down the road.

Nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
I think that is a major key. Some people only promote themselves with the coupon without giving any offers or specials. If it's not a coupon then there is no reason to keep the ad and they forget about you down the road.
Exactly!

So was the $950 a month including printing/design?

Or was it just $950 to be able to get into the pak.
post #5 of Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

I always did my own design work but yes it did include printing and design if you want it. I had them print it of course just not design it.

The $950/month was for a full color glossy front and a 2 color (back and red) back. I know these rates are different from area to area. Valpak is a franchise business.

What has always amazed me is how terrible the design work is when you rely on a newspaper or someone else to design an ad for you. Maybe I'm just really picky but I don't think so.

Nathan

post #6 of Old 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan

What has always amazed me is how terrible the design work is when you rely on a newspaper or someone else to design an ad for you. Maybe I'm just really picky but I don't think so.
No you are not picky, I am the same way.
post #7 of Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole
No you are not picky, I am the same way.
I think it goes beyond picky. I've signed up for a $400/week ad before and had them send me a mock up of a white background, bright yellow letters, and some clip art.

I think they just have the secretary do all the ad designs instead of hiring someone.

I know for the valpak in my area the franchise owners wife did all the designs. Really bad stuff.

Nathan

post #8 of Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think it goes beyond picky. I've signed up for a $400/week ad before and had them send me a mock up of a white background, bright yellow letters, and some clip art.

I think they just have the secretary do all the ad designs instead of hiring someone.

I know for the valpak in my area the franchise owners wife did all the designs. Really bad stuff.
I do all my own stuff too, with the exception of my business cards and my originial postcard...Keith at kbkGraphX.com designed those, using my logo and other items.

The stuff Bellsouth tried to get me to go with sucked really bad.
post #9 of Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
post #10 of Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ s View Post
we are not that sophisticated in bama yet
To have a design done or to use Val-pak?

Nathan

post #11 of Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 PM

Still debating the Valpack thing. those of you who have used it, what's the up-front cost been?
post #12 of Old 07-11-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
To have a design done or to use Val-pak?
to use val pak
post #13 of Old 07-11-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ s View Post
to use val pak
Or not to use Valpak...that is indeed the question.
post #14 of Old 07-11-2006, 11:05 PM

hahahahahaha to pressure wash or to soft wash that is the other question
post #15 of Old 07-14-2006, 11:58 AM

...might be getting in too late on this one...Mike, from what I've read of your adv. efforts, you seem to be good at focusing an area and hitting them with DM, and I assume you do other things, YPs, newspaper,etc.

So to Valpak. Here is my experience. The money is not as well spent as DM. But......the jobs I got from it were jobs I'd have NEVER got any other way. In other words, it can be the only aggressive adv. you may ever get on certain homes. What that meant for me, was getting some rediculously high-end jobs. Not the subdivision type. I mean, the place where you see a mailbox but no house......it's the house you see from a parallel road and wonder how to get to that monsterous house....just seems to be dangling off a hill. Those folks don't get pounded with aggressive advertising like the subdivision type, so it might be the only effective way to reach the top of the market.

So.....I think Valpak is valuable, just not as a primary adv. source. Maybe for the 4th or 5th thing you try.
post #16 of Old 07-23-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fife View Post
.So.....I think Valpak is valuable, just not as a primary adv. source. Maybe for the 4th or 5th thing you try.
Do you mean it shouldn't be the only thing you use or should be the first thing you try? (probably both).

Anyways, Valpak as with so many other types of advertising can work either really well or really poorly based on your area. I just happened to have an area where I was the only guy in the book and I got a ton of great leads from it. And even though it was my #1 leads generator it was only one of about 10 different methods I used.

Nathan

post #17 of Old 07-23-2006, 01:41 PM

I would not use ValPak again. It generated the wrong types of leads for me. I prefer target marketing.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #18 of Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Your not alone here Nathan, I submitted an ad for our local service directory for a 1x1 black/white for $90 a month. I literally threw this ad together using "Paint" (a cheap little program that came on my computer) and put my logo on it and emailed the girl at the newspaper agency and wrote "I want something close to this as far as layout". A few days later, still expecting an email back of a proof of somekind, I ran into my ad in the paper, exactly the way I designed it.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #19 of Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I always did my own design work but yes it did include printing and design if you want it. I had them print it of course just not design it.

The $950/month was for a full color glossy front and a 2 color (back and red) back. I know these rates are different from area to area. Valpak is a franchise business.

Can you show some examples of stuff you've made?
post #20 of Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 AM

We generally book about 6 new clients a month from ValPak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode