telemarketing - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

telemarketing

Over the years i have found that telemarketing your company is very valuable for getting leads..That is if the telemarketing is profession..below is a way to get free leads

here is how you can find lists of potential customer leads and its free. Here is what you do… Click on the link under blog roll that is titled reference USA. The page will prompt you to enter a library card number—IF you do not have a public library card you will need to get one (it is well worth the money). Here is a temporary number that you can use . Enter your number and connect. The next page will ask you to continue. Hit continue! Following that it will take you to a page on the left side of the page there will be a box that says business databases. < click the business databases> The following page you will want to select the custom search tab. In the custom search area select these three categories (1) employees (2) Major industry (3) zip code then hit <create search form> In the search criteria fields select the industries you want to search, enter the zip code that you are looking at and finally select the number of employees (note dont select under 10 employees) Then hit search now! Once your list comes up you can only select 10 at a time and you will want to hit print then cancel print and cut them and paste them into a word document. I strongly recommend that once you have your area code pasted into your word doc that you save it so when it comes time to cycle thru that area code again you will not have to go thru the same process all over again…

you can also check out www.thecleanstart.com/blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 AM

hello.

Thank you for sharing your information.
post #3 of Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cferling View Post
Over the years i have found that telemarketing your company is very valuable for getting leads..That is if the telemarketing is profession..below is a way to get free leads

here is how you can find lists of potential customer leads and its free. Here is what you do… Click on the link under blog roll that is titled reference USA. The page will prompt you to enter a library card number—IF you do not have a public library card you will need to get one (it is well worth the money). Here is a temporary number that you can use . Enter your number and connect. The next page will ask you to continue. Hit continue! Following that it will take you to a page on the left side of the page there will be a box that says business databases. < click the business databases> The following page you will want to select the custom search tab. In the custom search area select these three categories (1) employees (2) Major industry (3) zip code then hit <create search form> In the search criteria fields select the industries you want to search, enter the zip code that you are looking at and finally select the number of employees (note dont select under 10 employees) Then hit search now! Once your list comes up you can only select 10 at a time and you will want to hit print then cancel print and cut them and paste them into a word document. I strongly recommend that once you have your area code pasted into your word doc that you save it so when it comes time to cycle thru that area code again you will not have to go thru the same process all over again…

you can also check out www.thecleanstart.com/blog
To many Kitchen exhaust systems or

I'll have to read this tomorrow cause it hurts my brain to understand at this time.

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-13-2009, 01:43 PM

Telemarketing

“The squeaky wheel gets the grease”. Truer words have never been spoken and understanding how that phrase applies to your business is absolutely mandatory! Your company may be the strongest, most professional, most experienced and most capable player in your market for a particular task, but if you are the only person that knows that information…. well… you get the idea.

Every business needs to advertise to grow and establish a client base. Always remember your client base is where your consistent cash flow and your referrals come from. Whether it’s signs, uniforms, print, radio or Internet advertising, telemarketing or direct sales, you need to do something to fuel your business. Telemarketing is the subject of this thread, so I’ll touch on it here.

The brief overview of a telemarketing effort would be the understanding of who you are, what your immediate goals are and exactly who you should communicate that information to. As an example, if I were to be cold calling from the list suggested in the earlier post:
“Good morning, my name is Thomas Anthony and I’m with Facility Support Services. We are commercial cleaning vendors and I’m interested in competing for the cleaning business with your company. Who would be the person I need to speak with?” I wouldn’t offer any other information, unless asked, until I connect with their decision maker. When I do connect with the decision maker I would repeat the above sentences again to him/her followed by:
Are your cleaning requirements re-evaluated and bid annually or only as necessary? Their answer to that question gives you your action date. Forward them a little information about your company and add their information to your time sensitive prospect file. Their contract isn’t available for bid right now, so taking too much of their time now would be unprofessional. Set an approximate date with them for your follow up call (never more than 60-90 days), thank them for their time and send a follow up thank you letter/e-mail including brief company information. If your company has a strong client base, include it as footer to most of your correspondence.

A time sensitive database of all the prospects in your area is an incredibly valuable tool. Your time is much better spent, and your closing ratio is substantially greater, when you are sharing information about your company’s abilities with a decision maker at the time they're looking for it. Every contact you have should reside in this database and you should check and update it daily. Soon it will be directing you towards new business and new cash flow streams. Try to include every prospect with a short “he said-she said” in the database to refresh your memory as necessary. Always remember the rule of SW:
SW: some will
SW: some won’t
SW: so what!... next! … and pick up the phone again.

Good luck with your prospecting!

- Thomas Anthony
Facility Support Services, FSS Support Site
Years from now they won't remember what you did. They probably won't remember what you said. They may not even remember your name. But I promise you... they will always remember exactly how you made them feel. - unknown

Last edited by FacilitySupport; 08-13-2009 at 02:40 PM.
post #5 of Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacilitySupport View Post
“The squeaky wheel gets the grease”. Truer words have never been spoken and understanding how that phrase applies to your business is absolutely mandatory! Your company may be the strongest, most professional, most experienced and most capable player in your market for a particular task, but if you are the only person that knows that information…. well… you get the idea.

Every business needs to advertise to grow and establish a client base. Always remember your client base is where your consistent cash flow and your referrals come from. Whether it’s signs, uniforms, print, radio or Internet advertising, telemarketing or direct sales, you need to do something to fuel your business. Telemarketing is the subject of this thread, so I’ll touch on it here.

The brief overview of a telemarketing effort would be the understanding of who you are, what your immediate goals are and exactly who you should communicate that information to. As an example, if I were to be cold calling from the list suggested in the earlier post:
“Good morning, my name is Thomas Anthony and I’m with Facility Support Services. We are commercial cleaning vendors and I’m interested in competing for the cleaning business with your company. Who would be the person I need to speak with?” I wouldn’t offer any other information, unless asked, until I connect with their decision maker. When I do connect with the decision maker I would repeat the above sentences again to him/her followed by:
Are your cleaning requirements re-evaluated and bid annually or only as necessary? Their answer to that question gives you your action date. Forward them a little information about your company and add their information to your time sensitive prospect file. Their contract isn’t available for bid right now, so taking too much of their time now would be unprofessional. Set an approximate date with them for your follow up call (never more than 60-90 days), thank them for their time and send a follow up thank you letter/e-mail including brief company information. If your company has a strong client base, include it as footer to most of your correspondence.

A time sensitive database of all the prospects in your area is an incredibly valuable tool. Your time is much better spent, and your closing ratio is substantially greater, when you are sharing information about your company’s abilities with a decision maker at the time they're looking for it. Every contact you have should reside in this database and you should check and update it daily. Soon it will be directing you towards new business and new cash flow streams. Try to include every prospect with a short “he said-she said” in the database to refresh your memory as necessary. Always remember the rule of SW:
SW: some will
SW: some won’t
SW: so what!... next! … and pick up the phone again.

Good luck with your prospecting!

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #6 of Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 AM

yes i'll agree with telemarketing one of the effective and interesting concept of marketing but it may depends on business for which business you doing telemarketing and quality data for generate leads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode