Is It Too Late ? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Is It Too Late ?

hey guys and gals? I have a question i want to know if its too late to do a Residential Direct mailing? More specifically for Roofing? we are getting into October now but we don't have much of a Winter here. mostly lots of rain? should i wait till spring or could i do it now and still get satisfactory results? also is it worth the extra cost to mail my post card or Flier or can i just go door to door and hand them out and still get a good response. Residential is pretty new for me although Ive been in this business for 5 years now.. i do mostly Fleet but want to try my hand at Res, and roof cleaning seams to be a pretty good market hear !! well thanks for your any help with this in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-02-2006, 06:36 AM

Never too late to be marketing. While you may not get a great return from a single mailing, it does put your name out and could lead to a few jobs later. The key is to send out the mailers repeatedly. It is all about branding and visibility. The mailers are only a part of your marketing. You should have signage on vehicles, letterheads, printed invoices, yellowpages, website, etc....

Good Luck

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #3 of Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Michael, i Understand that Marketing goes alto further then Advertiseing i do have Sinage on my Vehicals compmany logo shirts and hats that all my Staff wears. all company letterhead. iam just tring to figure out what i can do this late in the year to adverstise. things have slowed and i need to genarate some new business. what do you think would be the best at this time of year ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM

Year-round marketing can only help, but kicking it off this time of the year might not earn you a return as quickly as possibly starting it after Christmas. Many people will be turning their attention to the Holidays in the not-so-distant future. The weather in much of the country will soon start influencing customer decisions on exterior cleaning as well.

Some good ol' fashioned cold calling might be the ticket this time of the year. Free demo's, etc.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #5 of Old 10-02-2006, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

thanks Don. I know you do alot of Roof Cleaning what is your main sorce of Residential markating? as far as cold calling are you talking get out the phoone book and start callin people or would it be better to go out knoking some doors
post #6 of Old 10-02-2006, 09:26 PM

Cold, hard face time works best for most in difficult times. It's not always comfortable, but it'll usually get some biz going and help with the people skills too. We don't market much these days due to networking with GC's, PM's etc. But we're trending more toward commercial work and less residential.

You'll do just fine, Dan.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode