Top 5 to Bump that Website! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Top 5 to Bump that Website!

Ok this one is for those of you who really seem to have SEO & web ranking down pat. Help us "not so savvy"

List top 5 things we should do today to get our websites listed on 1st page or even in top of page 1.

Keep in laymens terms please

Also feel free to pick apart my site as examples of how to improve. Its ok, I can take it. http://excaliburclean.com

Brian Earley
Cleaning, Floor Care, & Maintenance Service / Excalibur Clean Team
Since 1996 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-04-2011, 09:37 AM

find cleaning forums and blogs, create your profiles there and post. This one, mycleanlink.com, uscleanersnetwork.com, worldofclean.com, kleenkuip.com and others. Search online for them, you will find much more.
If you don't have a google places listing, create one. Register here to read how to create one and optimize it
http://sfs.jondon.com/5326/resources...s-step-by-step

Ask your customers, friends and family to write you reviews on google places. The same for yahoo and bing.
Create listings on yelp, citysearch, merchantcirle, thumbtack, hotfrog, manta, buyerzone, linkedin, brownbook.
Become editor on JoeAnt and add your listing there
Maybe, get a website redesign,
Create company videos, people like it nowadays.
write some articles, hub pages and squidoo lenses.
There is no one strategy that will make it, you always need to do many small different things that will bring you the result.
post #3 of Old 01-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Agree with Alpha cleaning

1. Forums with signature linking to website are very good way of ranking high.
2. Google Places definitely as above.
3. Website SEO - Page title to have keywords, website name with keywords, file name to have keywords, metatags may not be that important. Page content to have keywords including footnotes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Craigslist bumps your website! For Sure!

I know for certain that craigslist bumps your website to the top of search engines. I don't know how but I put in a search I think for house cleaning services or carpet cleaning services and a craigslist ad popped up. If anyone can share the info how they did it I would be glad to know.
post #5 of Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualityassured View Post
I know for certain that craigslist bumps your website to the top of search engines. I don't know how but I put in a search I think for house cleaning services or carpet cleaning services and a craigslist ad popped up. If anyone can share the info how they did it I would be glad to know.
If it is the Craigs list listing, then it isn't YOUR site that is ranking, it is CRAIGSLIST that is ranking. Craigslist is crawled very frequently and holds weight. When making a listing, it is a good idea to title it with your targeted keywords so it has better chance to show up in a search.

Also be sure to hyper link to your site even though craigslist uses no-follow tags. I believe a mix of high rank sites and lower rank and "follow" and "no-follow" sites is a good plan. While you may not get "juice" from the no-follow sites, it does demonstrate to the search engines that you haven't just gone out and only got links from the best sites, but from a well rounded variety. It would look funny if all your "votes" came from folks in the same house on a block. The "poorer" neighbors should be "voting" too if you are a good, relevant site.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #6 of Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 AM

I have been saying this for years Mike.

BUT only about 2% of the hundred upon hundreds of new cleaning companies out there have enough sense to learn and apply themselves.

I often wonder if it would be more profitable to herd new contractors to one place and offer them business services and equipment?

Seems to be the new fad?

Why are they not trying to make money with service? With the bad economy and many out of work there must be more paying out of work noobie contractors than customers for service.

Am I the only one wondering this?

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
post #7 of Old 02-22-2011, 06:11 AM

Hello guys...!
In my point of view Link from your signature on industry related forums with good anchored keywords,Great title tag with main keyword, city/state, phone number,Facebook page with keyword title (Not your company name) with anchored text links to your site,List on all the free local directories like Google Local, Yahoo Local, Bing etc,Make a few youtube videos, title them with your targeted keywords and link to your site....!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode