Vacation rental cleaning - how to market? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 8Likes
  • 1 Post By Pristine Pixie
  • 1 Post By april1979
  • 1 Post By gustavas007
  • 1 Post By gaser
  • 1 Post By JamniaArce
  • 1 Post By MagicExteriorCleaning
  • 2 Post By assaf

post #1 of Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Vacation rental cleaning - how to market?

I live in a resort area, and want to start marketing for vacation rental cleanings.

How do I go about doing this? I know that some people use property management companies, and some are rental-by-owner. For the property management companies, I'm thinking that putting together a packet of info and bringing them by their offices might be a good idea. But how do you market to vacation rental owners? Craigslist?

Any ideas? Thanks!
darrenr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM

wooing property managers

The packet of information is a good idea. Bringing along some cinnamon rolls with it is an even better idea. I do residential window cleaning and office cleaning so I haven't courted the property managers very much. However, my brother gets a lot of his business from property managers. He does carpet cleaning, move-out cleaning, and junk removal from them. Since one property manager can get you so many jobs, it pays to get on their good side. He has good success from a little culinary gift giving. Sounds petty (the difference between cookies or no cookies), but it really has worked for him. The other thing you can do is to advertise in the local newspaper, on craigslist, and possibly join the local chamber of commerce. Doing door hangers might work if you time it right - right before the beginning of the vacation season. You don't weant to put up a bunch of door hangers during winter and have them get corroded by the elements
If you do door hangers, I would suggest having a website with a bunch of info on it and putting your web address on the door hanger.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
darrenr likes this.
post #3 of Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Make sure you pass out food that is pre wrapped, making cookies yourself would not be a good idea, they would just get thrown away. I find costco has great deals, they have cookies or muffins, and everyone knows they make good stuff. Be sure to black out the price tag.

As far as trying to contact individual landlords, the door hanging work well, you also might try to go on craigslist and google and try to find a place to rent in your area. use the contact info that potential renters would use to promote your services.

Carpet Cleaning Bellingham

darrenr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM

you should have a look on this website if you are interested in adding your vacation rentals for free,
it's free for a full year and also no payment or credit card required
good luck
darrenr likes this.
post #5 of Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 AM

I believe travelers also get annoyed with some property owners from time to time! When I suggest vacation home owners to rent one of their properties on a weekly basis, they only ask me questions about how much money they can make... and never ask about what they can do to get the house ready and as perfect as possible for the travelers. I often find that property owners don't want to make some minimal investments to get their vacation home ready for rental.
darrenr likes this.
post #6 of Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristine Pixie View Post
I live in a resort area, and want to start marketing for vacation rental cleanings.

How do I go about doing this? I know that some people use property management companies, and some are rental-by-owner. For the property management companies, I'm thinking that putting together a packet of info and bringing them by their offices might be a good idea. But how do you market to vacation rental owners? Craigslist?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Property managers
darrenr likes this.
post #7 of Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Try Turnoverbnb

Try signing up on turnoverbnb.com, its a online marketplace that connects cleaners and airbnb/homeaway hosts.
Bunga and darrenr like this.
post #8 of Old 05-04-2018, 04:15 AM

Have you tried facebook ads, flyer ...? Good luck.
post #9 of Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM

I'm in the restaurant hood cleaning business and I have a guy that does all my marketing for my locations. Whenever I am opening up in a new city, he creates a wave of new business right away. He did our Miami location in January - now we get 200+ incoming, new client calls each month. We launched in April for Phoenix Hood Cleaning and we're already getting leads from it.

I won't mention his name here - but if you want to talk with him, I'll hook you up. He's extremely reasonable and knows how to turn web searchers into phone calls.
post #10 of Old 10-28-2018, 11:42 AM

Use Marketing tool
post #11 of Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Here are some thoughts from someone who owns vacation property:

Don't expect great results from newspaper ads, Facebook, Craigslist, etc. It's too impersonal. Every vacation homeowner that I know, myself included, are very protective of our homes. There's no way I'd ever hire someone off the internet and give them access to my second home when I'm hundreds of miles away.

Avoid homeowners who use a management or rental company. Those companies have cleaning crews, because they're weekly check-in/check-out times are generally very structured. In my vacation home area, the renters flip on Saturday. Check out at 10. Check in at 4. During those 6 hours there are dozens of cleaning crews flipping hundreds of homes.

I like the idea of turnoverbnb. I'd never heard of that site. If it were me, though, I'd cut out the middleman and get on BNB and email the homeowners directly. This makes it more personal.

Be persistent and you'll get an opportunity. Once you do, go above and beyond. Don't view it as your first job but as an audition. Absentee homeowners in a vacation spot know each other. We're the ones there in the off season making repairs. We're the ones there after a hurricane checking on damage. We all have our neighbor's cell numbers, because if an owner is in town and sees a house with a busted window or a leak under the house or a renter acting like an idiot, the owner is notified. It's like an unwritten code. We all know we can't be there full time, so we all look out for one another. Earn the trust of one and word will spread quickly.

There's always a few homes occupied year-round in any vacation area. Try to meet those people. They usually know more offsite homeowners than anyone else does. They'd be your best networking ambassador.

Good luck.
post #12 of Old 11-25-2018, 02:38 AM

Hi CKRGraphics,
Great information. Really very helpful.
Thanks.
post #13 of Old 11-27-2018, 02:19 AM

try SMM..
post #14 of Old 03-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Never do newspapers. Has anyone marketed first cleaning free?
post #15 of Old 07-05-2019, 10:33 AM

First of all, you must think over the strategy. What and how can be done with the help of your affairs. That is why there are a lot of tasks that can be realized on this point of view.
post #16 of Old 10-18-2019, 03:09 AM

The main thing is to find customers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode