Website opinion - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Website opinion

Our website is about 90% done. I'd like some feedback on it.

The articles and news sections is not up and running yet, nor is the areas that we serve.

Pressure Washing St. Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Don... that looks GREAT!
Frankly I'm not sure what to suggest. One small thing would be to create a favicon to replace the default joomla one that is there currently.

Very nice site!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #3 of Old 03-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Nice looking site. Don I would suggest making your contact info stand out more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-15-2008, 07:22 PM

Very nice site Don,

Very easy to navigate and a fast loading site...I am on dial-up (live in the middle of nowhere) and have a prehistoric computer and some sites take forever to load for me. Yours was super quick.

It may just be my computer or browser but the opinion poll 'dark blue color' on the right of the home page overlaps the text. The words, Which would you rather, are in the lighter color blue and the rest of the poll (Leave to a professional, et al) is in the darker color in a box.

Probably something on my end but wondering if anyone else experienced that. And I voted for...roof shingles.

Didn't hit every page but did go to the deck info since I have had major deck problems in the past and noticed an awkward sentence. It's in the third paragraph.

...Cleaning decks with too much pressure will completely ruin it, leaving total replacement as you only alternative...

LOL, I was a teacher in my past life & the grammar is incorrect. Not nitpicking but just wanted to make you aware of that sentence.

All in all it is a fantastic website!!! Love the layout and pics. Very professional. Congratulations and the best of luck to you.

suzi
post #5 of Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Don... that looks GREAT!
Frankly I'm not sure what to suggest. One small thing would be to create a favicon to replace the default joomla one that is there currently.

Very nice site!
OK Nathan,

I am going to show my total computer/web-design ignorance and ask...what the heck are favicon's and joomla's? Have never heard of those (scratching my head & trying to guess)...

suzi
post #6 of Old 03-15-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzikg View Post
OK Nathan,

I am going to show my total computer/web-design ignorance and ask...what the heck are favicon's and joomla's? Have never heard of those (scratching my head & trying to guess)...

suzi
Did a search and found out what they are. Good idea to personalize the favicon as it will stand out if bookmarked or when the page is viewed in the browser.

I love learning new things...thanks!!!
post #7 of Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I am short on time so I didn't view the entire site, but it looks absolutely fantastic!

I did notice this spelled incorrectly on the Opinion Poll:

Cleaning Vinyl Sdiing

Hope that helps!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #8 of Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 AM

Just to follow up.

As a service company you should place your phone number top right of page unless you don't want the call.

Example:
www.rotorooter.com
www.servpro.com
www.brinkshomesecurity.com
www.terminix.com
post #9 of Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
OK Nathan,

suzi
A favicon is the little image that shows up to the left of the url in the address bar of a browser. Joomla is the content management system that this site is built on.

I would get rid of a few of the standard features that joomla comes with like "who's online" and user logins. They aren't needed on a site like this.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #10 of Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Very nice site Don,

It may just be my computer or browser but the opinion poll 'dark blue color' on the right of the home page overlaps the text. The words, Which would you rather, are in the lighter color blue and the rest of the poll (Leave to a professional, et al) is in the darker color in a box.

Probably something on my end but wondering if anyone else experienced that. And I voted for...roof shingles.
suzi
It's only like that viewed through Firefox for some reason, but the designers will fix it for him, I think they've already been informed of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Cleaning View Post
Just to follow up.

As a service company you should place your phone number top right of page unless you don't want the call.
This is an interesting concept and seems like a no-brainer. But I just don't know, I think I would want them to navigate my site a little bit before finding a number. A site should build value and it can't do that if they are there for two seconds and call the number. At that point they are just wanting a price estimate. Believe it or not if people are interested in a service they want information, if they wanted a number they'd just use yellowpages, yellowbook, or superpages or whatever.

Just my 2 pennies.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #11 of Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
It's only like that viewed through Firefox for some reason, but the designers will fix it for him, I think they've already been informed of the problem.

This is an interesting concept and seems like a no-brainer. But I just don't know, I think I would want them to navigate my site a little bit before finding a number. A site should build value and it can't do that if they are there for two seconds and call the number. At that point they are just wanting a price estimate. Believe it or not if people are interested in a service they want information, if they wanted a number they'd just use yellowpages, yellowbook, or superpages or whatever.

Just my 2 pennies.

I'm not trying change anyones thinking just pointing out the no brainer.

Maybe some should do a search to find out how many seconds a consumer will be on a site before they make a decision.

It so happens that our company purchases consumer buying habits stats. We have access too data that breaks down what % of consumers in our area use print or the internet for purchasing. We are aware of what lead service sites our customers are using and on average what % are buying. Some of this data lets us know what % of consumers in our local area bought from superpages for an example.

These are some of the things that should be offered at some of those round table events. Instead of having a contractor teach their limited understanding of a subject (the blind leading the blind) because they want to be accepted and considered as cool, how about hiring a professional marketing expert. I recommend learning what the consumer wants and if you can't afford or if you don't know how to find out, K.I.S.S.

As long as you are willing to educate the consumer I don't have too.

Last edited by Pressure Cleaning; 03-20-2008 at 02:13 PM.
post #12 of Old 03-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Does anyone hear circus music?

doot doot doo doo doo dod doot doot doo doo

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #13 of Old 03-20-2008, 03:01 PM

I think Don would improve his sites conversion rate if his contact info was more visible. Thats what its all about.
post #14 of Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying change anyones thinking just pointing out the no brainer.

Maybe some should do a search to find out how many seconds a consumer will be on a site before they make a decision. Yes maybe some should and maybe some did. You aren't hearing me, when a hot lead is interested in our services they want information. I use a premium anyalicis program to veiw my sites stats. I know what pages are popular and how long they visit them. Those that browse around and educate themselves are more prequalified when they do call or fill out a request for an estimate. Again my site or Don's site isn't a phone book ad, it's a marketing tool to build value with our type of customers.

It so happens that our company purchases consumer buying habits stats. We have access too data that breaks down what % of consumers in our area use print or the internet for purchasing. We are aware of what lead service sites our customers are using and on average what % are buying. Some of this data lets us know what % of consumers in our local area bought from superpages for an example. That's great! What's your closing ratio on Internet customers?

These are some of the things that should be offered at some of those round table events. Instead of having a contractor teach their limited understanding of a subject (the blind leading the blind) because they want to be accepted and considered as cool, how about hiring a professional marketing expert. I recommend learning what the consumer wants and if you can't afford or if you don't know how to find out, K.I.S.S. Boy! You are a freaking genius.

As long as you are willing to educate the consumer I don't have too.
I'm not rotorooter, servpro, brinkshomesecurity, or terminix so I'm not going to advertise like they do.

Do you have a website since you are such an expert I'd like to see it and see how well it ranks, let's play fair dish it up.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash

Last edited by Barry M; 03-21-2008 at 09:57 AM.
post #15 of Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Barry M your right what was I thinking.
post #16 of Old 03-21-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just to follow up.

Example:
www.rotorooter.com
www.servpro.com
www.brinkshomesecurity.com
www.terminix.com
Thanks for the live links...
post #17 of Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Barry M your right what was I thinking.

Do you even have a website?

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #18 of Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Barry M I don't have a site to list on this forum sorry.

Is it a ego thing or do I need a site to validate I have an opinion that makes since. I see some that have not responded to this post have already updated their sites contact info.
post #19 of Old 03-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Why do you keep bringing up the ego thing?

Look, I always try to be open minded about anything, and I'm sorry if I've come off as an egotistical know it all but I'm not. You are definitely still entitled to your opinion even without a site. You just rubbed me wrong with your round table comment. Have you ever attended one or is that just your opinion again?

I just got off the phone with my SEO/web design company. I asked them their experience with putting a phone number up top because they could do it to my site in about 2.1 seconds if I told them to. He said they've done it and tracked it and the results were nil. Basically he said it didn't change anything, it's not like the phone started ringing because of it. Obviously they want any customer they build a site for to get as many leads and jobs as possible so they would do it to all their sites if it worked.

I know what the stats are as far as how long people navigate a site. But that is MOST sites and MOST sites suck as far as valuable information. Most other contractor based service sites are me, me, me. We've been in business since 1981, we are the best, we do quality work, uniformed staff, fully insured. Seriously nobody cares about that crap and they probably wouldn't hang around long enough to even pick up the phone and dial a number if it was popping off the screen at them.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #20 of Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM

I would hire a new SEO. Just kidding.

If customer joe looks on average at 3 sites before he chooses and joe has read all he needs to on the other two sites the other sites has no prices listed so he checks one more site and decides to give you a call. Now on most sites joe vists on the net the phone number is listed top right and he can't find yours. He makes his decision within 8-10 seconds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode