What makes a GREAT janitoral & cleaning website? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

What makes a GREAT janitoral & cleaning website?

Many on this board have asked about good janitorial & cleaning websites. There are several elements that should be present....like relevant content, call to action, testimonials, etc.

Here's a great example of a website with all the elements:

http://www.full-service-janitorial.com/

If you like what you see, look at and click the facebook "like" button on the far right side column.

Thanks & hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Janitorial Service View Post
Many on this board have asked about good janitorial & cleaning websites. There are several elements that should be present....like relevant content, call to action, testimonials, etc.

Here's a great example of a website with all the elements:

http://www.full-service-janitorial.com/

If you like what you see, look at and click the facebook "like" button on the far right side column.

Thanks & hope this helps!
We work with DarrenSlaughter.
He did a website review for us, and we implented the changes.

It works !
post #3 of Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM

cool, i hit "like"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-06-2012, 12:52 AM

post #5 of Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 PM

I think a major component of what makes a cleaning website at least for the residential side, is a personalized picture somewhere on the site. People really would prefer to know who is coming into there home.
post #6 of Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayetti View Post
I think a major component of what makes a cleaning website at least for the residential side, is a personalized picture somewhere on the site. People really would prefer to know who is coming into there home.
I agree with you on this
post #7 of Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyGLO79 View Post
I agree with you on this
I am always amazed how people do not seem to care very much about the cleaning process. They really just want to know that it will be cleaned fast and professionally and that the people who are coming into their homes do not scare them

I think that we all put so much thought into all of our cleaning process that we just sort of assume that others must care as well. I know that is the case with my carpet cleaning company. I always want to tell people about the equipment cleaning solutions etc, and generally their eyes glaze over after about word three.

I believe a ton of it comes down to people being comfortable.
post #8 of Old 02-15-2012, 10:19 AM

One thing that I have head people say is that cleaning/janitorial sites could use rates that prospective clients could compare to other companies.

Thomas Cholewik
Busy Bee Cleaning Service
www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #9 of Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I am always amazed how people do not seem to care very much about the cleaning process. They really just want to know that it will be cleaned fast and professionally and that the people who are coming into their homes do not scare them

I think that we all put so much thought into all of our cleaning process that we just sort of assume that others must care as well.
I couldn't agree more. When I first started my company, I loaded my website with every detail of how I did the job - what kind of squeegees I used, what kind of solution, even what kind of ladders

No, after being in business for a couple of years, I realize that people just want to know that 1) they can trust you 2) that you do a good job 3) that you are a legitimate company (insurance, taxes etc)

I think that putting a picture of you or your crew is very important for the residential cleaner. Not as much with commercial cleaning, however.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Poulsbo Window Cleaning
post #10 of Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
I couldn't agree more. When I first started my company, I loaded my website with every detail of how I did the job - what kind of squeegees I used, what kind of solution, even what kind of ladders

No, after being in business for a couple of years, I realize that people just want to know that 1) they can trust you 2) that you do a good job 3) that you are a legitimate company (insurance, taxes etc)

I think that putting a picture of you or your crew is very important for the residential cleaner. Not as much with commercial cleaning, however.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Poulsbo Window Cleaning

I agree.
post #11 of Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 AM

Important Things for Carpet Cleaning Site

There are two general categories:
1) Important things for search engine optimization (SEO)
2) Important things to convert clients

For SEO:
It's important that you have great, detailed content. For this it might be worth having a blog and regularly update your site with interesting and relevant information regarding your niche of carpet cleaning.
You pages should have multimedia content - written content, images and even videos if possible.
There is a fine line that has to be walked between writing content for search engines and for people.
As a general rule you want at least ~500 words per page, and you should sprinkle within the text they keywords you are trying to optimize the page for.

For converting clients:
Have a contact form on several places on your website on each page. Have a clear call to action to prompt people to fill in the form e.g. Fill in form for free quote.

Make sure your phone number is bold and visible in the top right hand side of all the pages, so people can easily find your phone number and call you.

These are some basic tips.

Any questions, post here.
post #12 of Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCParramatta View Post
There are two general categories:
1) Important things for search engine optimization (SEO)
2) Important things to convert clients

For SEO:
It's important that you have great, detailed content. For this it might be worth having a blog and regularly update your site with interesting and relevant information regarding your niche of carpet cleaning.
You pages should have multimedia content - written content, images and even videos if possible.
There is a fine line that has to be walked between writing content for search engines and for people.
As a general rule you want at least ~500 words per page, and you should sprinkle within the text they keywords you are trying to optimize the page for.

For converting clients:
Have a contact form on several places on your website on each page. Have a clear call to action to prompt people to fill in the form e.g. Fill in form for free quote.

Make sure your phone number is bold and visible in the top right hand side of all the pages, so people can easily find your phone number and call you.

These are some basic tips.

Any questions, post here.
Thanks! your suggestions are great. I have experienced difficulties in making my own site live and active to get business conversions, I think we should promote our brand more as brand reputation can give you a higher rate of conversion in your business. Like I am owning a janitorial supply store and I am promoting my brand and it really benefited me a lot both in online and offline business.
post #13 of Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 AM

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryancell001 View Post
Thanks! your suggestions are great. I have experienced difficulties in making my own site live and active to get business conversions, I think we should promote our brand more as brand reputation can give you a higher rate of conversion in your business. Like I am owning a janitorial supply store and I am promoting my brand and it really benefited me a lot both in online and offline business.
Hey, no worries, happy to help out. If you want send me a PM and I'm happy to go over your site with you on skype and give you some tips one on one.
post #14 of Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 AM

I am a big fan of video !!!!
post #15 of Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Dallas Janitorial

I looked at the site and it is loaded with information. However, the landing page seems to be very busy almost to the point of distraction. When initially viewing the page your eyes are pulled from one area to the next at breathtaking speed. It is almost information overload. I appreciate what you are trying to do but it needs to be better organized.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode