What is the stangest job you've been asked to bid/quote on? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

What is the stangest job you've been asked to bid/quote on?

I thought biding on a circus to clean the bleachers in between shows was pretty rare.

Share some of your stories...

Express Commercial Cleaning
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 AM

a strip club
post #3 of Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 AM

I cleaned a monkey cage once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-24-2009, 07:41 PM

that is funny
post #5 of Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 AM

strange cleaning request

I had 2 situations one a customer wanted me to clean a sofa after her husband had literally just died on it not more the hour or less after the coroner had picked him up, no lie true story. P.S i did not do the job because of the circumstances of the fluids left on the sofa. Then another i guessing around a year or so later where a customer wanted an estimate on cleaning there car; in which a relative of theirs had killed himself months before. Needless to say the stinch in the car was unbearable to smell and horrible to see. I did not do that job either! Those are ture stories i did not exaggerate at all thats exactly what happened!
post #6 of Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionChemDry View Post
I had 2 situations one a customer wanted me to clean a sofa after her husband had literally just died on it not more the hour or less after the coroner had picked him up, no lie true story. P.S i did not do the job because of the circumstances of the fluids left on the sofa. Then another i guessing around a year or so later where a customer wanted an estimate on cleaning there car; in which a relative of theirs had killed himself months before. Needless to say the stinch in the car was unbearable to smell and horrible to see. I did not do that job either! Those are ture stories i did not exaggerate at all thats exactly what happened!
Good God I wouldnt have touched either one of those either. I really havent had too many wierd ones. One of my first Move Out type of cleanings, I had a customer who kept a pretty clean house. Except for her Master Bathroom. I was shocked how bad it was. Took me over 3 hours just to clean that. The darn fan above the toilet took 30 minutes. It was caked with dust and hair. It was just weird that the whole hose was pretty clean except for that one bathrrom that she used everyday.
post #7 of Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 AM

In addition to mold removal Tampa jobs we have been doing some bank owned cleaning jobs on foreclosed properties. Talk about crazy!!! Not only are most of the houses trashed, they also have water damage and some of them the people that moved out took all the copper water lines, electrical wires, AC units, cabinets, etc. and just left all the trash and debris everywhere. I hope the banks go after these people for making our lives more difficult!
post #8 of Old 10-24-2011, 06:36 AM

Someone asked for us to clean a tree in their backyard.
They wanted the mold off an oak tree.

We politely said "no"
post #9 of Old 10-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Trashed House?

Talk about a trashed house I was in one the other day; roughly 10-12,000 sq. ft. and approximately $4,500,000 per the MLM listing. The previous owners literally killed this house, it wasnt just trashed in was.....I dont know how to describe it. I know this, the previous habitants of the house were apparently mad at it! There is a list of damages to long to list but, to give everybody an idea. wood and marble fireplaces.... sledge hammered and or ripped out. marble floors NO MORE, carpet? what carpet? bathrooms...5 of them constructed; 5 of them destructed, very big expensive spiral stair case part of it is on the garage floor, part of it is in the pool in the backyard, and the rest of it not to sure! But, hey there is still a smaller spiral staircase somewhat in tact. Kitchen.....all gone! Kitchen probably in the high $100,000 and that might be on the low end for this house. And if anyone is actually curious I do have pictures I took with my camera phone...pretty good ones too! Hit me up if anyone wants to see them. Oh yeah in case anyone is wondering no I was not asked to quote a cleaning nor a restore or anything like that. I just live in a much smaller house down the street from this neighborhood and I know the agent. Bada bing bada boom Im in!

Last edited by ActionChemDry; 10-25-2011 at 01:02 AM.
post #10 of Old 10-30-2011, 10:11 PM

a woman's house, who was a hoarder of shoes and boots. she literally had shelves across her whole house and living room filled with shoes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode