Where to look for the business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-15-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Where to look for the business

Good day every body.
Im relatively new to this forum and I've been started small family business not to while ago. I think my main questions would be where is everyone looking for the leads? Is there broker website or anything of that type? I currently advertice on couple websites, but I was looking for something more where I in my self and look for potential leads my self?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-16-2015, 12:05 AM

Residential or commercial?

Leaving out information isn't something you want to do when trying to get new clients. That's a huge reason lots of people fail.
post #3 of Old 03-16-2015, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Residential or commercial?

Leaving out information isn't something you want to do when trying to get new clients. That's a huge reason lots of people fail.
What do you mean?
Im looking to do Commercial during evening times and Residential during the day.

Last edited by TotalClean; 03-16-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Forgot some detail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-16-2015, 02:59 PM

I know it sounds great but that has failed for a lot of people. You need to choose 1 or the other and make a plan. Even when I had a lot of employees and a lot of residential customers when I lived in Omaha it was very hard to add in commercial. Nowadays I won't even consider it.

It's even tough to add on carpet cleaning to residential. When you run residential, if you want employees, you need to focus, focus, focus.

But if you insist on doing commercial and residential then you will need to do everything under the sun to bring in calls. You will need to literally work night and day to bring in new clients. But, you will also work night and day cleaning commercial and residential so it would be the same amount of work getting the customers as it will be to clean them. 24/7

I'd say to choose 1 or the other.
post #5 of Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I know it sounds great but that has failed for a lot of people. You need to choose 1 or the other and make a plan. Even when I had a lot of employees and a lot of residential customers when I lived in Omaha it was very hard to add in commercial. Nowadays I won't even consider it.

It's even tough to add on carpet cleaning to residential. When you run residential, if you want employees, you need to focus, focus, focus.

But if you insist on doing commercial and residential then you will need to do everything under the sun to bring in calls. You will need to literally work night and day to bring in new clients. But, you will also work night and day cleaning commercial and residential so it would be the same amount of work getting the customers as it will be to clean them. 24/7

I'd say to choose 1 or the other.
That is a good point you making there. Thank you.
One more thing, where do I generally look for business? Is there a website where people post their needs? Im just trying to see all my options of advertising so I can determine what direction to head.
post #6 of Old 03-16-2015, 10:49 PM

Oh sure... there is a site you go to, type in your city and the zip code you want your work in and it will automatically give you all the accounts you want.

Just pm me and for only $99 CASH I'll hook you up!

Trust me, any site that sells leads for residential cleaning will screw you for more money that my $99 CASH so I'll give you a deal!

If you think it's as easy as getting some leads from one of the lead services (hard for me to even say that really because they are not a 'lead' company), easily getting the customers and then all you have to do is clean..... not even close.

For commercial you will need to be on the phone 8am-5pm making contacts. For residential many people say many different things. Personally, the only way I've ever grown a business (And I've had several cleaning businesses that I've sold and other service businesses) is with flyers. Start passing out flyers at 9am, take a 20 minute lunch break and back at it until 5pm. Do that every day for 60 days and you will have more work than you know what to do with... given a superb flyer and passing them out in the correct neighborhoods. If you think I'm joking about the flyers come on down and I'll let you work with me for a week and see how we do it.

No need to make a website unless you know how to make what google wants and how to do SEO. At the end of last year google changed everything. And if someone says they can make you a site and do the SEO to get you front page of google for under $1000 a month they are a liar unless you live in a small town. And if you live in a small town I can show you how to do it for yourself for $100 a YEAR! Just to be clear on that, the $100 is not for me telling you how to do it. The $100 is for the website company to host your site.

Yes, I might have been a smart (*) at times but it is all the truth about how to grow your company. You need to know how to run a business before you start this. Cleaning is the easy part.... my grandma was cleaning in 1928.

Good luck and please read the puns between the lines.
post #7 of Old 03-16-2015, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh sure... there is a site you go to, type in your city and the zip code you want your work in and it will automatically give you all the accounts you want.

Just pm me and for only $99 CASH I'll hook you up!

Trust me, any site that sells leads for residential cleaning will screw you for more money that my $99 CASH so I'll give you a deal!

If you think it's as easy as getting some leads from one of the lead services (hard for me to even say that really because they are not a 'lead' company), easily getting the customers and then all you have to do is clean..... not even close.

For commercial you will need to be on the phone 8am-5pm making contacts. For residential many people say many different things. Personally, the only way I've ever grown a business (And I've had several cleaning businesses that I've sold and other service businesses) is with flyers. Start passing out flyers at 9am, take a 20 minute lunch break and back at it until 5pm. Do that every day for 60 days and you will have more work than you know what to do with... given a superb flyer and passing them out in the correct neighborhoods. If you think I'm joking about the flyers come on down and I'll let you work with me for a week and see how we do it.

No need to make a website unless you know how to make what google wants and how to do SEO. At the end of last year google changed everything. And if someone says they can make you a site and do the SEO to get you front page of google for under $1000 a month they are a liar unless you live in a small town. And if you live in a small town I can show you how to do it for yourself for $100 a YEAR! Just to be clear on that, the $100 is not for me telling you how to do it. The $100 is for the website company to host your site.

Yes, I might have been a smart (*) at times but it is all the truth about how to grow your company. You need to know how to run a business before you start this. Cleaning is the easy part.... my grandma was cleaning in 1928.

Good luck and please read the puns between the lines.
I couldnt tell if you were sarcastic during your first 5 lines ( sorry ).
I am a web developer my self and my parents own this business. I just want to organize everything for them so I can move on with my Developing duties. Its difficult see them struggle a little.

I use this handing out flyer deal and it works pretty fine. I though Id be able to find some webs where Ill be looking for leads and see if there is another option for this.

CEO it wont be an issue for me I have a lot of web people that do different things and Im sure ill be able to promote it.

Questions: Where should I be handing out flyers? Outside of the store or mall what the deal with this. Where will the be the most optimum?
post #8 of Old 03-16-2015, 11:21 PM

If you don't want to talk specifics on here you can pm me. What zip code do they want to work in? I can google it and see the houses in that area myself and then go from there.
post #9 of Old 03-16-2015, 11:23 PM

Oh yeah.... hell yeah I was serious... send me $99 and I'll screw you a little easier than the lead companies will.
post #10 of Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 AM

Leads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalClean View Post
Good day every body.
Im relatively new to this forum and I've been started small family business not to while ago. I think my main questions would be where is everyone looking for the leads? Is there broker website or anything of that type? I currently advertice on couple websites, but I was looking for something more where I in my self and look for potential leads my self?
Hi TotalClean!
You can ask your friends to help you in promoting business through 'word of mouth' advertising, also you can post your services to classified ads and local ads.
post #11 of Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 AM

You can try cold calling businesses in your area and or surrounding areas and asking if they are in need of a cleaning service. You can create a little script on what to say and start calling around
post #12 of Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM

Nowadays there is a good way to find leads: use online marketing. It is a huge field of opportunies except of the traditional offline marketing. You can advertise your services in any way you want: in social media, Google Adwords or place your ads on different websites, blogs and forums. And this is just the top of the iceberg. If you have a tight budget at the beginning of your business I always recommend to use web-platforms to promote your services that allow to do this for free. Not so long ago I discovered for myself HireRush website, where you can place your Ad for free and your potential clients will contact you themselves. This is a good way to start and see the demand for this service. Here it is: https://www.hirerush.com/anywhere/se...eping-cleaning
Of course you should do more than just placing ads and waiting for calls, you should do active sales, but the strategy would depend on who is your target audience and competitors. Make a good research!
post #13 of Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 PM

We get leads from everywhere.

Craiglist
Facebook
Website
Google PPC
Radio
Flyers
Door Hangers

The thing is to keep it spread out and not dump all of your money into one thing. After a while yous start to realize where your real money comes from. And that's in building repeat business. But you have to keep reminding folks that you're there.
post #14 of Old 12-02-2015, 12:50 AM

To promote your business you need to do online marketing and promotion for your business.Now a days SMO plays an important role to promote your business.

Tags
business , leads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode