Why Janitorial Companies and Cleaning Services MUST Be Members of LinkedIn - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ed_Selkow
Why Janitorial Companies and Cleaning Services MUST Be Members of LinkedIn

LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network with more than 150 million members world wide. Connections to 103,828 property managers, 30,240 facility managers, 589,653 office managers, 22,360 directors of facilities, 46,899 maintenance managers, and 67,034 plant managers, are all members of LinkedIn and purchase cleaning and janitorial services and supplies.

The number of cleaning services and janitorial companies have skyrocketed over the last 30 years, growing from 19,000 total companies in the US, to over 127,000 in 2011.

The competition for every commercial cleaning dollar spent has never been greater. At the same time, access to the digital world of business and commerce and the single most important thing a janitorial company owner can do, get connected to this digital world.

Connecting is not just with potential buyers but also with employees, suppliers and everyone you do business with. LinkedIn has proven to be the most powerful and free, online tool to connect to the business world. The market for janitorial and cleaning services is driven by connections. It always has been about making connections.

If there was a ever a business relationship requiring trust, familiarity and accessibility, the relationship between a cleaning service and their client is one of the most important but one of the hardest to develop.

In the 1970s I started a small janitorial company. I studied about management and marketing and the business grew to over 100 buildings. I sold that company and in the early 1980s and went to work for a large janitorial service that only cleaned skyscrapers and very large buildings. What I learned there was that making connections was everything. It was not what you knew but WHO you knew that mattered.

Connections and contacts were made the old fashioned way, cold calling on targeted prospects and engaging them on a personal level. What the company I worked for called, going out and making friends. Today, door to door cold calling is extremely difficult due to the competitive landscape.

Property and Facility Managers have a constant stream of cold calling vendors standing in their lobbies and calling them for a sales opportunity, janitorial services are only one of the many services offered. Landscaping, security, pest control, mechanical maintenance, parking and every single service a building may need is vying for Building Managementís attention and dollars.

LinkedIn does not take the place of a face to face meeting but it prepares the way for one. LinkedIn is not a listing or network of companies but of individuals within companies and thatís where itís power lies. People connecting with people. The best part is that it is free.

As the janitorial industry was late in adopting the internet, once again we are late to the next digital wave, social media and in todayís competitive marketplace for cleaning services, we simply cannot ignore this powerful new medium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 AM

LinkedIN is a great tool for networking.
post #3 of Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicExteriorCleaning View Post
LinkedIN is a great tool for networking.
Agreed, actually the best on the web right now I'd say...

Nick Sidla || Account Executive
Job Scheduling Software
Customer Testimonial Software
Free Route Optimization Software and GPS
Follow me on Twitter for daily business tips@servicetask !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-16-2012, 06:18 AM

I see there is groups created on LinkedIn. Are you members of any ?
post #5 of Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ed_Selkow
LinkedIn membership - cleaning and property management groups

Yes I am a member of several groups because LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network with more than 150 million members world wide. Connections to 103,828 property managers, 30,240 facility managers, 589,653 office managers, 22,360 directors of facilities, 46,899 maintenance managers, and 67,034 plant managers, are all members of LinkedIn and purchase cleaning and janitorial services and supplies.

Tags
janitorial marketing , linkedin , prospects , sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode