Yelp, adwords, or home advisors? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-12-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Yelp, adwords, or home advisors?

I am a new commercial cleaning company. What's the best bang for the buck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-13-2016, 05:42 AM

I think Yelp is pretty good, but you can also try HireRush.com: https://www.hirerush.com/how-it-works/provider
post #3 of Old 02-17-2016, 05:38 PM

Smile Home Advisor in my opinion, Avoid Yelp!

I would suggest checking out Angie's List, Thumbtack and Home Advisor for lead gen.

We have been using Yelp's pay per click for the past 6 months and we have had a terrible experience.

Yelp as a free service may be worth it, but we have lost money on the paid campaign. Additionally, Yelp doesn't track appropriately and will report that you have had 50 clicks this month when in analytics I can see this is not the case.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-17-2016, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and information about yelp!
post #5 of Old 02-19-2016, 12:15 PM

No Problem

Possibly check out Buyer Zone too.
post #6 of Old 02-25-2016, 08:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to frankkruemmel
Hi there fellow business owner? Some of the lead-providing services work quite well. Yet there is a cost. HomeAdvisor is good because they do a lot commercials! There is a lead-fee but that investment can pay of long-term if you stay connected to the client and ask for referrals. - Always make sure your act fast to every lead that comes in. Angie's list is probably good too. Not sure if you are a small company but don't forget to allocate time to drive sales. We used Yelp and HomeAdvisor. Was not too impressed with Yelp. Most clients go on the web to find someone! Make sure that you have a webpage and get on the top of the search engine. You can do a lot yourself by posting videos or pictures yourself. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on people or services that promise the world. Depending on your business strategy; use craiglist also and built up business through networking. It all depends of how much time you spend marketing your business.
post #7 of Old 02-25-2016, 01:26 PM

Google adwords and home advisor seem to be the best way lately to make sure that your business shows up on the home page, Angie's List can be helpful too, but not always, seems to take awhile to be effective unless you have something that you can make into a deal. Haven't had a lot of luck with Yelp, But good reviews go a long way. Customer Lobby is also a great tool.
post #8 of Old 05-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Google ADwords have worked for me some what. It atleast got me to page one. Yelp is great, but I must say it gets annoying when their sales reps try to sell you their marketing packages. Very expensive.
post #9 of Old 05-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Just so you know, it was not AdWords that got you on the 1st page of google. It doesn't work like that. I've never used AdWords and have always been on the 1st page in ever business I've been in. Google even agrees that AdWords does not get you on the 1st page.... I think there is a law preventing them from working it like that.
post #10 of Old 05-10-2016, 04:02 PM

Smith Brothers, it is your good SEO that has you at the top of Google in your town. Set up a Google+ page and it will help a little more... and Twitter would be another boost even if you never use it. Link them both to your site. Just use it for the back link. You NEED some reviews if you want to stay on top though. Google doesn't gives stars unless you have 5 or more reviews... which is why the guy below you is in 2nd place. Neither of you have any on site SEO strategy to speak of... you have one H1 and I think it was two H2's and no H3's. Lucky for you the guy in 2nd place has no H1, no H2 and no H3.

The third place guy would need to do a LOT of work in order to pass either of you... BUT.... ChemDry has an old style website or else they would be kicking everyone's (*)! They have some good SEO but are lacking on key factors. If they did an hours worth of work to their site they would easily be #1.

Oshkosh, the #1 guy in your town paid a lot of money to get his site done. lol I think it could be laid out better as for the reader experience though. The 2nd place guy has 5 back links but he has two H1's and nothing else as far as headings on his page. I'd say he paid someone to build the site but not very recently.

On to your site.... before I comment about the SEO I'd like to point out something I thought was funny. In your ABOUT section here is what you have: 'We find that our attention to detail' This site keeps correcting it but on your site you have 2 spaces between our and attention. I just thought it was funny because in the place you was talking about where you PAY ATTENTION... you didn't pay attention. lol

With 5 backlinks I think you could be a solid 2nd place with 20 minutes worth of work.

Carpet Cleaning Services that cover Oshkosh, WI and the Fox Valley

Need to be shortened because Google doesn't like it that long. It should read: Carpet Cleaning Services Oshkosh, WI

Does Fox Valley have actual town in it? If so, make a separate page for each town.

You have ZERO H1, four H2 and no H3. Get this fixed. You need one H1, cut the H2's down to one and make the others H3's.

If I had to bet I'd say here are your H2's.
Carpet Cleaning Services that cover Oshkosh, WI and the Fox Valley
Make this an H1

​Click here to call us at 920-663-2186
To google this has no merit so it can be an H3.

Please reach out to us by filling out the free instant quote form or call us at 920-663-2186!
Another H3

WE LOVE OUR CUSTOMERS!
Another H3

I could be wrong because I didn't do an in-depth look but even if I am wrong, you get the idea.

Also, set up a Google+ and Twitter and link it to your site and GET REVIEWS! Google loves reviews!

Google wants good content that tells what/when/when/how you do your work. And they want back links to good sites so they know you are real.

See, has nothing to do with AdWords, you both have decent SEO on the backside of your site and decent content on your site.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 05-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.
post #11 of Old 05-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Oshkosh, even with the 1st place guys 14 back links and decent site, if you fix your site and get a minimum 5 reviews, you MIGHT be able to take over the top spot.

Make a page for each city you service and write good content on it.

He has a sucky footer and so do you. Take all that crap out of your footer. Each page should have a name and link. Also link your FB/G+/T and type in your address. Also have the and that is about it for your footer.

Move that map up above the footer.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 05-10-2016 at 04:21 PM.
post #12 of Old 05-10-2016, 05:38 PM

sprintcar93....Thanks a million for taking time out of your day to review my site and provide these inputs. Seriously...I do appreciate it. Even calling me out on my typo! Love it! What do you mean about each page should have a name and a Link? I am not sure if my content manager system distinguishes the H1, H2 H3...I will look into it. I am using Weebly and for font it just has a + and - to make it bigger or smaller.

Right now I am stuck on Page 2 of my google keyword searches. I think with your advice I can get an organic page 1.....so thank you!
post #13 of Old 05-10-2016, 05:40 PM

you mention that google wants backlinks to good sites...don't I want good sites linking to me instead?
post #14 of Old 05-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Weebly is my favorite.

I'll get back to you in a little bit after I eat. I only use Weebly.
post #15 of Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

But first.... now that I know that you're using Weebly and understand how the site is running, what is the 2 and the fc top left corner?
post #16 of Old 05-10-2016, 07:11 PM

This could be long, I'll make a thread named Weebly so we don't take over this thread totally.
post #17 of Old 05-10-2016, 09:25 PM

Both of those are links for sites I did citations on....they required me to add those for site verification.
post #18 of Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 PM

For the remainder of Weebly talk

http://www.cleaningtalk.com/f20/weebly-22201/
post #19 of Old 05-13-2016, 07:54 AM

HomeAdvisor

How much are people paying for the HomeAdvisor leads? Isn't it true that you have to pay and they send that lead to multiple people, so if you're not the first to call, you still get charged?
post #20 of Old 05-13-2016, 10:46 AM

When I'm close, why would anyone need things like HomeAdvisor? Get on 820 and I'm 5 minutes east of you. 3 minutes ago I turned down a carpet cleaning job (we haven't cleaned carpet in abut 10 years) near downtown Ft Worth. I'd have passed it on to you but you never acknowledged me. I have customers that sometimes need their carpet cleaned, but you never acknowledged me. I can get carpet jobs when I want them, but we don't clean carpet. I know people all over town, that's why I always make money. Well, that and I'm even nice to people I don't like... which is a lot of people

While you are hoping and praying for jobs, I'm turning them down.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode