Any recommendations for janitorial bidding software? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Bob

Any recommendations for janitorial bidding software?

I'm currently looking at Janbid. Anyone ever used it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 PM

Checked it out briefly. Check out www.bidcleangrow.com It's the most advanced I know of.
post #3 of Old 10-16-2011, 03:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mazharshah Send a message via Skype™ to mazharshah
I never use this software .. Can you explanation?

Thanks
Mazhar SHah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM

i am curious about this too. I have used exactimate in the past but I am not aware of a software specifically targeted at cleaning. It would be interesting if something like that existed.
post #5 of Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to fenway2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellem View Post
i am curious about this too. I have used exactimate in the past but I am not aware of a software specifically targeted at cleaning. It would be interesting if something like that existed.
I use Clean Bid. This software does it all. Input the rooms, the area, and the software does the rest. In fact, all you really need is the total square footage and the software will intuitively help you sort out the details. It can produce a concise, detailed bid, complete with production hours. It can bid by the square footage or hourly method.

With its mobile app, I can use my smartphone or tablet and produce a bid while I am performing my walkthrough, which gives me the opportunity to close before anyone else.

It is a membership site but well worth the monthly fee. Check it out for yourself @ http://www.cleanbid.net/
post #6 of Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM

what does man hours mean
post #7 of Old 01-05-2014, 03:47 PM

post #8 of Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Manhours it the total number of hours it will take to complete the job.

You might start with bidding software, but after a while, you will be able to calculate it yourself with a simple Excel spreadsheet.

GreenAir Cleaning Systems, Incorporated

www.progreencleaningservices.com
post #9 of Old 01-09-2014, 09:18 PM

I second cleanbid, if you can afford the monthly fee (its a bit much for me), for a starter bid software until you can make bid calculations on your own.

Another one I like is Janbid, although its not as easy to use as cleanbid, the upside, it works almost as well and no monthly membership (pay for software only).
I paid 180 for mine, dont know how much the software is now.

Latoya Hudley, LH Superior Cleaning Services, LLC
Raleigh, NC (919) 817-8331

post #10 of Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 AM
wws

You guys check out Pro-Posal?
post #11 of Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM

I'll never understand why people give bids based on square footage. It misses so much about the job! I think it can help as a metric that you can add into your assessment. I would never use software for this part of the business, I do use software for every other part though. I can now run my whole business with Ipad apps and online services.

For me the bid is where the real magic happens, that is the "art" part of the business. It is about making a connection with the client and assessing if it is a good fit and what kind of monetary exchange is possible and beneficial.

So many cleaners are miserable because they feel they are constantly falling behind or being taken advantage of or being under priced or.... I mostly blame the 'square footage bid' and the attitude that it is a purely objective business broken down into data that can be easily mastered through a formula.

Anybody else feel that way? Just curious. It obviously works just fine for some.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #12 of Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 PM
wws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaningguru View Post
I'll never understand why people give bids based on square footage. It misses so much about the job! I think it can help as a metric that you can add into your assessment. I would never use software for this part of the business, I do use software for every other part though. I can now run my whole business with Ipad apps and online services.

For me the bid is where the real magic happens, that is the "art" part of the business. It is about making a connection with the client and assessing if it is a good fit and what kind of monetary exchange is possible and beneficial.

So many cleaners are miserable because they feel they are constantly falling behind or being taken advantage of or being under priced or.... I mostly blame the 'square footage bid' and the attitude that it is a purely objective business broken down into data that can be easily mastered through a formula.

Anybody else feel that way? Just curious. It obviously works just fine for some.
I hear you.

Pro-posal software would be something that you would still go and meet the customer and get a feel for the job. This software just puts all of the information together to offer a great presentation. Top notch stuff
post #13 of Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM

I just started using Jobber. for my company and love it. pre-sets are is easy to set up, and they are continually rolling out updates to users request. Pm Me if you want more details.
post #14 of Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM

What are some of the better examples of bidding software? So we have Janbid and jobber?

I still take notes with my daytimer! I use my iPad to take shots and record the bid as well, then take notes and record into a Ipad app called 7shifts to share with my cleaning techs.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #15 of Old 03-06-2014, 10:05 PM
wws

post #16 of Old 10-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Has anyone used an application on GooglePlay called JaniBid? It looks like a great app. that can be used on an android, iPhone and laptop with no monthly payments, and a low cost of $70. I've looked at most of the applications out there and this one seems like a great deal.
post #17 of Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 PM

what is this?
post #18 of Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM

It's a mobile bidding application. You can get more information by just searching JaniBid or searching for it on GooglePlay. I just purchased it yesterday.
post #19 of Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 PM

very nice... i will try it =-)
post #20 of Old 10-10-2014, 02:42 AM

Interesting, never knew there were so many options for this niche

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode