Creating a Website, Advertising Tools and General Info - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-06-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Smile Creating a Website, Advertising Tools and General Info

I am a new business owner and need some help and advice on how to get a website up created, up and running. I have searched wordpress and it seems like a lot of work. Maybe I am not looking in the right place on Wordpress to build one from scratch??

I don't have the money at this time to invest in advertising and/or a company to create a website for me.

I have been researching and reading this site and I have learned valuable information. I have read that having a website is one of the most effective ways to get leads. I have been using craigslist with some success and this morning I put my business on "google places".

Can anyone give me some pointers on website creation as well as other places that I can advertise for free? I had a company call me this morning offering me "lead generation" for 8 to 10%. Should I sign up with lead companies?

Thank you. I want to add that I really enjoy this forum. Are there other forums that I should look at too?

Ouiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 AM

sounds like service master

they are hit and miss. some people have good things to say, others don't

they are better than scam companies like outrank though

as for websites, if you want a basic wordpress site done with one of the more powerful pay per themes i do starters for people that allow you to add text at your own pace and or if you have the text ready i can assemble the whole thing for you. prices are only $120-150 all you'll need is a hosting account and host monster has $3.95/mo online specials if you search around.

what's a basic site look like? similar to this one when i finish it

www.carpet-cleaning-portland.com

or

www.oregontaxservice.com

which i did for a local tax advisor. in the case of the tax site once she sends the text over i toss it in.

lastly the code actually gets done correctly and indexes very easily in google. the tax page for example is already on page 1 for it's prime search term and the site isn't even completed yet

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #3 of Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM

I wouldn't bother with lead generation, your better off doing it yourself.

I've been design for along time now and by chance own a cleaning company too!

I built my site using blogger, you can see it here: Berkshire Cleaning

Blogger is free btw, if you want to use wordpress then use wordpress.com, I redesigned a blog template, designed a logo and banner, etc and added text then set about ranking it.

I've designed sites for other cleaning companies too! It's worth learning about and doing it yourself, you could save a small fortune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the information. I guess I will continue to generate the work myself and hold off on signing up for any lead generation through any companies. The blogger site sounds good and inexpensive. Maybe later on I can afford a website. Keep everyone posted!!

Ouiser
post #5 of Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM

lead generation is just another way to take your money and not produce anything.

I've put a few websites together(see sig) myself and have done them for less than $300
post #6 of Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouiser View Post
I am a new business owner and need some help and advice on how to get a website up created, up and running. I have searched wordpress and it seems like a lot of work. Maybe I am not looking in the right place on Wordpress to build one from scratch??

I don't have the money at this time to invest in advertising and/or a company to create a website for me.

I have been researching and reading this site and I have learned valuable information. I have read that having a website is one of the most effective ways to get leads. I have been using craigslist with some success and this morning I put my business on "google places".

Can anyone give me some pointers on website creation as well as other places that I can advertise for free? I had a company call me this morning offering me "lead generation" for 8 to 10%. Should I sign up with lead companies?

Thank you. I want to add that I really enjoy this forum. Are there other forums that I should look at too?

Ouiser
I've used Serif's products both free and paid versions and they are more than adequate for a simple web site.
I've recently started working with Joomla, which is a bit of overkill for a small site. A different learning curve but worth it in the long run. It is probably a better choice that Wordpress and is also free.

Not free but worth looking into are Google ads. As a new user you can get $60.00 or more in free ads.
You have a lot of options and that includes limiting the geographical area you work in.

Word of mouth will be your best path and I plan on giving a reduced rate for a short period to both a new client and the person who referred them.
post #7 of Old 06-13-2011, 08:40 AM

We like Google Ads, but it's important to read the documentation thoroughly before you get stuck in. Getting the organisation right and bids right from the start can save you money in the long run.

Our site runs Wordpress and we had a local developer do a custom design and build a custom theme for us. It works well because we can go back and tweak this or that whenever we like. We're also starting a blog soon, and we've been able to add that to Wordpress pretty easily.
post #8 of Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouiser View Post

Ouiser
I have three words for you... A Cleaner Business

A Cleaner Business can help you get started with a low cost website for only $49.95 a month, with no development costs, hosting fees or long term contracts.

Your site can be live in just 24 hours, promoting your business and bringing in more customers and sales.

Check out all the benefits at A Cleaner Business

Last edited by acleanerbusiness; 01-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode