Does being on first page google really help ???? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Does being on first page google really help ????

Just curious if being on Google first page help out business . I already have website but not SEO and a local company guarantees first page but its expensive .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Our calls went up 64% when we hit the #2 spot.

-Crista
post #3 of Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Yes, I would agree. First page does help, especially in top couple of positions. Not sure if the company you mention can guarantee top position though - quite a strong claim. Can you get any money back if you do not reach top position?

Find the best carpet cleaner for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM

I do my own SEO, but I would recommend paying someone if you are not 110% computer nerd.
post #5 of Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

I thought about AdWords but my location for commercial is 4.18 $ a click ..seo 350 a month . How do you do your own ?
post #6 of Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everclean View Post
I thought about AdWords but my location for commercial is 4.18 $ a click ..seo 350 a month . How do you do your own ?
$4 a click is not bad. $350 a month would be crazy. Most web people should charge you a one time fee of $350 or so and then around $100 a month. At least that was the quote I got in January.

I do my own from reading like crazy. It took about 4 months, but I would say I am an Intermediate at it. Look up Google SEO in your search and read all articles by SEOmoz or Yoast.

-Crista
post #7 of Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Oh and by the way, you can try Adwords for free, they will give you $100 free if you search for it.
post #8 of Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

I have called over 20 seo in my area and mist seo is around 350-1000 a month . I live in Charlotte Nc and being second fastest growing east coast city everything is so expensive . I will definitely look in to doing my own
post #9 of Old 05-05-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everclean View Post
I have called over 20 seo in my area and mist seo is around 350-1000 a month . I live in Charlotte Nc and being second fastest growing east coast city everything is so expensive . I will definitely look in to doing my own
You don't need the person doing the SEO to be in your city. With that said, almost anyone in SEO is going to charge a lot because there's a lot to know and they can make plenty of money doing their own thing if they choose.

SEO is probably the most difficult thing to out source for a business. There's a very high chance you'll get scammed and dragged around in the dirt and you won't even know it, and there's not a simple way to track performance immediately (which is where they get you)-- plus you have to have enough knowledge to know how to track it even then.

If you want to be in business these days it's almost a requirement that you become somewhat knowledgeable in SEO. At least enough to have a general understanding of what's going on and what you're paying for.
post #10 of Old 05-05-2013, 03:08 AM

@OP typically the majority of the traffic will go to the top 3 spots (you can find plenty of studies done on this with a quick Google search)-- with Google adding local blocks with map listings, some % of people really go for those over the organic listings, but even then it's still going to mostly get sucked into the top 4 or 5 listings. Then you have to consider that a significant % goes into paid listings. Being below the fold is only worth it in some cases. You just have to test it. No one can tell you in these smaller markets if what you'll pay to rank is going to show a return... a lot of it has to do with how much traffic actually makes it down to where you are and how good your website and/or sales pitch is at converting said traffic. You can use AdWords to immediately test how organic traffic will do in many cases by forcing your ad at different positions, but it's sometimes really inaccurate because obviously someone who will click an ad is in an entirely different mindset than someone who won't.

Last edited by AKUTA; 05-05-2013 at 03:11 AM.
post #11 of Old 05-05-2013, 05:29 PM

All great Information, I was wondering the same thing. I do my own as well, it is tedious work.Was wondering if it is worth all the work.

SuperSteem Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Stockbridge, GA 30281 (678)497-5404
Carpet Cleaning Atlanta
Carpet Cleaning Stockbridge GA
Atlanta Upholstery Cleaning
post #12 of Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 AM

Yes it really works to increase your online presences and visibility of your site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode