Domains for your business? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Domains for your business?

Just a quick question/survey for everyone.
How many domain names do you own for your business?

I own about 100 but I run a websites business in addition to my contracting business. But even for my contracting business I owned several.

Example:
If I was running a company named xyz cleaning I would buy...
xyzcleaning.com
xyzclean.com
xyzcleaner.com
xyzcleaners.com
All the above would point to one domain but just be in place in case a customer got mixed up and typed in the wrong domain.

In addition I would probably buy a few domains that where general in nature for promotions. Example, for my painting business I owned paintingwork.com which I used to hire new subs.

Does anyone else do this type of thing with their website or am I the only one?

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-30-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Also, here are some helpful tools when picking out a new domain name.

www.domainsbot.com - Great tool for finding the right domain name.
www.instantdomainsearch.com - Quick way to see what domains are open.

Good Luck!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #3 of Old 05-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

just one currently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-25-2016, 08:40 PM

Lightbulb 1 per site

I only get 1 domain per site in most cases. Unless the name is a high profile situation where getting alternate names are required to protect the clients business from competition might try to get a similar domain name to poach business. I am focusing on sites that will be seen in search engines for a specific set of terms. So my customers customers don't need to type a name in and I make sure they are seen for similar search word combination that the customer might use as well. An example would be of this would be allenhousecleaning.com which is currently climbing the search engine page for Google but already resides at the top of other search engines.
The advantage of not using multiple domains is cost savings that can be used to better position the site in the search engines allowing us to reach more customers.
post #5 of Old 05-26-2016, 04:46 AM

A good domain is very important for a small business. It is the first impression that a customer gets of your business. The domain for your small business is equivalent to your online brand. Before even viewing your website, your customer will judge your domain name. If it is too long and complicated, the customer will already be declined. This can happen if your domain name is very long, includes hyphens, abbreviations, homonyms or complex words that the average person is not used to seeing. On the other hand, if your domain name is short, simple and to the point, your customer will not judge it negatively and already be inclined to visit your small business website. Ensure that you don't lose any customers or potential ones in such an early stage by not having an adequate domain name to represent your small business.
post #6 of Old 05-26-2016, 12:17 PM

I agree Developer, but it is much more important to have the ranking in Google and other search engines for the key words people are Looking for you with. Just having a series of domain names does not get you any more ranking value.
post #7 of Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 AM

the best domain is the closest with your keyword. But the domain is close with your keyword is not bad. Customer will search with keywork around main keyword.
i suggest you choose all domain as you listed.

Last edited by hoabantrang; 06-20-2016 at 09:36 PM.
post #8 of Old 07-06-2016, 01:05 AM

I am focusing on sites that will be seen in search engines for a specific set of terms. So my customers customers don't need to type a name in and I make sure they are seen for similar search word combination that the customer might use as well. An example would be of this would be allenhousecleaning.com which is currently climbing the search engine page for Google but already resides at the top of other search engines.
post #9 of Old 07-19-2016, 01:07 AM

I'd go with xyzcleaning.com and save the money. I think you are the only one.

Kathleen Doyle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode