e-mail marketing - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

e-mail marketing

Is anyone here who has done e-mail marketing?
Please give me some advice on a good website or a good program for creating e-mails?

Thanks,

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Most don't do email marketing any more I don't think.
post #3 of Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM

E-mail Marketing

Pressure Cleaning has it wrong. More and more people are doing e-mail marketing and getting results too. It's all in how you do it. icontact.com is a good email marketing tool. Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 PM

I read somewhere the other day that email may be obsolete soon text and twitter are taking over.
post #5 of Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 AM
post #6 of Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 PM

I don't think email will be obsolete.

Email marketing has a low open rate. You should link it with your website. So when people ask for a quote or contact you through your website ask for an email. You email marketing programme should automatically download this email address to your database.

This way you can amrket your services back to this people in the future. I use mobilizemail in New Zealand.

I would also make sure that there is Share link on you email marketing programme template to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.

Also it should be a simple to use and the Template should have a banner same as website and links as website so keeps the strength of your branding.

The email programme shouls also be able to give you stats on every campaign etc. open rates, click throughs, unsubscribes etc.

Text or mobile marketing is new but with better open rates. (As we almost always check our inbox when we geta TXT/SMS message)

I used it recently but slow uptake here in NZ.

Go for email marketing - shouldn't cost more than NZD$30/month.
post #7 of Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 AM

Email marketing is the best way to increase the sale as well as to expand and the increase the popularity of the business in the pother countries very easily. E-mail marketing is highly cost effective marketing tool and if used properly, can catapult your sales to new levels.
post #8 of Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Junk mail sent gets delete.
post #9 of Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 PM

most email marketing doesn't work to well, most find it annoying.
just like most of us do when we get email, it gets deleted with out even being read.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #10 of Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM

post #11 of Old 12-27-2010, 02:02 PM

Yep that is a very good example of someone really hating spam mail..lol.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #12 of Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 PM

email marketing is something i'd like to get into. one day soon will put more time into it as if done right i believe the low cost of it will have a good return. only issue is you don't want to come across as a spammer
post #13 of Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 AM

I do email marketing but more of a newsletter type of thing. I have a newsletter sign up form on my website. I also always ask for a permision to be added to our emailing list in our online estimate forms. Its pretty neat. Even if a person doesn't choose us to clean their home, its nice to be able to remind them of us to use us in the future and thats what our newsletter does.

I send newsletters for specials, holidays, etc.
post #14 of Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 AM

Mailchimp and aweber are by far the best

Building my own weathervane and cupola
post #15 of Old 10-01-2011, 01:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mazharshah Send a message via Skype™ to mazharshah
HI ,

Email marketing is one of risky way of business and getting your customers. Through email marketing you can get alot of sucess and can increase the ratio of your sales. BUt you must have to be care full befor starting this way of marketing. If your mail once gone into junk or spam this is worst for your business..:(
post #16 of Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 AM

Email marketing is the best and effective way to online business. it is faster and reliable strategy to keep in touch with customers. its offer faster response as well offer target audience. it is one of the best method to boost the sales.
post #17 of Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 PM

I've done a fair bit in my time and I can say email marketing is one of the most cost effective ways of building relationships with your customers, but can backfire if done wrong.

The most important thing is that you have permission from the people you are sending to in the form of a subscribe button on your website, if they haven't given permission, they will likely see it as junk mail (and see you as 'that business that always sends us junkmail).

Another important point is not to spam your customers. Only send out emails when you have new information to communicate.

Make it as targeted as possible. Instead of sending the same email out to everyone, it's better to target specific market segments.

Keep them professional, content rich emails get much more hits than simple text ones, if you don't know how to create them yourself, use software like mailchimp or similar.

Good luck!
post #18 of Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM

Today Email marketing is the best way to increase the business on the Internet. When you send mail to the customer directly focus on the main topic. Use simple word. Never forget to call the end-user by his name.
post #19 of Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM

Now a days there are billions of users of internet and almost all have email accounts in different websites. So email marketing is the best way to increase your business and product sales. Email marketing is very effective. It gives instant result and feedback.
post #20 of Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
GSF

It's a complicated subject and there's plenty of laws surrounding it's use but for the best email marketing, try MailChimp.

You have to design the emails yourself but there's templates to help and it's actually quite easy! You can manage your distribution lists easily and they handle the "opt out" for you as well. Definitely recommended.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode