Google Voice is FREE and replaced my company's cell phone - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-08-2013, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Google Voice is FREE and replaced my company's cell phone

I personally use Google Voice.

They assign you a FREE local number and you are able to make and receive FREE unlimited local calls in the US and Canada.

Voicemail messages are transcribed, and stored for you on your google voice account. You can get alerts to your gmail account when new voicemails arrive. You can customize multiple voicemail greetings.

I use GV on my laptop with a bluetooth device. It is easier to type as I speak with my customers on the bluetooth. I set up GV to ring my gmail account, instead of my cell phone, and answer via gmail. You can block as many numbers as you want.

It eliminates reception worries on your end since it is internet based. Also, you can download the GV app on your phone, and make calls using your GV number.

Also, free unlimited text messages are included. You can check your voicemail and text messages on your app if you are on the go.

Voicemail messages can also be downloaded and saved. You can utilize your contacts list in Gmail on GV.

When I started my company, I used a separate cell phone as my company phone, but with GV, it is more efficient and best of all, is FREE.
Gmail is definitely the best email service to use.

You can also port in your cell phone number (if using one as your company number) to GV for like $10. That is what I did in order to avoid using a new number, and keep the number I was using for my company.

Last edited by GH07; 03-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM

I use GVjackapp as well...great little app. For those using magicjack switch to GVjackapp, the call quality is way better and on par with a normal phone landline. Haven't had a single dropped call yet or reception issue....can't say the same for magicjack.
post #3 of Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMaids View Post
I use GVjackapp as well...great little app. For those using magicjack switch to GVjackapp, the call quality is way better and on par with a normal phone landline. Haven't had a single dropped call yet or reception issue....can't say the same for magicjack.

Never heard of GVjackapp, but sounds interesting, considering you can actually hook up a real phone to receive and make calls via GV. I currently make and receive calls via gmail using my GV connected via bluetooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH07 View Post
Never heard of GVjackapp, but sounds interesting, considering you can actually hook up a real phone to receive and make calls via GV. I currently make and receive calls via gmail using my GV connected via bluetooth.
Oh...when you said GV I assumed you meant GVjackapp...my apologies. GVjackapp uses the magicjack hardware, but provides better quality calls then magicjack using google voice.
post #5 of Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 AM

We've been using Google Voice since our inception. It has worked out really well, but on occasion we'll get a vm without the phone ever ringing.

Maids a la Mode
post #6 of Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 PM

Interesting

I am going to look into this. Using the cell phone as my business line is not really efficient. The problem is can I transport my number.

SuperSteem Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Stockbridge, GA 30281 (678)497-5404
Carpet Cleaning Atlanta
Carpet Cleaning Stockbridge GA
Atlanta Upholstery Cleaning
post #7 of Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM

We have been using Magicjack for 2 years now. They have an iphone and ipad app. It costs $20 a year.

-Crista
post #8 of Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 AM

GV

I've just got a GV number and its worked for me, so far...
post #9 of Old 03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Registered

Google Voice is FREE and replaced my company's cell phone

I am using the Google voice free to make the calls.For that i have to login to Google voice and i can make calls to USA.so its very painfull to replace the google voice.

Thanks

SIM Free HUAWEI Mobile
post #10 of Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM

It has come in handy many times. When I want to see how a different kind of advertisement is doing I get a different google number and direct it to another one of our phones. that way when it rings, I know where it came from. Google Voice has been around for many years.

And if you need more than 1 number for a specific phone you can go to phone.com. They have the best price points for simple things.

You really wouldn't believe the number of businesses that you call and it is actually a google number.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode