Honest feedback - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-16-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Honest feedback

Would like to get some honest feedback on my website...

goodworkscleaning.com

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-18-2015, 12:51 PM

What about licensed and insured?

References available upon request?

Plus I would talk specifically about the owners-names,experience.

The additional services area needs to be completed-if you are not ready to finish it now maybe delete those categories for a different time.

I would put the phone number in the same color as the headline or move it under the headline as your eye is not attracted to the lighter color,but rather the darker.

The overall colors are nice,structure good, easy to get around.
Plus your services seem pretty consistent.

Matching Facebook page? good idea and you could target market in your area

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #3 of Old 10-18-2015, 03:58 PM

My personal opinion if I was looking for your services and I went to your site.... I ALWAYS leave a site as soon as I see they use stock pictures. I hate them and many others hate them. Not to mention they do not make Google happy. Google might not hold it against you but it is not a plus for your website.

Not a fan at all of the blue color for a website. We are talking about buying a vintage car of that color so it is a great color... just not for a website. The blue on THIS website (Cleaning Talk) is the best color you can use for the human brain.

I didn't read any words because personally if I see those stock pictures and that color I leave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-18-2015, 08:29 PM

Hours later..... lol.... oh yeah, I don't think your home page is a landing page. You have no call to action button to enter your site. You will never rank well on google without it being a landing page.

We were on our walk and I happen to think, oh yeah, I forgot to say something about the landing page.

I went back and checked it out again..... If you aren't going to build one the correct way you should hire someone that at least knows 1% about SEO. You don't have anything correct in the footer and you have 2023. Your site will be useless to Google. And you might even urinate them off and get black balled.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 10-18-2015 at 08:33 PM.
post #5 of Old 10-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Goodworks
I commend you for putting up a website. You might want to consider putting up a Blog Page or News page on your site and adding fresh content to this page 2-4x a month. Consider turning the cities you serve into their own webpages and also consider making Additional Services page link to a separate service page such as Window Cleaning as it's own page, include a photo of you cleaning a window or show you standing with your equipment and adding a customer comment to each service page. Brad BD Janitorial
Here is aa link to a FREE Landing page course/tutorial http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-101-intro/
post #6 of Old 10-19-2015, 02:04 PM

Number one-google will not penalize you for using stock photos...absolutely not!

Blue is an excellent choice for cleaning company colors
Blue and yellow,blue and oranges,blue and different shades of blue

I did look up some keywords for you...there are not any goods ones that I could find quickly.

THe best one,and it's not so good was 'carpet cleaning fayetteville nc'
it had a total monthly search of 590

It WAY beat out house cleaning fayetteville nc at 110
and cleaning service fayetteville nc at 70.

So, what I would do is use the better keyword as it will at least draw some attention to your site.

A nice amount of searches each month is a minimum of 1000 and up to around 4500. Alot more and it's too much competition ,less means there is not enough traffic,but then again you must go with what you are able to find. Just always use the best ones and then taper down from there.

NOTE: with photos, do not just load the photo onto the site.
What you want to do is name the photo your best keyword

For example: lets say you have a photo of office cleaners and you just plunk it in there and it's stored in the backend of your computer as cleaning photo number 10 or something.

Instead name it : carpet cleaning fayetteville nc

Why,because this is what googles search engines pick up on.

As well.DO NOT KEYWORD STUFF

Use the keyword in the title of the article, again on the first line of the article that you write and maybe ONE MORE TIME in the article. Anything more than say 4 is keyword stuffing and this is the sort of thing that gets you penalized.
(this is per article)
Your photo choices have zero to do with penalties.

Keep on looking for the best keywords you can find-takes a bit of word play,but you will find something you can use.Google keyword has a free tool.

I still think the facebook target ads are very good and super cheap.I use them for various sites and it's what provides the traffic to my sites.
post #7 of Old 10-19-2015, 04:24 PM

I know nothing.... just because I took an appliance website to #1 in EVERY key word for the entire area. And just because I took 3 mowing sites to the 1st page of google within 6 months. I took a cleaning site to the 4th page but didn't ever do anything more because of loss of interest. So I know nothing.

By the way Lorster, who at Google told you absolutely not? Who ever that was you should sit down with them and get them to tell you the truth. Just because it isn't widely known doesn't make it fact. Send me the names of your people at Google and I'll get my guy to talk to them.

Oh wait..... you WAS correct Lorster, until 2015. We aren't living in 2014 anymore.
post #8 of Old 10-19-2015, 05:35 PM

But speaking of 2014, because I haven't asked in several months because I haven't done any SEO. But in 2014 how did someone get their phone number to the first page of Google witihin 24 hours Lorster? it might still work but like I said, I haven't needed to do it lately. You are the professional and you are the one selling information so you need to be giving your people this information. Don't be like most of those other sites that leads them 1/2 way and doesn't give them the inside scoop to make them better than the rest.
post #9 of Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the responses... What is the issue with the footer? Is it something I did or didn't do? Thanks again!!
post #10 of Old 10-24-2015, 08:04 PM

In a hurry but.... look up what you are suppose to have in a footer on a website. It's just missing a few things.
post #11 of Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM

looks like your site is currently down. Will try again later.
post #12 of Old 05-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Registered

will try again later
post #13 of Old 05-26-2016, 03:57 AM

Most of us have been in situations where someone needs to give some honest feedback, but no one is willing to say anything critical. We’ve also been the ones in need of receiving those difficult words, even if we didn’t know it because no one came forward to speak. These situations can become more and more awkward the longer they go on, and often the truth is eventually spewed out in frustrated, angry words.
Instead of living in fear of these difficult situations, decide to be honest and authentic, and invite those around you to hold to the same high standards. It might seem impossible to actually get the real feedback you want and to give it to others, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some thoughts as you pursue this goal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode