I need a website!!! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By profcleaning

post #1 of Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

I need a website!!!

I have built websites in the past using wix.com. What do you guys use to build your cleaning websites? Anything more user friendly then Wix out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

bumpppp
post #3 of Old 03-14-2017, 02:42 PM

Website Building

There is a web hosting & web builder service SquareSpace.com + GoDaddy has a similar service as well.
If you want a more hands on type of site then look at wordpress which is a platform that is added to a website hosting service like bluehost, fatcow and many others.
wordpress lets you add a theme (free or paid for) and the theme is used to build a website. Generally speaking.
Below is a link to a youtube video on building a website using the Avada Theme. this will give you an idea on building a website using Wordpress & the Avada Theme.

The video is long but FastForward to see different aspects.
Your website hosting company bluehost.fatcow may help you to upload the wordpress program to your hosting account, ASK the hosting company what they will help you with as far as uploading wordpress to your hosting account, adding a theme etc.
P.S. Using wordpress &* a theme, there isn't a lot of How to's, or manuals, or tutorials--so consider this if you decide to go this route.
Brad BD Janitorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmsE_eqnCwQ

Last edited by bdjanitorial; 03-14-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-14-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

thanks!

Great info! I actually went with Wix! Check it out below, let me know what you think.

attentiontodetailcleaning . com
post #5 of Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 AM

I use Godaddy because if something goes wrong they always fix it,and if you call they are always there.I used hostgator one time and it was awful.You never
could get anyone and the calls went to voicemail.
Curtis Chosen likes this.
post #6 of Old 03-16-2017, 05:02 AM

Great information thank you............
post #7 of Old 04-29-2017, 03:30 AM

I used a shared hosting plan from BlueHost and register all of my domains at NameCheap. I load WordPress onto all of them and I use a theme and plug in called 'profitbuilder'.
All of the above (except WordPress) have countless competing products/services and if you venture down that 'rabbit hole' you might be there quite a while.

It really is simple, but things don't just happen overnight and in today's marketing world it seems everyone is promising instant results. It really can make it confusing.
Basically, if you are going to do your own website, I'd suggest getting a domain name and a hosting account then load WordPress and find a good theme you like (there are so many free ones) and then start watching youtube videos for the parts you get stuck on.

If you have the time, there really is almost no need to pay for anyone to build a website... unless you don't have the time or patience- or like me... poor with artwork---> then getting a provider to build a website might be the way.

The final piece is once you get into that realm, be aware that you will have no shortage of offers to help you along the way (for a fee of course...).
Just be careful, the SEO guys are vultures sitting on the virtual fence and see when new domains are registered and will pelt your email address with logo design, web design, and SEO offers multiple times a day. (I just mark them spam and move on, never respond... it seems to encourage them to email more because some guru said it takes at least 7 emails to get someone to buy so...)

Another idea is to search around competing company websites. Doesn't have to be a Carpet Cleaning or Cleaning business. Maybe a contractor or even a dentist, lawyer, or doctor website. If you find one you like, many times they paid someone to do it for them and you can scroll to the bottom of the page and see if the designer's credits/link are there. Contact them/look at their website and see if they are a fit to you.

Smart cleaners clean and let promoters promote. I promote, check out how I do it here.
post #8 of Old 04-30-2017, 04:59 PM

Hey Everyone,
Paul here -

There are so many platforms to use for building a website.

The easiest one I have found is Weebly.com

Fast and Simple and with quality relevant content you can build a great site.

I have built out carpet cleaning sites and have ranked them to dominate in their local market.

If you need a hand let me know.

Thanks
PAUL

Here's a screen capture of the carpet cleaning site I have built out, ranked organically and now dominating in the market.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.57.30 PM.jpg (95.0 KB, 2 views)
post #9 of Old 08-31-2017, 03:44 PM

Best Platform for building a cleaning site

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertC2020 View Post
I have built websites in the past using wix.com. What do you guys use to build your cleaning websites? Anything more user friendly then Wix out there?
So many different ways you can go. But, I've found that I prefer Wordpress.
1) Easy
2) Great SEO performance
3) Stable
4) Cheap to host

I also have a favorite Wordpress theme: Virtue by Kadence Themes. Excellent and very easy to come up with solid look & feel without getting stuck in a theme that is not flexible. It comes with a 'page builder' that is super fast to learn and gives you the ability to layout your pages very fast.

That being said, I don't like too flashy of a site. I like a site that is very 'utility' and concentrates on getting the reader to pick up the phone and CALL. Here is a sample site using Wordpress + Virtue theme: Its my buddy's Denver Hood Cleaning company.

How do you measure the success of a website? Well, the only real way, in service businesses like ours, is how often do the potential clients pick up the phone and CALL. When we modified our site, we went from getting 2-3 phone calls a month (off the website) to 120+ calls per month.
post #10 of Old 09-01-2017, 06:14 AM

You can try WordPress and Weebly. Tumblr is easy to use though. Those are great websites. Good luck on your website!

Mike’s on the Spot Carpet Cleaning is a locally owned and operated business that the residents have come to trust and rely on. We provide carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, woven rug cleaning, oriental rug cleaning, marble cleaning, concrete cleaning, decorative stone cleaning, auto, RV & marine interior cleaning services throughout greater Prescott Valley AZ and surrounding regions.
post #11 of Old 11-07-2017, 06:02 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode