I want to start a website for an office cleaning business, but... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I want to start a website for an office cleaning business, but...

I have no idea where to start... I've seen alot you people's websites on here and many of them look amazing. I'm no computer/internet expert, but I am savvy. I just need to know where to start.

When I try and google the information all I come up with are websites trying to sell me an ebook on how to build a website.

What are the steps I need to take?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-28-2011, 01:03 AM

you have a few choices - do it yourself or hire a professional.
If you want to do it yourself you can use wordpress or joomla. Just download some free book, read it and practice till you get a satisfactory result.
If you don't have time for studying you should use a professional. In order to save money go to the websites www.freelancer.com or elance.com
You can post your requirements there and people from all over the world will place their bids and then you can choose your provider. For my websites I used a guy from Russia, who has done a great job for me for very reasonable pricing. If you want his contact info, just PM me.
If you decide to use one of the websites that I mentioned to find a provider, first you need to decide what you want your website to look like so you can post a detailed project description.
So, take a look at many cleaning websites, note which ones your like and which ones you don't, decide how many pages you will need, who will write a content for them (you or a professional writer). Who will supply the pictures, you or a webmaster?
After you do a research and have an idea about how you want your website to look you can start making it on your own or outsource this job to somebody else.
post #3 of Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Try wix.com (hope its OK to post this link)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Well to make a portofolio website about your service , you don't need to learn any E-book at all.

- First you'll need to purchase webhosting & your professional domain name
domain name is like www.youroffice.com

Don't go for free one , that's make you not professional . because your domain name will looks like this http://myoffice.freeweb.com

There are many proffesional & cheap hosting service company . here is
some comparison info about them

Choosing Best & Cheap hosting company

Then the second one is to fill your website with content . The best thing is
you don't need to code at all . There is some easy drag and drop site builder You just need to fill it with content , picture , article .

third you'll need an email account for your contact us page.
once again there will be setup on your Hosting control panel to make your email account eg : [email protected]

forth is to market your website . Many hosting company will provide with google ads , fb ads , yahoo ads credit when you purchase their hosting. just use it to market your website

Ok first let do the first task first Choosing Best & Cheap hosting company
post #5 of Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Quite your spamming "yeahcoolz". If you don't have anything to offer, get ta gettin.

Epbiz83, I would offer the services of the guy who built my website, but I don't know what your budget is. Personally, I only paid about $500 to have my website built.... and then spent about 2 months working on it to make it just the way I wanted it, with plenty of SEO built in. There are several options for a free website though. Webstarts is a good example, though I never got around to fully learning the interface (mainly because I said "the hell with it" and had it professionally built). I would however, strongly recommend that you have it built on a WordPress platform. At least that way, you could customize it the way you want it. For me, having 100% control of my website was paramount. I need to be able to drop pics and videos into my website on the fly. I can do that with a WordPress website. There are plenty of other options. That is just my preference.
post #6 of Old 01-29-2011, 04:54 AM

pay someone to do it. you're trying to do something that people spend years learning. you're running a cleaning company get on with running it, and let the people who know what they're doing do it. i imagine you aren't next going to ask how to build a car but instead just buy one from the pro's? it's the same thing.
post #7 of Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM

I agree with Ultrabrite. Wordpress is the easiest and the choice of free templates is quite amazing.

You can do this yourself quite easily.

1. Register a domain name
2. Get a web host that has Fantastico which lets you load the wordpress platform and link it to your domain name...takes only a few minutes.
3. Find a theme on wordpress for your site
4. Put the content in, upload a few images and then publish

It's really easy and doesn't cost anything except for the hosting and the registration of your domain name. What you end up with is a simple yet very effective website and you have total control over it. You can customize and add to it as you go and get better at doing it.

Worpress is also a good platform to use as far as SEO goes because Google loves Wordpress.

Hope this helps but as with anything, a little research and practice anyone can have a professional looking website and not pay a fortune for it.
post #8 of Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM

One thing I "can" tell ya is when registering your domain (if you buy one), make sure that the domain is registered to you and not the guy/gal building your website. I got burned this way a year or so ago while I was trying to get something else started. When I got tired of screwin around with the so called web designer and tried to move my domain, I couldn't cuz they had registered it "for me" in their name.

Do the registration yourself unless you really trust the designer if you hire one.
post #9 of Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 AM

Very good advise from Ranger. Also, when choosing the domain name make sure that you get the one that is keyword rich. It will make your future SEO much easier.
This is what I mean. I own alphacleaningcompany.com and commercialofficecleaning.net
alphacleaningcompany.com has only one keyword in the name - cleaning
commercialofficecleaning.net is keyword rich, it has all the necessary words - commercial, office, cleaning
alphacleaningcompany.com is 1 year old and has more inbound links while commercialofficecleaning.net is about 6-7 month old and has less inbound links.
But because commercialofficecleaning.net is keyword rich, it outperforms alphacleaningcompany.com in most cases, even though it is younger and has less inbound links.
post #10 of Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Joomla or Wordpress is the best and is free just get a cheap php hosting and you are set. Joomla does takes sometime to learn the ins and outs but it is a very flexible system.
post #11 of Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM

also agree with wordpress. not only is it easy to learn but it's really easy to make SEO friendly.

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #12 of Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM

i suppose another decent thin about wordpress which i hadn't considered before is that you can then add the blog facility to it if you wish to expand from just a plain cleaning website to one with regularly updated articles like on my cleaning website blog
post #13 of Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM

there's a semi third option in this "hire a professional" or "do it yourself" debate. that's hire a guy who will construct you a starter site for around $100. that will get you a couple pages, couple photos and if the person knows what they are doing your title, h1 & h2 tags will be keyword targeted and you'll be off to a good start that you can edit and add on to as you learn more.

i also do this sort of thing for people as a side business, so if you want a cheap start that you can add on to as you learn shoot me a pm

if it's available buy the domain "officecleaning-yourcity-" in either .com, .net or .org

at the moment my favorite hosting company is www.hostmonster.com they use cpannel and have a really cheap unlimited plan

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area

Last edited by Racebum; 04-13-2011 at 05:39 PM.
post #14 of Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM

Wordpress is a quick FREE way to setup a web presence

Go here for an example

http://dallasjanitorialservices.word...aning-service/
post #15 of Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM

post #16 of Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Office cleaning business

Best regards.

Last edited by hamburg113; 05-04-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Update
post #17 of Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebum View Post
there's a semi third option in this "hire a professional" or "do it yourself" debate. that's hire a guy who will construct you a starter site for around $100. that will get you a couple pages, couple photos and if the person knows what they are doing your title, h1 & h2 tags will be keyword targeted and you'll be off to a good start that you can edit and add on to as you learn more.

i also do this sort of thing for people as a side business, so if you want a cheap start that you can add on to as you learn shoot me a pm

if it's available buy the domain "officecleaning-yourcity-" in either .com, .net or .org

at the moment my favorite hosting company is www.hostmonster.com they use cpannel and have a really cheap unlimited plan
100 USD ? you gotta be kidding me . better just drop it or start reading about it yourself

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #18 of Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM

wow

Between posts that kinda look like spam to a cuple that make no sense ima gittin a hedache
post #19 of Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 AM

Wordpress is the best way , if you want to do it your self . Wordpress is very easy to use .
post #20 of Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbiz83 View Post
I have no idea where to start... I've seen alot you people's websites on here and many of them look amazing. I'm no computer/internet expert, but I am savvy. I just need to know where to start.

When I try and google the information all I come up with are websites trying to sell me an ebook on how to build a website.

What are the steps I need to take?

Thanks
A Cleaner Business specializes in providing cleaning businesses and with an affordable professionally built website, for a low monthly cost. With SEO built in along with advance features and functionality, your business can see in increase in customers and not pay all those expensive development costs.

A Cleaner Business is your online marketing solution!

Last edited by acleanerbusiness; 01-15-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode