Link with me & BOOST your spot on GOOGLE's search engine - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Link with me & BOOST your spot on GOOGLE's search engine

One thing I've studied lately about SEO (search engine optimization) is that if you can exchange links with related business that it will greatly help with your rankings. It's not that my cleaning services website (http://www.gpmenterprises.com) based out of Toronto, Ontario will give you direct business through links on the other side of North America - it's about the background bots & spdyers indexing your web pages by Google seeing that our sites linked to related content. Google likes that and rewards websites well for it by placing them higher in the search ranks. This translates into more website hits.

Related content is key (i.e. gutter cleaning service page) and wherever you are in North America the only results are positive for your web rankings. I'm the webmaster and the owner is my good friend. So have a look at the site: (http://www.gpmenterprises.com) and let me know if you're interested. Email: [email protected]

We're looking for linking to websites that do the following:

Eaves Cleaning
Window Cleaning
Eaves Repair
Snow Removal
Lawn Care
Pressure Washing
Christmas Lights Installation

I'm only interested in professional people in the same industry and this is WIN/WIN for everyone

Last edited by soma56; 10-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM

post #3 of Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Little Response

I'm surprised that I only received three responses for window cleaning link exchanges. I've shown a little faith and placed links to people that contacted me here with their websites under 'Professional Affiliates' at the bottom of my window cleaning page (found here

http://www.gpmenterprises.com/window_cleaning.html

I'm crossing my fingers that they will do the same. If anyone else happens to be interested please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 AM

Many webmaster telling and i reading since years link exchange not good for website is it not true ??
post #5 of Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 AM

links exchange is good but it becoming less important in ranking at google. it is more effective to get one way links, meaning you link to my site and i link to your site but from another site, it is like a 3 websites links.
post #6 of Old 11-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bed bugs View Post
links exchange is good but it becoming less important in ranking at google. it is more effective to get one way links, meaning you link to my site and i link to your site but from another site, it is like a 3 websites links.
Hey I don't think they like the round robin thing...
1 way is best, but recip is ok...the most important thing is LIKE page content!!

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Air Duct Cleaning Austin
post #7 of Old 12-18-2009, 01:50 PM

i wrote this in another thread, but it's highly important you see this as it is your website you're ruining doing false link swaps.

Quote:
No Such Guarantee – Swapping links doesn’t guarantee any form of search engine high ranking. In fact, search engines may often seek to devalue link exchanges. One way in which Google has tried to do this is to devalue pages named “links” (ie, domain.com/links). To avoid this webmasters have renamed their link exchange pages to Resource or web resource or something similar like these.
SOURCE

also more if needed - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...is+bad&spell=1

Last edited by imadam; 12-18-2009 at 02:49 PM.
post #8 of Old 12-18-2009, 02:37 PM

LOL what is wrong with you???

This is from the SAME page you quoter, you only took out the part that you liked and ignored the rest???

http://vizmarketing.wordpress.com/20...e-good-or-bad/

And now some Benefits , as each coin has two sides similarly Link exchange has also got the beneficial part which is why it is a technique opted by almost every webmaster on their sites. Therefore the Benefits of doing Link Exchange are:-
Economic – While comparing it with Pay Per Click Model on Search Engines, Link Exchange is much cheaper source to get web traffic. It costs you nothing except the time to submit your URL and website details.
SERP Enhancement – Inbound links to your site counts as vote to your site, so search engine results tend to improve in impressive manner for sites that implement good link exchange practices.
Reliability and Stability – Reciprocal Links continue to give persistent traffic to your site as long as they exist.Thses links from your partner sites are really stable. In this overall process, sure you will lose some incoming or inbound links to your sites over time but they tend to stay indefinitely, providing you the traffic day after week after month after year.
Popularity - Swapping links between similar websites is the one of the very best way to engage in website promotion without spamming.
Brand Building – More links to your website means greater brand affect for your website. At least, it makes the surfer think that your site name seems to be appearing everywhere.
Outbound links doesn’t mean web traffic drain – A well-designed links page opens all of the outbound links in a new browser tab or window, leaving your site open on the user’s machine.
Asset to your website - A few bricks don’t amount to much but by piling them up you can get a rock solid structure. Similarly reciprocal links can also enhance the equity value of your website. These are like assets to your website.
Affordable - The traffic that comes from established networks is free but, earning those links is not. It takes time to build your network. But, once established will provide you all the above stated benefits. We hope this helps you consider the advantages and disadvantages of Link Building and Link Exchange so you can decide if it is right for you.

Austin Air Duct Cleaning
post #9 of Old 12-18-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAustin View Post
LOL what is wrong with you???

This is from the SAME page you quoter, you only took out the part that you liked and ignored the rest???
i only took the part needed, as thats what was relevent. why quote a huge wall of text when one paragraph explains my point? i don't see why i'd need to do that.

the bit you quoted bascially says you will get traffic from the person linking to you site, not search enginges, but then when you consider the bit i quoted, is it worth the risk?

just because i quoted a tiny bit doesn't make it untrue, people are seeing link exchange beenfits, i listed a huge negative and will continue to do so. people are running a huge risk link exchanging with untrust worthy sites, and i know this so feel it's only fair to help people in making the right decision
post #10 of Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 PM

So just to be sure I have been looking around, and I can not find anyone that says reciprocal links are "bad", there are definitely better links, but unless you are linking to a banned site, I still think it helps...

Carpet Cleaning Austin
post #11 of Old 12-27-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I still think it helps...
you think it helps? yet claim to be an expert. links gives weight as google see it as a sign of trust for the website, but exchanging between each other only to boost serps, where is the trust? there isn't any so google give it no weight. tell me why google think links are good, and tell me how link exchanges are what google want? seriously you claim to be an expert then make amatuer mistakes.

you gain nothing, but stand to lose a lot from the risk. if you can't find how google link exchanges are bad then your googling sucks tbh. i found it in a few seconds
post #12 of Old 07-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadam View Post
you think it helps? yet claim to be an expert. links gives weight as google see it as a sign of trust for the website, but exchanging between each other only to boost serps, where is the trust? there isn't any so google give it no weight. tell me why google think links are good, and tell me how link exchanges are what google want? seriously you claim to be an expert then make amatuer mistakes.

you gain nothing, but stand to lose a lot from the risk. if you can't find how google link exchanges are bad then your googling sucks tbh. i found it in a few seconds
No offense, but you think that link exchange DON"T help???
If you really think that......why you have that links in your signature???
For what I know, nobody in this forum need cleaning services.

Yet claim to be an expert too (I'm doing SEO for almost 12 years), but link exchange give weight to your site, but...............you need to have good content and the links places in other "related websites".

One thing is sure link exchange DON"T HURT.
post #13 of Old 07-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Hey, that guy is a tool, his site barely ranks on ANY key words...
Hit me if you wanna trade links

Duraclean Austin
1811 W Ben White Blvd
Austin TX 78745
(512) 442 5326
post #14 of Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Hey, that guy is a tool, his site barely ranks on ANY key words...
Hit me if you wanna trade links

Duraclean Austin
1811 W Ben White Blvd
Austin TX 78745
(512) 442 5326
Sure, I sent you an email.
Regards
post #15 of Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 PM

The bottom line is this re this issue. Link exchanges can be good. You just need the site you are linking to to be relevant, not blacklisted or marked as inappropriate etc by anyone. Try and get high pr sites to do link exchanges with if possible. Keep away from 'link farms' no matter what they change their names to as some have done in last last couple of years or so.

One way, two way or even three way links can benefit your site provided you keep those few things in mind. It's not rocket science...it's just seo.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode