New blog! Any feedback would be lovely - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Smile New blog! Any feedback would be lovely

We've just launched our new company blog.

The Merton Group blog is now up and running. It's still in the developmental stages (not finished yet) so you'll have to excuse the rough edges. We're developing a new interface so I'll keep you all posted when the new shiny look is launched.

I need help though and you all are just the right people for the job.

If you could take a look I would really appriciate it. Whats missing? What would you take out? What subjects would you like to find out about. Any thing really to make this blog as helpful as possible.

Merton Group blog

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/NACH%7E1.MER/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 PM

I think its missing the mark on what a blog is. Its more of a me-me-me press release page. That is boring to potential clients. A cleaning blog should be filled with tips, anecdotes and things that ordinary people find interesting. As you blogging you can put occasional links to your website and other helpful sites.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks,

I'm learning as I go with this one so any comment is much appriciated. It's hard to remove my marketing hat at times and that can come across as a little bit full on in the selling aspect.

It's a new project and I'm sure it will get better over the next weeks and months. I'm looking to put together some well researched articles to post up that may be useful. If there is anything you want to find out more on then please let me know and I can go out and look it up.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM

whats missing, a unique design :( it's too obvious that you're using a standard template, which isn't unique to what you're about. i find it also very messy, as great as the 2 colour title links are, they're not found on other sites for a good reason. i like that you remove the nofollow from links in comments author tag as this promotes comments, however on my laptop screen writing comments is hard as it's all very bright and i can't see the box, and struggle to read the text. of course different each screen but you have to consider i could be in the majority. hope this helps
post #5 of Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM

picture text, picture text, entertain us with cool pics and we will read just about anything. Have you seen the episode of South Park where they try to do a news show and they can't compete with silly animal pictures that a classmate shows? Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode