Online appointment scheduling services - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Online appointment scheduling services

Have any of you used an online appointment scheduling service like Appointment Quest?

I like that clients can schedule appointments online (and can also pay online). It seems like it would take the human error potential out of scheduling, and allow me more time for cleaning and other things I need to work on.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM

I run a residential cleaning business and always used Google Calendar and love it. I am able to schedule cleanings on a daily, every 1,2,3 or 4 weeks, every month or couple months and I can set up for it to email or SMS reminders to my customers.

What I like even more is the fact that I am able to manage a lot of things on my phone. I own an Android (Google Phone) so I am able to view or add things on my google calendar from my phone when away from the office and it updates instantly. Yes I pay $20 extra for internet a month but so well worth it. I love to be able to forward the phone to my cell phone when away and still be able to access calendar and everything else I need to run the business remotely.
post #3 of Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

I didn't know that Google has a Calendar feature. Can your clients access it themselves?

Appointment Quest is NOT expensive at all - it is under $7 per month for the most simple plan. I'm going to use their free trial and see how I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Yes youc an set it up to where the clients have access to make changes. Although I don't have that feature enabled it is there.

I simply have them email me if they need any changes I update it. Google calendar asks me to notify the attendees of the changes which I do. And I can set up how often I'd like the customer to get an email reminder of their appt.

By the way google calendar is free.
post #5 of Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

I ended up going with Genbook and love it so far.
post #6 of Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 AM

There is a lot of competition on the field of online scheduling. I have tried Genbook and Schedulicty so far but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that they on one hand look good but on the other, they treat the customer as floor cloth.
I am currently using the trial version of Bookappo. They look like a smaller company but so far so good.

http://www.bookappo.com/

Last edited by G.Howl; 03-20-2012 at 04:00 AM.
post #7 of Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM

I use Google calendar as well it is very convenient, the only issue that arises is the travel time between two clients, but that still saves me some trouble.

Thomas Cholewik
Busy Bee Cleaning Service
www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #8 of Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM

What if you run a cleaning service with multiple employees?

That has been my problem since we started, finding the easiest way to schedule two girls to go to one house when two other girls have to be at a different house at the same time.

----------------------------
post #9 of Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 AM

There are plenty of great free scheduleing programs online but I just stick to the good old paper diary.
post #10 of Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Hi All,

We have tried a few different methods:
- Good old paper based (easy to get messy and un-organised)
- Google docs (spreadsheet) + google calendar

Currently I'm going down the path of building a custom Microsoft Access Database. Something simple that incorporates:
- Database of past customers, and all jobs we have done for them
- Scheduling functionality and the ability to automatically email job details for the week to my staff / contractors electronically
- Automated capture of email quote request details
- Simple P&L, Cashflow etc.

Definitely a work in progress, but I would be happy to share the details as it comes along!
post #11 of Old 08-06-2014, 11:31 AM

I use BookMyCity for online appointment booking. It does save me time, and relieves some of the stress of missing appointment-related calls while I'm out/working. It also stores client info and booking/revenue stats automatically, which makes my life a lot easier. I'm pretty happy with it so far!
post #12 of Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 AM

There are many options for online scheduling systems. Many of the paid programs are more robust than Google Calendar and they tend to take out human error, as Pristine Pixie mentioned. We actually just finished our own Customer Web Portal.

Robert Banks
www.thoughtfulsystems.com
800-759-2532
post #14 of Old 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM

GCal is a good program, and I use it myself (if it's not in my Gcal, it doesn't happen, period). That said, it can't accept payments and can't update clients on how a project is going unless you type all that in yourself and update constantly. For more advanced functionality you might want to look at some of the bigger admin programs like (yes) Mhelpdesk, which gives your customers their own portal, an online and app-based payment option, and even digital signatures via tablet so they can authorize and sign change orders on the fly. There's a free two-week trial right now, too http://mhelpdesk.com/tour/
post #15 of Old 09-06-2014, 02:59 PM
post #16 of Old 10-10-2014, 01:47 AM

I would highly recommend getting a custom software built. DM if youd like to hear my experience with this.
post #17 of Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 PM

I am trying out insightly, but can't figure out how to simply set client email reminders? I will look into the others. I just need something super simple!
post #18 of Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 AM

Google Calendar I believe is the best there is for free softwares and it's pretty easy to manage as well. I've been using it from it's release and have never tried anything else ever since. I just stick to what works I guess.

__________________________________________________ _________________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Visit our partner's online wholesale shop and enjoy massive discounts on supplies!
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #19 of Old 01-13-2015, 10:51 PM

I'm a little confused. This type of thing would never work for my business because we don't conduct business this way but just so others that might do business this way and may also be confused will know... does google calendar work like insightly? By that, I mean can I go to your website right now and schedule my appointment through google calendar without contacting you directly? Because I think this is what the original poster was talking about.

I'm not sure but insightly might also offer a way to pay as soon as you set your appointment.... I would guess that it does...??
post #20 of Old 02-11-2015, 09:09 PM

Like firstratecarpets said, I think something customized to your business is where its at. I ran across maidsuite.com and they offer a 14-day trial if you want to try it out. They will customize their product to your company which is very nice. Otherwise you are hiring people to build something from the ground up, which is really expensive and not nearly as thorough as something existing that is customized. The way they approach scheduling is unique and the site is pretty easy to use and modern. I really like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode