Phone Service - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-04-2006, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Phone Service

Haven't seen this posted yet or I am just blind. What is everyone using for phone service? Standard phone service or other. Or phone through cable, or even satellite? I see the cable company offering phone service cheaper than our SBC and was wondering if it was better or not.

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ott View Post
Haven't seen this posted yet or I am just blind. What is everyone using for phone service? Standard phone service or other. Or phone through cable, or even satellite? I see the cable company offering phone service cheaper than our SBC and was wondering if it was better or not.
Bellsouth at home, Cingular for the cell/business phone.

Mike Williamson
North Florida Pressure Washing

Gainesville, FL
352-213-7765

www.northfloridapressurewashing.com
[email protected]
post #3 of Old 07-05-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

I tried that business line cell phone thing with Nextel. If that was my only line without the landline I don't know what my customers would think. As much as my Nextel would drop calls, and as much as that phone bounced off the dash of the trucks after some help from me every time it cut out.

I was wondering also if there where other options like cable or satellite. Oh wait satellite Hmmm Every time a bird would fly by the satellite would go out. So OK what about cable/Phone?

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-05-2006, 07:21 AM

I have Vonage and think it's great.

Nathan mentioned that he hated it and had lots of issues.
I'm not sure how long ago that was.

If anybody wants to try Vonage let me know. I'll send you a referral link and then you get a month free and I get two months free!
post #5 of Old 07-05-2006, 03:07 PM

I had Vonage about a year ago. I'm sure it's better now I just had a bad time with them. Everyone else I talk to loves them.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #6 of Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 PM

In general, what are the limitations of VOIP from a business point of view. There is always a trade off: cost, reception, reliability, etc?

I'm seriously thinking of going that way.
post #7 of Old 12-28-2007, 12:57 PM

I have a land line and my cell. I use both for my company. However I do not give out my home number ever.
I use GrandCentral which makes both home and cell phones ring, then I can screen the call and decide what to do. If they leave a message it is awesome because I can listen to it online if my phone isn't handy.
I'm hard to get ahold of so I wouldn't be able to survive without my grandcentral service.
post #8 of Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melikahiwa View Post
I have a land line and my cell. I use both for my company. However I do not give out my home number ever.
I use GrandCentral which makes both home and cell phones ring, then I can screen the call and decide what to do. If they leave a message it is awesome because I can listen to it online if my phone isn't handy.
I'm hard to get ahold of so I wouldn't be able to survive without my grandcentral service.
Although I have Vonage for my home, I am really getting disappointed in it. I get dropped calls, dead silence, lagtime in voicemail delivery, and bad reception A LOT.

I've had a business line before (ATT) and that cost me about $300 a month!! That's why I went to Vonage overall. Big savings! The tradeoff is where I am having a problem. If I cannot conduct business or have a typical conversation without glitches, I am doomed.

Right now I am using my cell phone (Sprint) on a PDA phone for business calls. I can forward all calls if I need to.

I am seriously thinking of adding a land line to my home as another office line to keep things seperate. Verizon has a monopoly here in our area and I really don't care for them. I used them in another state and I hated dealing with them.

I've also used CallWave in the past. I may go back to that too.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #9 of Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 AM

We are looking at Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/responsepoint/default.aspx
The phone systems are about $3000. I haven't found any info on the cost of the Microsoft software.

Last edited by Pressure Cleaning; 03-15-2008 at 12:19 PM.
post #10 of Old 03-15-2008, 12:27 PM

I use Verizon for my home/business line and have a Tracfone for my cell service.

Prepaid, no contract, great coverage area, no dropped calls or lost connections in the rural areas that don't work with the major providers.

My daughter and husband have been on Alltel and Sprint out here on the farm and I get more bars than them with the Tracfone and no connection issues.

And I just purchase the minutes I think I will need for the time frame.

Love my Tracfone !!!
post #11 of Old 09-26-2016, 06:40 AM

We use CallSling which is attached to our online website. Works great!
post #12 of Old 10-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Use a forwarding number that can be tracked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode