Struggling to make website? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-20-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Struggling to make website?

I am a new member here and I see many people here are struggling in making websites, editing or promoting website properly. I know my way around programming and promotion. I decided to open this thread to help those who needs help/advice in building their websites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-21-2016, 01:54 PM

FREE Landing Page Course

Unbounce offers a free Landing Page Course taught by a Landing Page expert.
Course offers explanations on the types of landing pages, conversion,optimization and much more.
Brad BD Janitorial...yes I went thru the course,

URL="http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-101-intro/"]http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-101-intro/[/URL]
post #3 of Old 09-22-2016, 11:05 PM

I use godaddy. I know there is better stuff out there but is it worth it for me to switch to a different host?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-23-2016, 12:53 PM

change hosting

Gulf South... Did you build your website using GoDaddy's tools--webpage builder? or is GoDaddy just hosting your site?
Read thru the terms of service, ask you New hosting company if they can help?
There are lots of hosting companies, I hear Blue Host is good and some like Host Gator. I'm on Fat Cow and looking at moving to another hosting company maybe next year.
Brad BD Janitorial
post #5 of Old 09-27-2016, 09:59 PM

Nowadays website building is very easy honestly its not even half the battle anymore. The challenging part is making your site relevant getting it some exposure and ranking it so that more customers find you. Now if anyone needs help on that message me(SEO). For site building I say use wix weebly or if you want even more functionality use wordpress and purchase the divi manager which will allow you to build a word press site as if it were a wix or weebly site.

Pressure Wash House
post #6 of Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 PM

Built my site on my own and host it through weebly.

www.pressurewashingph.com
post #7 of Old 09-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressureph View Post
Built my site on my own and host it through weebly.
Nice site! I hear that Weebly is an easy solution. Your site reminds me of a J.K. inspired site. (maybe?)
post #8 of Old 09-28-2016, 02:04 PM

You may be on to something Bunga hehe.
post #9 of Old 10-01-2016, 04:11 PM

I'd recommend using Wordpress and find a cleaning theme for creating the website, and use hostgator for hosting
post #10 of Old 10-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseCleaning View Post
I'd recommend using Wordpress and find a cleaning theme for creating the website, and use hostgator for hosting
I'm with you. I tell real web novices to use Weebly, but personally, I like Wordpress. Not only do you get to have a professional look and feel through a variety of themes, but also, you get some search engine ranking power through its awesome structure and available plugins that help with SEO.
post #11 of Old 10-13-2016, 11:13 PM

Most people who build their own websites swear by WordPress, which can be relatively easy to use after you’ve become familiar with the general interface and different plugins that can be added to your site.Content is the most critical factor convincing users to stick around your website. Delivering content that is fresh, easy to read and interactive, is the stepping stone to making your website more user-friendly.Next step is effective navigation. Еffective navigation means simplified navigation. Having a clear and clutter-free navigation is the best thing you can do to make your website friendly for your visitors. Try to limit the number of menu items as far as possible. Not overcomplicating the things and configuring navigation equally on each page will greatly facilitate browsing the site.
post #12 of Old 10-15-2016, 09:08 PM

We have a Wordpress site with a custom theme hosted on HostGator as well, great combo and highly recommended.

Weebly, squarespace, and wix type sites are also great for people who want to build site their own but don't need the full custom abilities a wordpress site has.

Expert HVAC Care in Pittsburgh
320 Fort Duquesne Blvd #234 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 404-3483
post #13 of Old 10-17-2016, 07:51 AM

Struggling to make Website?

It is very easy to make website. Get your Domain Name purchased from Registrar depending on the country like Godaddy USA or Bigrock India.

Purchase small space for Hosting & Emails where all your files & emails will reside.

Check for free templates based websites through Google or install Wordpress & add theme to it.

Add some relevant Images & Contents. That's it.

Usually, it takes 1 week of time.

Archira Singh,
Manager
Mr. Homecare - https://www.mrhomecare.in
post #14 of Old 11-10-2016, 02:55 AM

It is very easy to make website. Get your Domain Name purchased from Registrar depending on the country like Godaddy USA or Bigrock India.

Purchase small space for Hosting & Emails where all your files & emails will reside.
post #15 of Old 11-11-2016, 12:39 AM

Making websites are drag and drop affairs now. Don't be scared of it!

Awesome house cleaning!!!
post #16 of Old 03-31-2017, 03:19 PM

We used Strikingly and thought it was amazingly simple and looks polished. If you put my name as the URL you can see it. The hosting is $192 per year.
post #17 of Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 PM

We used Strikingly and thought it was amazingly simple and looks polished. If you put my name as a URL you can see it. The hosting is $192 per year.
post #18 of Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM

We used Strikingly and it came out really really well in my opinion. It will allow you to create a really clean looking site and get it hosted. You still have to buy the domain at godaddy tho
post #19 of Old 04-03-2017, 07:03 AM

Great post thanks for sharing .......
post #20 of Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode