Is a THEIF out there stealing your website content? I caught one. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-16-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Is a THEIF out there stealing your website content? I caught one.

My website builder just notified me of a company that has copied most of the contend from my website and we are sending this company a letter to remove the content or possibly have very serious action taken against them. Here is the site: www. hawaii pressure cleaning. com

I modified this post, put spaces in the web address so no link there.

They have copied a lot of information word for word and just changed a couple of things like the location.
I was notified that if you catch someone stealing your information or content you can notify them to remove the information or they can have their url turned off and permanently banned from major search engines like Google and Yahoo and MSN.
A letter is being sent to notify they have been caught stealing content and I was told that they have done the same thing with other sites but then move on to other sites and steal their stuff until caught.
You just go to www.copyscape.com and type in your website and it will show who out there has copied your stuff, even if it is just a few words.
This is B.S.! Can't they just do their own thing or do like the rest of us and pay??????
If the content is not removed, I will ask that everything that can be done will be done to them for this.
You all should use this site and see who out there is copying your stuff, you never know.
and this cool little website will show you who copied what and how much.

Last edited by chris969; 01-16-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: removed link to the offender's site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-16-2008, 05:37 PM

Copyscape is a good way to protect your website. I think there is a way to set it up on your homepage to alert plaigarists from even attempting to use your content.

What a bunch of losers to steal your words

suzi
post #3 of Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I use copyscape and have it plastered all over my site. It's a great resource!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM

I had a woman copy mine once. When I contacted her with my letter to cease using my information I included 2 items that caused quick action....

1) a demand for her to either purchase my site for $3500 and I would shut my site down upon payment..... or

2) until she paid me or took her site down I would include a statement on my site calling her out as a thief of my information with a link to her site. Explaining that due to my many contacts in the industry that I had a very high profile site and that I was sure that she did not want her reputation to be marred when others read that she has copied word for word all of my information

I have to tell you that she responded very, very quickly in taking her site down
post #5 of Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post

I have to tell you that she responded very, very quickly in taking her site down
I like your style!

I've emailed and called a variety of offenders just in the last month. They were all condusive to finding a resolution, and quickly!

I have to try your trick sometime. LOL

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #6 of Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris969 View Post
My website builder just notified me of a company that has copied most of the contend from my website and we are sending this company a letter to remove the content or possibly have very serious action taken against them. Here is the site: www. hawaii pressure cleaning. com

I modified this post, put spaces in the web address so no link there.

They have copied a lot of information word for word and just changed a couple of things like the location.
I was notified that if you catch someone stealing your information or content you can notify them to remove the information or they can have their url turned off and permanently banned from major search engines like Google and Yahoo and MSN.
A letter is being sent to notify they have been caught stealing content and I was told that they have done the same thing with other sites but then move on to other sites and steal their stuff until caught.
You just go to www.copyscape.com and type in your website and it will show who out there has copied your stuff, even if it is just a few words.
This is B.S.! Can't they just do their own thing or do like the rest of us and pay??????
If the content is not removed, I will ask that everything that can be done will be done to them for this.
You all should use this site and see who out there is copying your stuff, you never know.
and this cool little website will show you who copied what and how much.

Iím sorry to here about the problem your havingÖ.. I have had the same issues with people/companies using my content. Its funny one of the forums where you posted this a Admin is using phrasing of mine on his site I noticed today heís using phrasing of a very large roof cleaning company too, and then there are those that take credit and host classes on what they learned from me in a post sometime ago now 10 months later they are the experts. I like the way some clown rewrote his site after some North Carolina company put up there site and that clown stole there flow. Some of those clowns are on these sites I find people like these are scumbags low lives and befriend people so they can have a license to steal. I now have some respect for those ORGS that donít post anymore. Its tacky to have 5-10 sites on the net with the same flow and content and PIC. I shouldnít go on but you struck a cord, I have this company in my area that that stole a phrase off one of my old websites and is still using it in his ad within the contratortalk directory.
AT LEAST FIVE OF THE TOP POWER WASHING FORUM CHASERS HAVE STOLEN PHRASE OF MINE ON THERE WEBSITE. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE CLEVER IN THERE STEALING IíM GOING TO SMACK THEM WHERE IT HURTS.
post #7 of Old 01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Cat

Also keep in mind that those of us who hire others to create our websites are at the mercy of the designer who may "lift ideas".

I love to write so I was happy to write my entire website myself. Those who are stealing entire paragraphs are probably awful writers, not creative and not willing to hire someone to write for them.

Write the vision and make it plain: http://maidservicecoaching.wordpress.com/
post #8 of Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 AM

I just found this forum. This is what a guy has copyed from me.

Free estimates for Portland window cleaning Portland, Beaverton, West Linn, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Wilsonville, Clackamas, Oregon City and Milwaukie,Vancouver Wa. Estimate window cleaning services, cleaners, cleaner, service, washing, washer and washers,Commercial,Residential, serving. Portland window washing Portland.

The only thing he added was Vancouver, Wa.

There are even the same typoes.

I just hired a HR department. I wonder what they will have to say about this today?
post #9 of Old 09-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
wow...thanks, I just figured out why I'm getting calls from Canada. there's a company in Toronto that copied my home page word for word even the "typo" The typo is actually a double listing of a city I service. And is using my pictures....people are something else.

Last year a guy copied an ad I was running word for word, he added his location, removed mine (good thinking) but copied the hyper link that sent possible clients to my contact page. Talk about fun.

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #10 of Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
wow...thanks, I just figured out why I'm getting calls from Canada. there's a company in Toronto that copied my home page word for word even the "typo" The typo is actually a double listing of a city I service. And is using my pictures....people are something else.

Last year a guy copied an ad I was running word for word, he added his location, removed mine (good thinking) but copied the hyper link that sent possible clients to my contact page. Talk about fun.
Lou, I know a guy in LA that does hood cleaning. He has people from all over the world steal his pictures. I understand some of his friends will phone/e-mail the thief, and make rude comments. Want me to ask some of my friends to call your thief and make rude comments.
post #11 of Old 09-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Lou

.....uummmm

You know it's impossible for me to be rude

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #12 of Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 AM

Ill call em. If there in my area Ill visit them.

Last edited by sunup; 08-27-2009 at 08:01 PM.
post #13 of Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
.....uummmm

You know it's impossible for me to be rude

You sound like a real pussy cat, all soft & cuddly.
post #14 of Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Lou

Yep cuddles and kindness that's me!

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #15 of Old 10-02-2008, 12:49 AM

I can bring some brawn into the picture if you want. LOL (errr....at least I am trying!)

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #16 of Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
I can bring some brawn into the picture if you want. LOL (errr....at least I am trying!)

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #17 of Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM

Torrey- I just checked out your website and it's great!! I promise I won't steal anything ! But seriously, thanks for all the info you provide on these boards, and the help you offer others- you've given me great ideas that I had never thought of before!
BTW- I guess I'm naive I didn't realize you could "steal" a website- do you mean they just take ideas or are they verbatim copying your entire site word for word, picture for picture? Our site is so crappy, noone would want it!! I've got to work on that!
post #18 of Old 10-27-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padegenis Cleaning View Post
Torrey- I just checked out your website and it's great!! I promise I won't steal anything ! But seriously, thanks for all the info you provide on these boards, and the help you offer others- you've given me great ideas that I had never thought of before!
BTW- I guess I'm naive I didn't realize you could "steal" a website- do you mean they just take ideas or are they verbatim copying your entire site word for word, picture for picture? Our site is so crappy, noone would want it!! I've got to work on that!
Yes, there are those that can copy a site entirely to look exactly like the original. For instance, many PayPal members are subject to people "phishing" for their info. The hackers copy the PayPal site but direct the info to go to their own site, stealing your log-in info. The only "clues" that may put up a red flag would be the web address in your toolbar may have a few extra letters like www.paypalhelp.com, which isn't a real paypal address. The other clue is that the email won't have the members name in the greeting like authentic emails would have. I've seen many "big" sites get copied (eBay, banks, etc.) just to fool you. It's my understanding that a software program can copy sites easily. Other people just copy and paste and do it the hard way.

I am glad you are benefitting from the info I share. Thanks!

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #19 of Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Lou

Well these guys got a call from my webmaster about copying my content once before they never learn.

http://www.technowash.ca/HoodCleaning.htm

I know the fan in the pic is the Filibertos on Camelback & 43rd Ave.

Funny thing is the techno guys are in Ontario. way to go guys!

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #20 of Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Google Duplicate Content

This will be good for you guys to know.

Google checks the web for duplicated content, and they have gotten very efficient at detecting it, and who the original content orients from.

What they do is take the two sites with, say 80% similar content, then they choose which one is the authentic, and recognize that website, while ignoring the other completely.

So as far as search engine rankings go, Google has you protected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode