A tip for your internet presence - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

A tip for your internet presence

If you are an independent housekeeper or small team thinking of setting up your own website, think about this before you go any further -

Set up a Facebook page. It's free, and just about everyone under the sun is already familiar with the format. Most of your customers are probably already on Facebook.

I set one up, and am finding that it works pretty well. All of my customers can "like" the page and leave comments that act as testimonials. I upload my biz logo and enter all my pertinent info. All my customers can easily recommend me to their friends by referring them on FB to my page. Anyone thinking about hring a housekeeper can "like" my page to save my info for future reference. I can post status updates to keep people up to date on my availability, feature any specials I might want to do, say something short about how I do my job, etc.,

It's quick, easy, and free.

I think having a website that doesn't look professional can do more harm than good, but Facebook is something everyone is already using and you can try it out for yourself with nothing to loose.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Thumbs up Facebook business page

GVC,
I entirely agree. In fact, since I don't have a website yet, almost my entire 'web presence' is contained in FB for now. It's not even optimized and yet it shows up in my Google Alerts when I update it properly.
post #3 of Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Great tip

Quote:
I think having a website that doesn't look professional can do more harm than good, but Facebook is something everyone is already using and you can try it out for yourself with nothing to loose.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-19-2011, 11:53 AM

good ideea , thanks for the tip !

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #5 of Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 AM

I completely do agree with you about Facebook pages, it is a really good way to get your customers and boost up your business but i won't agree with this thing that websites are of no use but pages.. well, Websites are better when it comes to comparison b/w them, now for example: if you need to buy furniture you won't hit a search in "Search" bar of Facebook.. but in Google.. so Google mostly take out the results from websites than Facebook..
But yet making Facebook pages for your business is a good idea..
post #6 of Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Valley Cleaning View Post
If you are an independent housekeeper or small team thinking of setting up your own website, think about this before you go any further -

Cheers!
I agree that if your website doesn't look professional, it will make you look unprofessional. Having a professional website doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg. A Cleaner Business provides professionally built websites, with SEO marketing techniques built in for a very affordable price. A Cleaner Business is the online marketing solution that cleaning businesses all over the nation are choosing to help grow their business.

Last edited by acleanerbusiness; 01-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode