Tips for creating a Good Website/Your Website ? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Tips for creating a Good Website/Your Website ?

Found this interesting page on creating a good website...

http://www.webreference.com/greatsite.html

Any thoughts ? What do you think makes a website appealing/effective and feel free to post your website address !

Nick Sidla || Account Executive
Job Scheduling Software
Customer Testimonial Software
Free Route Optimization Software and GPS
Follow me on Twitter for daily business tips@servicetask !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
GSF

One of the most important tasks that people often forget about when making their website is the importance of web standards. Developed a website to proper HTML standards that valid will help the website render properly across different devices and operating systems.

Also I hate Flash. If a website has Flash I just log out!
Bunga likes this.
post #3 of Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF View Post
One of the most important tasks that people often forget about when making their website is the importance of web standards. Developed a website to proper HTML standards that valid will help the website render properly across different devices and operating systems.

Also I hate Flash. If a website has Flash I just log out!
Agreed, I actually spent time doing a semester long project for a game in flash, the learning curve was pretty steep to say the least. I have had something against flash since then.

Job Scheduling Software
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM

If by good website you mean website that attracts a lot of traffic (SEO) then then there is one timeless advice: make the website relevant to what people are looking for.
All SEO gurus are talking about link campaigns, then meta tags, and so forth. HOwever bottom line is that Google changes the formula once in a while to outsmart those gurus, so that the results of Googling really does provide relevant results.

Thomas Cholewik
Busy Bee Cleaning Service
www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #5 of Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_cleaner:) View Post
If by good website you mean website that attracts a lot of traffic (SEO) then then there is one timeless advice: make the website relevant to what people are looking for.
Agreed, good info > links/tons of useless content

Job Scheduling Software
post #6 of Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM

If you want to create website for Google then you must consult with a SEO expert because he can tell you only about on page factors for a good website. If you want to create your website for users and wants lot of visitors per day on your website then you should create it accordingly users. If user will able in finding relevant information as they want on your website then your website will be rank in search engine automatically.
post #7 of Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM

one thing in that article that you should ignore is where it says "break up your tables". that should say "eliminate your tables". when search engines spiders/bots get to a table in html, they don't go any further.
post #8 of Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 AM

Depends on what the site is for. I would say for a service site where you will be entering a clients home a picture of you and also your family to show the potential clients who will be coming to there home. Look at my site Tampa carpet cleaning for an example.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #9 of Old 06-22-2012, 06:07 PM

Read up on SEO.. avoid Flash at all costs, stick with HTML. Keep it simple and clean
Bunga likes this.

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
post #10 of Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 AM

hackting tutorials by ankit fadia

visit us : onlinehackingtutorials.blogspot.in
post #11 of Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Cae

How about searching through YouTube?
post #12 of Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cae View Post
How about searching through YouTube?
Its good to have a YouTube account and videos on their. Google looks at all types of stuff online and YouTube account (Google owns YouTube) so the more information you have out there the better for search engines.
post #13 of Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalsks88 View Post
Read up on SEO.. avoid Flash at all costs, stick with HTML. Keep it simple and clean
Search Engine Optimization is definitely the most important part of a website, it is what makes you stand out from your competition. A Cleaner Business provides professionally built websites for cleaning businesses with SEO built in, allowing you to have full control of how well your site ranks. Convenient, easy and very affordable!!!

Last edited by acleanerbusiness; 01-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.
post #14 of Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM

Thanks for sharing this awesome tips are here. This is very essential for every business to create awesome website which can help to get more and more business. I appreciate your work at here.
post #15 of Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Tips for creating a Good Website/Your Website ?

Speedy pages are always important. No matter how fast the average connection is for your readers, there is always more data, more content, more images, more everything for them to download. The thing about speed is that people only notice it when it's absent. So creating fast web pages often feels unappreciated, but if you follow the tips in this article, your pages won't be slow, and so your readers will stay longer.

Writing for the web is different from writing for print. People skim online, especially when they first get to a page. You want the contents of your page to give them what they want quickly, but provide enough detail for those who want expansion on the basics. This article gives you tips for writing web content.

Thanks

websites.ca
post #16 of Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM

Speed, good SEO, and easy to maintain. Take a look at using Wordpress as a starting point.
post #17 of Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Nothing is going to get you better results than having original (and good informative) content. I will say that is the hardest part. To write the correct amount of info with the correct keywords. Plus it doesn't hurt to blog and use social media to get people to notice your original content. Also make sure you keep each page relevant to itself - don't write about multiple subjects on the same page. Also make sure your website gets crawled by google, yahoo, and bing at least once a month.

Completely Maid - Residential and Commercial Cleaning and Maid Services
post #18 of Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelymaid View Post
Nothing is going to get you better results than having original (and good informative) content. I will say that is the hardest part. To write the correct amount of info with the correct keywords. Plus it doesn't hurt to blog and use social media to get people to notice your original content. Also make sure you keep each page relevant to itself - don't write about multiple subjects on the same page. Also make sure your website gets crawled by google, yahoo, and bing at least once a month.

I've noticed blogging has really improved my website ranking.
I don't really have the time or desire to blog, so I just pay someone $99 a month to keep it updated with fresh content.

I haven't used any social media yet, but I plan on creating a twitter and facebook page when I have time.
post #19 of Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM

You people really brought out some important points. I especially agree with having mobile capability. On my blog I have a mobile friendly theme installed on it and it really makes the difference.
post #20 of Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM

Good fresh content and quality back links is key ( i think )

Tags
internet , servicetask , web design , web marketing , website

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode