Tips for creating a Good Website/Your Website ? - Page 2 - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Junior Member
 
JeremyStox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
I would like to add, don't forget to optimize your website. The less time your website takes to load the better. Google have a tool PageSpeed that will show you the speed and how to fix problems.
JeremyStox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Member
 
skip-it's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Woking
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyStox View Post
I would like to add, don't forget to optimize your website. The less time your website takes to load the better. Google have a tool PageSpeed that will show you the speed and how to fix problems.
Have you link to this tool - thanks Jeremy
skip-it is offline  
post #23 of Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 51
website design

You should always focus on good and attractive website design to engage the customers and the most important and basic thing is to have an easy navigation.
tobycrabtree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of Old 10-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Junior Member
 
MarketingMaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lray View Post
one thing in that article that you should ignore is where it says "break up your tables". that should say "eliminate your tables". when search engines spiders/bots get to a table in html, they don't go any further.
I think you are thinking of frames, tables won't affect a search engine bot's ability to crawl your site. Also, most bots can now navigate through frames as well but I still avoid using them, there are safer options.
MarketingMaids is offline  
post #25 of Old 10-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 2
The general rule is to have a website that is for your clients. Make it easy on their eyes and make it easy to navigate. Period! On top of that, concentrate on blogging and keep generating content. Since these are mostly cleaning websites, make content relevant for your clients, like cleaning tips and tricks. For example, talk about the difference between these types of cleaning products vs. other kinds or maybe do reviews of your favorites products. It's all limitless. Sync all of that up with Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest and distribute your content. SEO is important in getting the proper tags and titles that will help you rank. Many websites use the Wordpress platform because you can use many SEO plugins like SEO Ultimate and W3 Total Cache that makes the site run faster. Calls of actions are important too and so is color.

There's many pages on this topic and worth checking out. You can always hire someone else to do this work for you. Keep you ROI under consideration.

Check out my site for some ideas
albertplawinski is offline  
post #26 of Old 10-29-2016, 11:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 25
use weebly its easy and quick and can do so much on it !!
mayagh is offline  
post #27 of Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 19
preethi is offline  
post #28 of Old 01-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 31
Thanks for sharing...great info and looking for more..
Clownford is offline  
post #29 of Old 04-05-2017, 05:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
When making a website you should use proper web designing standards. your website should be user friendly. information you are providing should be clear and your website should be responsive.
Mariah Ajaz is offline  
post #30 of Old 12-01-2017, 05:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
15 Tips to Create Killer Website Content:
Start with a clear navigation.
Use conversational English.
Avoid industry jargon.
Provide all the relevant information.
Leave out the hype.
Make your home page a to-the-point summary.
Create unique landing pages for specific topics.
Let pictures help tell your story.
Include trust-building content.
Keep your website up to date.
Use a straightforward layout.
Make it easy for visitors to contact you.
Keep forms simple.
Include a call to action on nearly every page.
Make it perfect or as close to it as you can get.
designer is offline  
post #31 of Old 01-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 21
Make sure you try to put at least 1000 words on the first page. This helps establish your site as an authoritative cleaning site according to Google.
M Kal is offline  
post #32 of Old 01-07-2018, 06:14 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Kal View Post
Make sure you try to put at least 1000 words on the first page. This helps establish your site as an authoritative cleaning site according to Google.
so, our homepage must at least 1000 words? what will happen if we didn't put at least 1000 words at the first page? I am a newcomer and don't understand about this "authoritative cleaning site"
luxueqi is offline  
post #33 of Old 01-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 21
It just helps when Google reads your website. They are looking for good authoritative content when they rank sites. It helps to have that much content on the first page.
M Kal is offline  
post #34 of Old 01-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF View Post
One of the most important tasks that people often forget about when making their website is the importance of web standards. Developed a website to proper HTML standards that valid will help the website render properly across different devices and operating systems.

Also I hate Flash. If a website has Flash I just log out!
Totally agree on the Adobe Flash. Terrible thing to do to your visitors!
Bunga is offline  
post #35 of Old 03-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 2
http://agen388.org

Totally agree
postingterus168 is offline  
post #36 of Old 03-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 66
I probably sound like a broken record, but a serious issue I see is most web developers underplay the phone number.

I have a degree in Marketing and I apply my training quite often in my companies. One thing that many people miss on, especially in commercial cleaning businesses is to make sure that your phone number is prevalent on your web pages. After all, the best thing that can happen is for a potential client to call you to ask for a quote. So make it easy for that client to dial your number!

1) Have your phone number on your header.
2) Have a click-2-dial button (for mobile).
3) Make sure that your phone number is not so small that it can't be read on a mobile phone.

If this fix increases your phone call count by 20% - I think you'll love it!

Bunga
Tampa Hood Cleaners
Bunga is offline  
post #37 of Old 04-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: 19 S 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112, USA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer View Post
15 Tips to Create Killer Website Content:
Start with a clear navigation.
Use conversational English.
Avoid industry jargon.
Provide all the relevant information.
Leave out the hype.
Make your home page a to-the-point summary.
Create unique landing pages for specific topics.
Let pictures help tell your story.
Include trust-building content.
Keep your website up to date.
Use a straightforward layout.
Make it easy for visitors to contact you.
Keep forms simple.
Include a call to action on nearly every page.
Make it perfect or as close to it as you can get.
Thanks!
Saratoga Carpet Cleaner is offline  
post #38 of Old 04-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertplawinski View Post
The general rule is to have a website that is for your clients. Make it easy on their eyes and make it easy to navigate. Period! On top of that, concentrate on blogging and keep generating content. Since these are mostly cleaning websites, make content relevant for your clients, like cleaning tips and tricks. For example, talk about the difference between these types of cleaning products vs. other kinds or maybe do reviews of your favorites products. It's all limitless. Sync all of that up with Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest and distribute your content. SEO is important in getting the proper tags and titles that will help you rank. Many websites use the Wordpress platform because you can use many SEO plugins like SEO Ultimate and W3 Total Cache that makes the site run faster. Calls of actions are important too and so is color.

There's many pages on this topic and worth checking out. You can always hire someone else to do this work for you. Keep you ROI under consideration.

Check out my site for some ideas
thanks for the tips
Milpitas Carpet Clean is offline  
post #39 of Old 04-16-2018, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer View Post
15 Tips to Create Killer Website Content:
Start with a clear navigation.
Use conversational English.
Avoid industry jargon.
Provide all the relevant information.
Leave out the hype.
Make your home page a to-the-point summary.
Create unique landing pages for specific topics.
Let pictures help tell your story.
Include trust-building content.
Keep your website up to date.
Use a straightforward layout.
Make it easy for visitors to contact you.
Keep forms simple.
Include a call to action on nearly every page.
Make it perfect or as close to it as you can get.
Thank you for sharing.
tuantranbk is offline  
post #40 of Old 06-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
I think websites should start with simple navigation then have quality pictures and content to draw people in. One of the main mistakes I see is people making potential customers search for a way to contact them. If customers have to search for a contact form or phone number they will probably just head back to google and try someone else. Even though they aren't pretty, the more simple forms I put on my website the higher my conversion. Good luck all.

Operator of Sarasota Pressure Washing and Tree Care Fort Myers
SRQPressureWasher is offline  
Reply

Tags
internet , servicetask , web design , web marketing , website

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Makes a Good Company Website? Nathan Websites, Software, and Computers 40 06-19-2019 07:10 AM
We ca build, promote and host your website for a low price mdvhome Websites, Software, and Computers 2 07-07-2011 01:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome