Web Builders - what is best? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crippen

post #1 of Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Web Builders - what is best?

There seem to be lots of web builders out there. Wix, Wordpress and others. Which one should I use and should I use any at all or just get some to build the site?

Aaron
Top Notch Window Cleaning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM

Wordpress claims states that about or around 25% of all websites use it's platform. The platforms you asked about have their pluses & minus and fan base. Since I am more familiar with wordpress, that is the 1 I can speak about.
https://wordpress.org/hosting/ here wordpress talks about hosting a wordpress website.
My suggestion would be to go to youtube.com and search for wordpress Avada Theme tutorials. watch several and then you will have a good idea of what type of website you want to create, how a wordpress Theme works and if this is the path for you to create a website. There are many Themes for wordpress and Avada is just 1 of them.
Brad BD Janitorial.
P.S. a short cut would be to have someone upload wordpress to a hosting company, install the slider/header photos, contact info, etc and all you do is add the content, maybe pay that person for 1-2 hours to show you the features and how to use each feature, save a lot of time, frustration.
post #3 of Old 08-04-2017, 07:04 AM

WordPress wins, easy to install, use, customize and the good thing is that you can buy a premium theme for less than 60 dollars, put content and the images.
Bunga likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-28-2017, 04:45 PM

Wordpress is the easiest for upkeep and customization. Squarespace is very easy and will give you a snazzy looking site, but might not be well-suited for ongoing content addition.
post #5 of Old 12-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Name. Description.
Squarespace. Packed with features and beautiful themes.
Weebly. Perfect for anyone looking for something easy to use.
Wix. True drag-and-drop.
Voog. Good for multilingual websites.
Strikingly. The best website builder for one page websites.
Ucraft. Flexible editor.
XPRS.
post #6 of Old 12-10-2017, 01:01 PM

I'd use Wordpress platform and Divi theme, that have Divi builder- it's most popular builder at Wordpress - 489 000+ purchases... It's SEO friendly, speed optimized theme/ builder and you have tons of possibilities.
post #7 of Old 12-10-2017, 01:02 PM

Also Thrive themes with Thrive builder.
-DeluxMaid- house cleaning services nyc. I made my website 3 weeks ago with this builder.
post #8 of Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Wix and Weebly are the easiest to use when building a site.
post #9 of Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 AM

Weebly is easy but you pay for it in SEO issues

Weebly is easy to use but has problems with SEO that you don't readily see unless you look deep into the code after the pages are built. One of the big issues for me is that Weebly renames your pictures that you put on your website. It may seem minor - but, if they take a picture named Tampa-FL-hood-cleaning-company.jpg and they rename it to 9773979thr8080.jpg, you lose. So, as much as I like building in Weebly because it's easy, I wouldn't do it.

- Bunga.
post #10 of Old 03-28-2018, 02:16 PM

Wordpress is the most flexible for all CMS builders, but there are many solutions for using a 'builder' to create a custom-coded website without a service like wix or squarespace as well.
post #11 of Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM

100% Wordpress but you need to know how to use it.

Wordpress is like an iphone. And iphones does nothing just like a site with wordpress does nothing. All your plugins and custom graphics are like your apps.

I run Clean Victoria. We do carpet cleaning in Newcastle upon Tyne.
post #12 of Old 10-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Wordpress requires a bit of education to really use it. If you don't want to become a Wordpress guru you might want to stay away. Especially true if you "just want to run a house cleaning business" and don't want to be a programmer. If all you want is a simple web site that is like a flyer or brochure then you might go with something simple like Square or Wix. Pick one that is designed for simplicity. Sometimes entrepreneurs want to do everything and one thing to learn in business is to spend your time on what you do best and let others do what you are not skilled at. Personally, I contract out to a marketing person to do this stuff for me.

Julia
All City Cleaning Services Olympia WA
post #13 of Old 01-10-2019, 10:34 AM

great tips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode