Website - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Website

Hello, want to build a website to promote my business, anyone out there have a ide a. Where to start never done this before first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Yahoo.com, godaddy.com www.kbkgraphics.com
post #3 of Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Microsoft Live has a nice program to work with for a beginner. They offer a free trial if you are interested.

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Had mine done by www.cleanoutlook.com and I get lots of web action from mine.

Very affordable too...
post #5 of Old 06-30-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babflores View Post
Hello, want to build a website to promote my business, anyone out there have a ide a. Where to start never done this before first time.
I went through godaddy.com. You can buy a domain name for like 8 bucks a year (they had a sale so I got mine for $1.99), hosting is only a few bucks, and they have a program called Website Tonight that is basically drag and drop or you can customize if you have some html skills. I think that was about 25 bucks or so. They also have free help with site optimization for google. You can get some great stock photography from istockphoto.com...13 images for 10 bucks. www.thecleaningbug.net was done with godaddy.com and I started showing up on googe within two weeks. I also like it because there is no long term cost committment.
post #6 of Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Here is a link for free templates - http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
post #7 of Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 PM

All good ideas and websites. Just make sure your webmaster doesn't disappear and leave you high and dry.
post #8 of Old 09-30-2008, 10:53 AM

Wordpress is a good place to start. Put your contact info on the page, and start writing articles about people in your target community. Then go comment on blogs within your community, with links to your site.
post #9 of Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
HBF

I like Microsoft Live the best. GoDaddy is a pain with load times. Everytime you make a change and have to update the page, prepare to be frustrated. Vista Print has website design now as well and is also a pain. Webnode has free website design as well. They have lots of options, but it is a learning curve to figure out how to work things.

Stacy
http://www.businessformsstore.com/residential_cleaning
post #10 of Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM

first start of buying a mac

Sylvia
http://bbcleaningservice.com
post #11 of Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 AM

why don`t you contact echofreelance.com
It is very better option.
post #12 of Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoncleaning View Post
Wordpress is a good place to start. Put your contact info on the page, and start writing articles about people in your target community. Then go comment on blogs within your community, with links to your site.
Couldn't agree more. Wordpress or even Blogger sites are easy to set up, don't need to know HTML or any other website building jargon, they are easy to get ranked high because Google loves them (Blogger is owned by Google) and all in all, very easy to use. Obviously as suggested, register a domain name, have it hosted and then just install Wordpress. Most ISP's have a tool in their cpanel that installs wordpress in a couple of easy clicks from your mouse.
post #13 of Old 08-18-2010, 03:23 AM

I didn't know that Blooger site is easier to get rank higher. Thanks for the information.

post #14 of Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 AM

post #15 of Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 AM

if you want to promote your website or business in the first time, i have a good idea for you . you can choose the best website promotion company according to your business.
post #16 of Old 08-29-2010, 05:14 AM

blogger wont rank higher then other sites fools! this will give a bad search result for actual people looking for decent sites as all they'll get is sites from blogger which are rubbish. a good unique site ranks better
post #17 of Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadam View Post
blogger wont rank higher then other sites fools! this will give a bad search result for actual people looking for decent sites as all they'll get is sites from blogger which are rubbish. a good unique site ranks better
Hmmm, well that's not true at all. I did say that by registering your own domain name and then hosting the blogger blog platform on it does help with rankings. Just like hosting a wordpress blog on your own domain helps as well. If you use just blogger on its own, you still can rank high as long as you optimize it properly. It's not that difficult to do at all.

I dont mind being called a fool but when I know what I'm talking about, I do resent it a little my friend.
post #18 of Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 AM

I would say Wordpress is the best, easy to manage, lots of free help and advice on there forums, fast and SEO friendly
post #19 of Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Different social media sites are useful for this purpose.
The pages of facebook and google can be usful for
customer.

post #20 of Old 08-13-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoncleaning View Post
Wordpress all day long, check out my site..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode