Website advice? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Website advice?

Hi All,

OK so I've been in business a few months now and think I need a website to help with marketing/growth.

I've been doing some research into this and was wondering what sort of price I should be paying? I understand there are pay monthly providers and firms I can hire for a one off fee. What sort of prices did you guys pay?

Also what should I be looking out for in a firm?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM

It really depends on what you are looking for, your budget, where your current client base is and where you want to expand into.

For example, if you just want a website as a presence page and get most of your business via word of mouth, referrals, and other forms of non-Internet marketing, paying a monthly provider is obviously not in your best interests.

On the other hand, if you intend your primary audience to be online, you will need to either devote a substantial amount of time growing your presence online, or hiring someone to do it for you. In these cases, paying monthly will probably be what you would need, and the prices scale with the amount of work done.

Based on those needs, you can look around locally for either a web designer or SEO firm, and work your way outwards from there.
post #3 of Old 11-17-2012, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. There are a fair few cleaning companies in my area and I am wanting to seperate myself from the crowd so am thinking it is worth investing in something quality.

Any idea on a good monthly budget for web/seo/online marketing?

Is it best to stick with a local firm? What should I be looking out for?

Susie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Monthly SEO budgets vary drastically depending on what you want. Make sure you do a lot of research to avoid getting burned. Self-hosting is very inexpensive ($12-15 a year for the domain name, and I believe $80 a year for Godaddy hosting), but for a quality website design you'd probably start at $500 bare minimum and only go on up from there. Full custom sites with extensive graphic design can usually hit $1000-1500 in the midrange and higher. For SEO, you will probably start at $200-300 on the very low end and only go up from there.

What you should do is search Google for some basic SEO articles to see what's involved, and depending on how good you are with computers and if you know anyone who can help, you can budget accordingly. SEO is technically simple but time-consuming, and as a business owner you should focus on what your time is best spent on. Local firms are usually the best way to go because in my experience it's much more efficient to deliver data and convey ideas in person rather than over the phone or email. Local firms are also more specialized to help backlink with your community instead of from random places online, which is of more benefit for a cleaning business. Your mileage may vary though.

If you speak with an SEO firm, ask them specifically what they do and how long it takes. A reputable firm will always advise that results will take time and are at the discretion of the search engines. If they ask you for a bunch of money upfront be sure to check for testimonials and proof of other clients for their service.
post #5 of Old 12-02-2012, 01:31 AM

You should spend between a $1,000 - $2,500 for a well built website, search engine optimized, custom ad copy, with full graphics, ready to send traffic to and make some good conversions.

Yes, you could get away with getting a website for only $99 a month, or even for $300 out the door, but is that really what you want? The amount of time, energy and money you would be wasting with these type of cheap sites will supersede what it will cost you to pay the right people the right amount, one-time.

As for advertising, I would recommend you spend whatever your comfortable with, keeping in mind, you'll get what you pay for. If you spend $100.00 a month on advertising, you shouldn't expect to get more then 1 or maybe 2 jobs a month. You decide what pace you want to grow your business. But advertising online, especially investing in SEO comes at a high price. Could you do it yourself? Of course you could, but like Superior Restoration said, you don't want to be wasting your precious time learning a new business (marketing). Your good at running your business, and these advertising companies are good at what they do.

My opinion, start off spending $500-$1,000 a month in advertising. Split that budget into a few parts (PPC, Social Media, SEO & SEM). Consistently stick to that budget for 3 months, then make changes from there. If you'r advertising with the right company, you should be increasing your advertising budget by 30% every quarter, to a point where you feel comfortable.

Las Vegas Carpet Cleaning - Las Vegas Upholstery Cleaning - Las Vegas Tile Grout Cleaning
Honest, Reliable & Always on Time.
Green Home Carpet Cleaning, Las Vegas, NV
post #6 of Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Our new website cost us under $500. It was a about $300 to set up and an additional $150 to make some changes that we saw fit. We chose a Wordpress sight because I like to make changes and keep content fresh. Our domain name is still the same as the old site because it had a good Google rating.

I spend some time posting article, with back links, to drive more traffic towards it. Our site has quickly become one of the best ranking, in my area.

Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care

Serving Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Raleigh NC
post #7 of Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM

A website is an extremely important part of having a cleaning business, but it shouldn't break the bank. You can do a lot of research and find websites for little to no cost, but like they always say "You get what you pay for". Sometimes you have to spend a little more, to get the better quality product, and in this case, a website that ranks well on search engines.

SEO and Online Marketing Services are an ideal resource to help boost your rankings, but the cost can be a bit extreme. You need a company that can provide you with a beautiful and highly functional site, for a small price, and help you achieve the high rankings that everyone is trying for.

A Cleaner Business is that perfect solution. For a low monthly payment, your business comes equipped with a modern website, with advanced features, and Search Engine Optimization built in. You have the ability to not only change your images, content and pages whenever you feel, you can also change your meta tags, alt/title tags and descriptions on every page, link or image. This puts the power to rank high, in your own hands. But we don't stop there, your site comes with specific landing pages for each of your serving areas, so that you rank higher in all your communities!

A Cleaner Business website is pre-developed to save you from all the development costs and hidden fees. With a setup process of only 24 hours, you can have your new website live by tomorrow, promoting your business and bringing in new customers.

Check us out at ACleanerBusiness.com and see why cleaning businesses all over the nation are choosing A Cleaner Business as there online marketing solution.
post #8 of Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM

Hello SSC cleaning. I use a ccompany called Dizyn.net you can check out her work at she is awesome,very talented and very reasonably priced. she just built my newest site where i sell some presure washer parts and charged me $1000.00. i gave her the part numbers and pricing an she designed it completly and just ketpt sending me samples to approv as she progressed.
He actually built all three of my websites the two on my signature line and another for my repair business. check out her site it costs nothing to look at.
post #9 of Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Thumbs up

Every business need website today. Almost everyone today uses the web to shop or hire a service or at least to do a little market research and to identify the company they wish to deal with. With the evolution in communication technology and the dynamic nature of the business world, Internet is quickly becoming a natural extension of our lives. If today you donít have an active online presence, you are sure to miss out on a substantial share of your potential customers.
post #10 of Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM

we went to a local web desgin company and got ours for under £500, and its seen some decent increses in rankings with only a small amount of SEO work, I dont believe you have to pay thousands of pounds on a website. At the end of the day the majority of us are cleaners, meaning all people will do is find the site read the services and call the number or fill in the contact form. You dont really need high levels of functionality.

Skweeky Kleen are Carpet Cleaners Bristol
post #11 of Old 03-27-2013, 07:32 PM

Skweeky, I'm not sure if I agree with your statement. People are becoming more and more savy and expect to see functionality and good design whenever they visit a website. A good portion of our customers have told us that they've chosen Maids a la Mode because of our site.
post #12 of Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 AM

Yep I agree with design and usability! but you can get a decent wordpress template, customise it and make it your own, without spending thousands.

post #13 of Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 AM

Also, If you want to add booking forms and added functionality, thats upto you but I dont think it is nessecary

post #14 of Old 04-02-2015, 01:18 PM

I highly suggest doing it yourself. I show you step by step how to make and create a cleaning business website that any un-techie person will be able to follow.
I understand the importance of a website for your cleaning business, which is why I know every single cleaning business needs to have some kind of website, even if it is a very basic informative website with some contact information and pages.
post #15 of Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 PM

The only website to have in the cleaning business is a 100% free website. If you have to pay 1 penny for something, don't do it. Free domain name, free website... free everything. Unless you have a lot of money to spend on SEO, then it's a different story.
post #16 of Old 04-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
The only website to have in the cleaning business is a 100% free website. If you have to pay 1 penny for something, don't do it. Free domain name, free website... free everything. Unless you have a lot of money to spend on SEO, then it's a different story.
Eh, most free domains are ugly and un-professional.

Example ; having cleaning.wix.com will be awful to advertise on cards and really anywhere, where having cleaning.com will convert much better.

So spend the money on a domain and decent hosting (Which is dollars a month) and nothing more. I agree though, don't buy a developer, you can do everything on your own for free.
post #17 of Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealClean View Post
Eh, most free domains are ugly and un-professional.

Example ; having cleaning.wix.com will be awful to advertise on cards and really anywhere, where having cleaning.com will convert much better.

So spend the money on a domain and decent hosting (Which is dollars a month) and nothing more. I agree though, don't buy a developer, you can do everything on your own for free.
I agree. You should spend on domain and hosting but do some research and get a cheap but good deal. I don't recommend spending more than 100$ a year for a website though. Sadly, online marketing doesn't do much for small to medium cleaning businesses.
post #18 of Old 04-08-2015, 01:19 PM

I guess ya just gotta know where to go for the good ones. Which will be on my FREE website later this year.

I actually made the decision when I started my website to leave it in the free section and to use the free domain to show others it can be done totally free and look GREAT! As a matter of fact, it looks so great, if I hadn't of told you it was free, you would never know.
post #19 of Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 PM

I do have a question for either or both of you though. If a person was going to spend say, $100 a year on a website to build their self, where should they go?

RealClean,
You didn't say a price so if your price is more or less, give us more information on the price they should spend. My site won't be ready for months and I'm sure many will make a website before then.
post #20 of Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 AM

To host your site, depending on where you go, it's typically about $6-8 dollars per month. For example, with Go Daddy it's as low as $7 per month (in Canada anyways) for website hosting and includes the domain name.

You can then install Wordpress (which is free) and choose a template for your website, many which are also free.

So that's $7 x 12 = $84 per year. You might want to get the Privacy feature for the domain so your address doesn't get broadcast out on the internet. That's $11.

So for $95 you can have a more professional looking website with your own personalized dot com domain name. As some others have said, there are deals from time to time so that number could be lower.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode