Website Review Please! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-26-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Website Review Please!

Hello!
I'm working on a website for a cleaning service I plan on starting the beginning of 2017.
A brand new start-up, I am open to both commercial and residential cleaning at this point. I'm testing the waters before I decide on what direction to go.

Anyway, I'm working on a website and it isn't complete, but I felt it was complete enough to drive some traffic to it to see what happens?

The results are VERY disappointing.
I'm using Google Adwords to drive relevant traffic. So I'm only getting local website traffic typing in keywords looking for a cleaning service.

No one stays on the website more than a second and no one checks out any of its pages? Everyone enters my Home page and immediately leaves?

I'd love to get some feedback!
Is it that bad?
Is traffic like this common?
Thanks for looking!

Safe Choice Cleaning .com

Last edited by SafeChoiceCleaning; 12-26-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-29-2016, 08:39 AM

Google search is all about content and backlinks. First, a new website isn't going to hit page one of Google for a month or more and that is if you work it hard. So be patient.

You need to have 1,000 words of content - Google likes longer content. Also you content needs to have relevance to the reader. So instead of thinking about writing about how great your company is, think about the information your potential clients would be interested in. Like carpet cleaning tips, how often should you clean your carpet, what are the pros and cons of different carpet cleaning methods, etc.

Inner link your pages with anchor text. Like on your home page you might mention "carpet stains" and make that text a link to your page on carpet stains. This helps Google index your pages and categorize what that page is about.

The next thing is backlinks. Generall the more backlinks you have the better. Guest posting on blogs that let you link back to your site is probably the most effective backlinks out there. Also the blog should have a high Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) - you can Google "Domain Authority" and "Page Authority" if you don't know what those are.

Once you start ranking on Google you need a way to convert visitors into customers. Best way is to have a contact form and link so mobile devices only need to click on it to call you.

You can see example of the contact form I use and mobile device clickable links at my website St. Charles Carpet Cleaning.
post #3 of Old 01-03-2017, 12:09 AM

Thanks for your post Max!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-03-2017, 09:57 PM

Well said Max..and all the very best ....
post #5 of Old 01-04-2017, 01:59 PM

Website Review

I agree with max61, you need more content. Perhaps create a separate pages or pages for your services or the cities you serve.
How long have you been in Business?
Any client testimonials?
Maybe give more details about your office cleaning service.

There is a great FREE Landing Page Course by Un Bounce, go thru the course Look at the Landing Pages Examples they show you and compare it to your course. The link below is for the FREE Course.

http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-101-intro/

Adwords, I have used adwords and had some success. There is a National Franchise JanPro who pretty much appears top of page for certain Keywords. I would look at my keywords and maybe not pick ones that have a lot of competition,if you are going to open a new hamburger stand you might not want to open next to McDonalds. As an example if the Jan-Pro Franchiser is top of page for "commercial office cleaning" I might pick some
Keywords like Reliable Office Cleaning or Local (insert town name) Office Cleaning or The Best Office Cleaning.

I had an Adword Expert set up my Adwords when I got started, there are negative Keywords, Area Map, Pick from Zip codes, she showed how to adjust my bids, set limits etc. I found her on Guru.com

The above are suggestions, some stuff that has helped answer some ?? saved me time and kept me from making some BOo BOO's
Brad BD Janitorial
post #6 of Old 01-04-2017, 06:13 PM

I really can't advise you on your site because it seems like you have a content problem. At this point in our online presence, we have hit the same exact wall/problem. From what I have gathered from SEO experts/online marketers, local SEO is the next Bermuda Triangle.

They just don't seem to be able to come up with the "correct" formula.
post #7 of Old 01-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Try adding background graphics.
post #8 of Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 AM

Content is the king

Hi,

There are two main factors which will make your visitor leave:
1. Your page is irrelevant, i.e. person was not able to locate needed information.
2. Your page is too relevant - it was enough for the person to see the page and get all needed data.

First, try to determine what case is yours and if you are in the first group think about improvement:
- the content your provide
- easy to find contact details and services list
- small order form etc.

There are numerous factors influencing on person decision.

I have took a look at your website and here is what i didn't like:
- Red text - red color is the selling color, but red text information is not readable and interfere with the style of your website. Try to use the same color for all parts of your text body and the same color for all titles, subtitles you have. On each page you need to have the same formatting and style (!) it is a rule.
- The website loads slowly. Thank about choosing light CMS theme which will load fast. For example there numerous wordpress plugins available to make it faster (for images, themes etc.)
- Contact us form available only from home page and it is complex to find. You need to have link to it easy accessible from ANY page of your website.
- Think about structure of all pages you have. They need look beautiful and accurate.
- Social buttons appear and disappear depending on the webpage. It is better to place them at the footer of your website.

To form a better view of what you need, try to search for the webpages of huge businesses and checkout what they are doing, using etc.

Also it is great to have weekly updated blog - cause now content is the king. And you can drive a lot of traffic to your website by offering cool content to your visitors.
post #9 of Old 01-23-2017, 01:28 PM

amazing job!!!

Kelsey did an amazing job!! There was ALOT to do and she did it beautifully. Our home was spotless. It took her almost 6 hours to clean our house and I can see why. She did not miss a thIng and every detail was attended to. Thank you so much, Kelsey for your hard work and attention to detail. I hope you come back in two week!! Kristin C., Springtown, TX 76082 - January 23, 2017
post #10 of Old 01-26-2017, 03:21 PM

I agree with Max

It's going to take time to rank your site but you just have to keep plugging away everyday. I just launched my site a few months back and still creeping its way to the top. I am currently working on ranking for the hardest keyword for water damage in my city which is port st lucie, FL.
post #11 of Old 01-27-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for taking the time to look at my site. I'll make some tweaks from your advise. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode