Website Review Thread - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Website Review Thread

If you have a website and would like to either show it off or get some feedback post your link here. If you need help with your website make sure you list your questions and I'll try to give as much info as I can.

Look forward to seeing your sites!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-30-2006, 09:50 AM

I can't seem to clear up my header. I have lowered and raised the dpi. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #3 of Old 06-30-2006, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Well, for one thing the image is larger than the size it appears in your header.

Check out the image: http://www.firstchoicepowerwashing.c...er-715x114.jpg
Verses the webpage: http://www.firstchoicepowerwashing.com/

But even looking at the image it's self it doesn't look clear. Does it look clear in your graphics program and what program are you using to edit it?

If all else fails you can send me the quality image and I can resize if for you.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-26-2006, 06:54 PM

New Website Header

I finally got that blurry header out of here. Had Keith design a new header. I got it put in place and changed some colors on the site to better compliment the fine header by Keith.
Much Kudos to KBKGraphx. Quick and Professional.

Check it out here....

http://www.firstchoicepowerwashing.com

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #5 of Old 10-26-2006, 07:09 PM

post #6 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Hey all, I thought I would give this website thing a try. I dont expect getting much business online, but I do expect to be advertising the web address in local papers and signs. I still need to change a few things but a little feedback would be nice. And yes its a free site so several adds. Any suggestions? spelling LOL! please note this is my first attempt!!!

http://mrmomscleaning.tripod.com/

Later, JP

Last edited by User430; 11-04-2006 at 12:13 AM. Reason: link wasnt working
post #7 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:13 AM

I would love to check out your site JP but the link is broken. Can you check it and try again?
post #8 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 AM

I dont get it? try this
Congratulations! Your web site has been published.Visitors can find it at this location (URL): http://mrmomscleaning.tripod.com/

That link isnt working either, it works from the Tripod site builder page, but nowhere else. Maybe it takes some time before its truly published. I dont know??? LOL

Now its up!!!

Last edited by User430; 11-04-2006 at 12:24 AM. Reason: link is now working
post #9 of Old 11-04-2006, 01:17 AM

I can see it now.

Looks great.

If I can I would like to recommend a couple of things -

1) shrink your logo some and either put it into an upper corner or put it somewhere where it is not the only thing that you see when you first open the page

2) increase the font size on your phone number and email address information

3) mention it clearly that you are licensed, bonded, insured (As I hope that you are) on the front page so the discriminating client will stick around.
post #10 of Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 AM

This might not make me your hero but popularity is not the purpose of any post I make. I think overall the site looks way too amateurish for a company that has been in business for ten years. If I was considering hiring you and viewed that website I honestly would reconsider. I know that sounds harsh but telling you "looks good" is not going to help you any.

Get a professional logo designed. Get off of Tripod and land yourself a custom/company specific URL and host it on a real site. Use high quality photos. Read about search engine optimization and write your text copy accordingly. Be careful about advertising prices. Again if you give a customer nothing but price that is all he has upon which to make his decision. Thats bad business especially if your website dosn't have enough pizzaz to make you appear like an established company.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #11 of Old 11-04-2006, 10:01 AM

Thanks! t.p, and Pressure you son of a just kidding I really appreciate the critiqe. As I said before this site is only my first shot at it. Perhaps I will eventually invest in a professionally designed site, Im just not sure if thats really necessary for a local cleaning service. I guarantee you there is no competition in my area on the web, except Molly Maids.
Again, thanks for the feedback!! I will work on it. By the way Ive really been going back and forth about advertising prices, Ive seen several sites that do and several that dont. Guess I need to ponder it some more. You dont like the Logo? here I thought I was a designer, I spent hours messing around with that.

Later, JP
post #12 of Old 11-04-2006, 10:51 AM

I changed some font sizes and logo, is that better??

Later JP
http://mrmomscleaning.tripod.com/
post #13 of Old 11-04-2006, 10:55 AM

I'd love some feedback on our site..... www.carolinaprowash.com I keep being told that I need more "words" but I prefer the "unclutterdness" (is that a word?). I guess our site is more for our customers/potential customers to be directed to rather than search engines to find so if that's all the "words" do, I get to keep my eye candy site. I do plan on adding a testimonial page as well as a couple of pages that are about us personally & some of the affiliations we have. All comments / feedback is welcome!

Celeste

Celeste Gothorp
Carolina ProWash LLC
Graham, NC
336-516-6356
[email protected]
post #14 of Old 11-04-2006, 11:33 AM

Celeste, very nice site. I wouldnt change a thing and agree a testimonial or reference page would be a good addition.

Later, JP
post #15 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 PM

C, you can keep your wording minimized by choosing carefully those keywords which will get you found. For example:

You have:

Daily we strive for excellence no matter what the scale or scope of our undertaking. Each project is an opportunity to showcase our talents. With a complete understanding of our customers, we continually educate ourselves in order to exceed your expectations and deliver the 'wow' factor you are looking for.

Just a possibility to get you search engine coverage

Daily we strive for excellence. Each project is an opportunity to showcase our talents. From exotic deck cleaning to house washing to decorative concrete work, we take the time to recognize the needs of our Carolina based customers and exceed all expectations. Our commitment to customer service sets us apart from all other power washing contractors. For true curb appeal, there is no other.. Give Carolina ProWash a call today..

C, you know I love you but lets cut to the chase. If you want to showcase your superior writing skills, I will send you a link to another creative writing mesage board. If you want your website to perform the function you are paying for, don't be resistant to proper marketing. It will only cost you in the long run.

PressurePros, Inc

Last edited by PressurePros; 11-04-2006 at 12:14 PM.
post #16 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:22 PM

Thanks JP!

Ken, I don't know why I didn't call you when we were having brochures printed (groaannn!) I am certainly looking forward to meeting & talking with you at Tom's in a couple of weeks! Don't you want a little yellow lab puppy? I seem to be delivering that day!

Celeste

Celeste Gothorp
Carolina ProWash LLC
Graham, NC
336-516-6356
[email protected]
post #17 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:34 PM

I value my manly assets enough to know better than to bring home a puppy. Those guys are incredibly cute though. I don't even want to see them or I will be in serious trouble. One look from those eyes and I will add to my menagerie. I also will be sleeping next Jericho for the remainder of the week.

PressurePros, Inc
post #18 of Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM

J.P. - looking better, keep playing with it.

Regarding pricing, I vote to keep it off of the site, your intention is to draw the potential client into further dialogs. If you give them all of the information up front why would they call you?

I played around and created a simple logo for you that would balance out the other design on your page, take a look and let me know what you think. I would be happy to tweek it for you.

Celeste - your site is beautiful! Do you deliver puppies to California?

Ken - You made some wonderful valid points on both sites I like your style
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mr mom 1 sm.jpg (6.8 KB, 75 views)
post #19 of Old 11-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the effort t.p but Im a bit partial to my logo even if Ken doesnt like it. LOL Im just going to keep messing around with the site.

Later, JP
post #20 of Old 11-04-2006, 01:21 PM

JP -

I think consistency is important (if you can't tell by my duplicated pages on my own site ) Have you considered using the stripes from your logo up in the top left corner where you have the checkers? The change I would suggest on your logo is to make the circle an oval that would encompass all of Mr. Mom's instead of fighting it. Pricing I would leave off - no need to alert competitors of how to underbid you. I would also switch out the products being the main focus of that section to your outstanding & thorough process being central with your product listing being the accent. Again, on that same page, I'd work your logo in somewhere - possibly where the checkered flag is (it's not my favorite look for either corner if you couldn't tell!) And why did your background color change? Consistency again for me.

Don't forget, opinions are like bellybuttons - everyone has one!

Celeste

Celeste Gothorp
Carolina ProWash LLC
Graham, NC
336-516-6356
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode