Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

What Web Host Do You Recommend?

15K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  egyshell 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to leave my web host of 15 years and start completely over with a new web domain name, new email address, completely new web site, etc. I am currently paying $30.95 for an email address that I can only access 50% of the time, half the time when I am lucky enough to infiltrate my email, my messages I send out to clients bounce back undeliverable, and I am hearing from other clients that emails they sent me, never made it into my inbox without a bounce back message to them. I have for 2 months straight been calling customer support, without any response or concern to what is causing this issue. When I mention I have been a loyal customer for 15 years and would rather not move to another company, but feel there is no other option,.......no response there either. When I asked for an email address to send a documentation of complaint to, I was told there is no email address for that purpose- when I asked for the email of the president or v.p. of the company, they again said none existed. Because I fabricated my website from scratch with blood, sweat, and tears I have been putting off the inevitable of moving on and starting over, but I can no longer run my business this way. The current way my clients receive any email from me is by my setting up a personal email account.
I'd love to hear any web hosts that you recommend as I am at the end of my rope at this point. :mad:

#9 ·
I would suggest not to use any other email services except Google aps or yahoo or live they are cheaper also than your current email server.

#13 ·
Hi Islander. I wish I could say your story was rare, but it's not. There are bad web hosts everywhere, and thanks to staffing, ownership and technology changes what was a good choice 15 years ago may not be now. Personally, I've heard too many horror stories about Godaddy to recommend them. I've got 19 sites on a variety of hosts and frankly the easiest one to manage is on Wordpress.com. For $13 a year you can use your own domain with the site, the hosting is free, and the security is great. Unless you need special plugins and javascript, consider it. And no, they don't pay me to say that. I also set up a client recently at HostUpon, and whenever she's had questions, the support staff get back to her within 48 hours at the latest. Sometimes within an hour. And it's cheap. Anyway, lots of options out there, better than what you have. Check out reviews of web hosts online.

#16 ·
shocked nobody's mentioned unbounce

literally anyone can build a website

you can make 2 versions and have unbounce automatically send half your leads to 1 site and half to the other, and it tracks which one got you more conversions

then you can just discard the loser and make a new alternate, and keep refining your website like that with real time feedback

WYSWYG, drag-and-drop... and the templates are great.

Really there's no other option for building a site on your own for cheap as hell if you know nothing at all about web design... even knowing nothing whatsoever you can build a fully working and great website

it's the only system i recommend to people because it also works so well with illustrator/photoshop

#17 · (Edited)
Our web guy swears by the hosting company "Blue Host" which our website runs on with a shared server but we pay for maintenance and optimization on top of hosting, which is only $5 a month on a regular shared server. I had a domain name with GoDaddy and never got around to using their website builder then was approached by someone who made websites and did online promotion. If you can afford it, go with someone who can explain to you how google ranks web pages!

#27 · (Edited)
Verti Group is an extremely good consideration for anything SEO. I also know first hand that moving a site to a new domain as mentioned above is tricky and I would suggest talking with someone about the (CORRECT) steps that should be taken should you decide to move the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.