All-Flow vs. Fatboy - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ksroofs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ocean City MD
Posts: 53
All-Flow vs. Fatboy

When I was getting into roof cleaning I searched long and hard to find videos of both of these pumps actually spraying... Couldn't find any.. So I got both of the pumps and tried to make a quick video to help out with your decisions in the future. Im not very good at movie editing but hopefully it helps you guys out!

Fatboy Vs All-Flow roof cleaning pumps - YouTube
Home123 likes this.

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia
443.880.7011

ksroofs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Member
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 52
I like 12 volt pumps better than air because air makes them pulsate.
Home123 likes this.

Katy Memorial Roof Cleaning & Power Washing
Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif - (281) 392-2304
www.k-mpw.com and Facebook
Marcus is offline  
post #3 of Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroofs View Post
When I was getting into roof cleaning I searched long and hard to find videos of both of these pumps actually spraying... Couldn't find any.. So I got both of the pumps and tried to make a quick video to help out with your decisions in the future. Im not very good at movie editing but hopefully it helps you guys out!

Fatboy Vs All-Flow roof cleaning pumps - YouTube
Good Job Kendall!
Both pumps are good roof cleaning pumps. We use Air Pumps mainly because you can use a really small nozzle on an Air pump to cut down run off on a tile roof w/o the pump switching on and off like an electric pump will do.
Bob from Pressure Tek is great, a nice guy, and well known for his service after the sale.
Pressure Washer Products has also been very good to us, and Rex the owner delivers stuff right to our door!'
Of course, we are close to them.
That is a very nice roof cleaning setup you have Kendall, and I hope you have a good season.
If I can ever be of help to you, feel free to call me.
Chris
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I like 12 volt pumps better than air because air makes them pulsate.
Bigger air pumps with larger compressors do not pulsate near as much as the smaller ones do Marcus.
I know your beautiful and well engineered trailer has little extra room, but if you ever find a good used 8 hp or larger air compressor, buy it, and try a 1 inch air pump.
Pulsation is non existent with this setup, at the flows all of us use to clean roofs.
If I can ever be of help to you Marcus, always feel free to call
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #5 of Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Member
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Roof Cleaning View Post
Bigger air pumps with larger compressors do not pulsate near as much as the smaller ones do Marcus.
I know your beautiful and well engineered trailer has little extra room, but if you ever find a good used 8 hp or larger air compressor, buy it, and try a 1 inch air pump.
Pulsation is non existent with this setup, at the flows all of us use to clean roofs.
If I can ever be of help to you Marcus, always feel free to call
Thanks for the tip Chris!

What size nozzles do you use on tile that slow down the run off?
Home123 likes this.

Katy Memorial Roof Cleaning & Power Washing
Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif - (281) 392-2304
www.k-mpw.com and Facebook
Marcus is offline  
post #6 of Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Thanks for the tip Chris!

What size nozzles do you use on tile that slow down the run off?
Besides simply closing the ball valve a little, we have gone down to 1 to 2 GPM nozzles to fight run off.
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #7 of Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Member
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Roof Cleaning View Post
Besides simply closing the ball valve a little, we have gone down to 1 to 2 GPM nozzles to fight run off.
I have never heard of 1 to 2 GPM nozzles. I have heard of 10, 20, 30, 40, etc nozzles which refer to the diameter. What diameter size is a 1 to 2 GPM nozzle?
Home123 likes this.

Katy Memorial Roof Cleaning & Power Washing
Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif - (281) 392-2304
www.k-mpw.com and Facebook
Marcus is offline  
post #8 of Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I have never heard of 1 to 2 GPM nozzles. I have heard of 10, 20, 30, 40, etc nozzles which refer to the diameter. What diameter size is a 1 to 2 GPM nozzle?
That's what I meant, we use a ball valve to spray with, so we like 25 degree nozzles.
So a 4025 nozzle is 4 GPM and has a 25 degree pattern.
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #9 of Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Junior Member
 
a to z roof cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 24
Nice video, I like my 12 volt setup. Although the extra noise could draw some attention from the neighbors which could be a good thing!
Home123 likes this.
a to z roof cleaning is offline  
post #10 of Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Peerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 230
We just got another air system and it is an all flow from Lori.
Def give the system a thumbs up, flows great has great pressure and dependable. We used this system to clean this 57 building condo association tampa roof cleaning project.

Not only has the all flow system worked great for us, Lori took great care of me and hooked me up with all kinds of goodies that we are not used to like a really cool wand call a J lock?? She crimped all of our hoses and had all the tips I could have needed.

The pump is even smaller (10 gpm) than my other pumps 1/2 at 14 gpm and I think the all flow hangs with them no problem and my air compressor loves the smaller workload.
Home123 likes this.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
Peerless is offline  
post #11 of Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
We just got another air system and it is an all flow from Lori.
Def give the system a thumbs up, flows great has great pressure and dependable. We used this system to clean this 57 building condo association tampa roof cleaning project.

Not only has the all flow system worked great for us, Lori took great care of me and hooked me up with all kinds of goodies that we are not used to like a really cool wand call a J lock?? She crimped all of our hoses and had all the tips I could have needed.

The pump is even smaller (10 gpm) than my other pumps 1/2 at 14 gpm and I think the all flow hangs with them no problem and my air compressor loves the smaller workload.
Good Job Tom !
Lori is great to deal with, and they really know their stuff over there. Yes, the All Flow works great, plus they stand behind it, should it ever need fixed.
We watched parts of the Masters today. Mostly excited about the Rays!
LOL, poor Boston, Detroit beat them again today!
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #12 of Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Peerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 230
Hammer does not make the carpenter...

I could take a 1.5 gpm surebroke on a 3/8th hose and most likely my crew could clean 2 roofs to most crews 1.

But in my experience 12 volt pumps are crap and I have cleaned thousands of roofs with both systems.

It is how your process/system uses the tools and if it achieves the best results efficiently.

Noise issue wtf????........If I could have my crew running around with loudspeakers and banging on pots and pans to make more noise I would..
a good salesmen just needs the ice broken(opportunity) whether you wake up the next doors baby or not I'm going to clean her roof if I get her attention and she see's our work. Even if she is pissed I will clean her roof no doubt come on out and complain, that is my plan...

@op if you need any help with the all flo just ask....
Home123 likes this.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
Peerless is offline  
post #13 of Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ksroofs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ocean City MD
Posts: 53
I have still yet to use the all flow.. Seems that Pressure washer products has no idea how to run a business.. They keep charging me for crap that I do not need.. I still have yet to get the parts that I have been needing for at least the last month now. I have called about 20 times. Finally was able to get a hold of Lori about 2 and a half weeks ago, she said ok if you can wait 2 days it will all be sent out today with more excuses than I could even think of.. Then 2 weeks later I called and she has no recollection of our previous conversation? So then she says if you can wait two days were shipping it out today. Its been about 5 days no shipping confirmation.. They take messages but will not return calls, do not answer text messages.. Customer service I would rate at a 0.. It sounds like they have been good to you guys, but I can honestly say they will never see another dime from me.. Ill call again on Monday to try and get my parts, but im pretty close to packing it all back up and canceling the credit card charges. Sour taste in my mouth for sure.. I just want my parts so I can run my pump! yes, 1500$ later and I still don't have a working pump.. Maybe one of you can lite a fire under them
Home123 likes this.

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia
443.880.7011

ksroofs is offline  
post #14 of Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroofs View Post
I have still yet to use the all flow.. Seems that Pressure washer products has no idea how to run a business.. They keep charging me for crap that I do not need.. I still have yet to get the parts that I have been needing for at least the last month now. I have called about 20 times. Finally was able to get a hold of Lori about 2 and a half weeks ago, she said ok if you can wait 2 days it will all be sent out today with more excuses than I could even think of.. Then 2 weeks later I called and she has no recollection of our previous conversation? So then she says if you can wait two days were shipping it out today. Its been about 5 days no shipping confirmation.. They take messages but will not return calls, do not answer text messages.. Customer service I would rate at a 0.. It sounds like they have been good to you guys, but I can honestly say they will never see another dime from me.. Ill call again on Monday to try and get my parts, but im pretty close to packing it all back up and canceling the credit card charges. Sour taste in my mouth for sure.. I just want my parts so I can run my pump! yes, 1500$ later and I still don't have a working pump.. Maybe one of you can lite a fire under them
Wow, are u saying Lori took your money for a pump, and did not send it out ?
Lori and her father sell all kinds of All Flow Pumps.
They are very much a stocking distributor.
I don't understand what the problem is ?
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #15 of Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ksroofs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ocean City MD
Posts: 53
you and me both.. Got charged for hang-tite which i didn't order but they shipped it anyways. Got the pump, reel, hose and regulator and some other random parts.. No way to connect regulator to the compressor, no way to connect the wand to the hose, no parts to build the wand just the actual trigger, no whip-line, and they sent me about 4 of the same size tips, a bent hose reel(But they said that wasn't their fault those were shipped from titan).. So after the first conversation she said oh ill throw in this plastic elbow for free to connect to the hose reel! So about a week later nothing, so I texted her, no response but two days later I got this plastic elbow in the mail and nothing else? I didn't need this elbow but I got it.. Then I see on the credit card she charged me 70$ for it! I called immediately and she again had no recollection of our previous conversations, so she said she would refund the 70 and send the rest of my parts.. Still no parts.. Still no refund..
Home123 likes this.

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia
443.880.7011

ksroofs is offline  
post #16 of Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Apple Roof Cleaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroofs View Post
you and me both.. Got charged for hang-tite which i didn't order but they shipped it anyways. Got the pump, reel, hose and regulator and some other random parts.. No way to connect regulator to the compressor, no way to connect the wand to the hose, no parts to build the wand just the actual trigger, no whip-line, and they sent me about 4 of the same size tips, a bent hose reel(But they said that wasn't their fault those were shipped from titan).. So after the first conversation she said oh ill throw in this plastic elbow for free to connect to the hose reel! So about a week later nothing, so I texted her, no response but two days later I got this plastic elbow in the mail and nothing else? I didn't need this elbow but I got it.. Then I see on the credit card she charged me 70$ for it! I called immediately and she again had no recollection of our previous conversations, so she said she would refund the 70 and send the rest of my parts.. Still no parts.. Still no refund..
Wow Brother, I don't know what to say. I know several people here in the Tampa bay area, including myself, who have received great service from them.
I spent a lot of time with Lori educating her about what roof cleaners need and want. She was one of the few distributors willing to learn, and get the stuff that really worked well for roof cleaning.
Home123 likes this.
Apple Roof Cleaning is offline  
post #17 of Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Peerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 230
sorry to hear that bro...

seems like you have all you need to get it out making money for you?
Grab some hardware from home depot for the pump ports and hose clamp them on to the ports and wand. Make your wand from pvc from home depot.
This is the first non home made wand I have ever use in ten years.

All you need is a coupler for the regulator. This is the first system I have built that I used a filter/regulator on, you do not need one to get working. Also my hose reel gets paid by the hour and does not corrode ever....hehe

the hang tite is well worth your money, not justifying your bad experience but it is damn good stuff. I happen to live only about an hour from them and picked up my order.
Home123 likes this.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
Peerless is offline  
post #18 of Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ksroofs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ocean City MD
Posts: 53
yeah I have enough that I could piece it together with Home Depot parts, but I figured I payed all that money to have the correct items so I should have them.. hang tite is great, but I get it in one 55 gallon drum from my chem dealer, to avoid the $60 shipping fee for 5 gallons to MD from Florida... Im just using my fat-boy until I eventually get the parts.. Ive been calling and texting them about every other day..
Home123 likes this.

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia
443.880.7011

ksroofs is offline  
post #19 of Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Member
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 52
I received excellent help and the parts that I ordered. Yes I did have to go to Home Depot to get brass fittings to connect everything together but that is what I expected. I did not order them. I visited their operation a year and a half ago prior to attending an RCIA convention. I can understand why they might be so forgetful... The phone rings non-stop and I know that one of their helpers quit several months back. The Titan reel that I received had a bent frame due to mishandling by the delivery service. The box was labeled from Titan. I had to pull on the frame to straighten it out.
Home123 likes this.

Katy Memorial Roof Cleaning & Power Washing
Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif - (281) 392-2304
www.k-mpw.com and Facebook
Marcus is offline  
post #20 of Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Peerless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 230
doing my rain dance chris...

damn it's like a dust bowl down here...
Home123 likes this.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
Peerless is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US Products Evolution 1.5" Carpet Wand 500 psi groutkleen Equipment Swap 2 11-04-2016 03:14 PM
Repeat Business VS Rain Flow kerry19 Windows & Gutters 2 05-24-2016 06:57 AM
Squirrels eating threw the Rain Flow kerry19 Windows & Gutters 1 03-21-2016 04:32 PM
Hi folks Peerless Roof Cleaning 22 11-11-2006 03:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome