Another roof cleaning questions. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By StainlessDeal

post #1 of Old 02-25-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Another roof cleaning questions.

Do you really get the instant results as you are applying either the sodium hypochlorite or apple sauce mixture.

I do very few roofs and dont have a large holding tank and have used a product called spray and forget.

Just do pressure washing part time with a portable 8 h.p. unit.

Would it be feasiable or better for me to mix and use in a 5 gallon sprayer since I dont do often or stick with the spary and forget which takes a while.

Thanks for any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayh78 View Post
Do you really get the instant results as you are applying either the sodium hypochlorite or apple sauce mixture.

I do very few roofs and dont have a large holding tank and have used a product called spray and forget.

Just do pressure washing part time with a portable 8 h.p. unit.

Would it be feasiable or better for me to mix and use in a 5 gallon sprayer since I dont do often or stick with the spary and forget which takes a while.

Thanks for any suggestions
Many of our roof cleaners at the Roof Cleaning Institute report slow results with Spray and Forget.
One roof cleaner commented he had to spray over and over again.
Time is money in the roof cleaning business.
Unless you like getting a Suntan, I suggest Apple Sauce in a pump up sprayer.
A chemical roof cleaning pump is a lot better.
Back in the OLD days, I have cleaned roofs with a roller on a broomstick.
Hey, it worked.
We hauled a bucket of roof cleaning chemical on the roof, and rolled it on.
12 volt roof cleaning pumps are cheap, I would suggest you get one.
One roof cleaning job will more then pay for the roof cleaning pump.
Pump Up Sprayers dont hold up to the roof cleaning chemicals.
You can pretty much toss em after a few roof cleanings.
The pumps hold up a lot better, and allow you to clean roofs much faster.
post #3 of Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Roof Cleaning

Use what you want but IMO if you were taking the industry and your business seriously you wouldn't have even asked that question, it's common sense. Time is money and margins are everything.

Hope I don't come off too harsh, it's just an opinion.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
Use what you want but IMO if you were taking the industry and your business seriously you wouldn't have even asked that question, it's common sense. Time is money and margins are everything.

Hope I don't come off too harsh, it's just an opinion.
As harsh as roof-cleaning chemicals, you basteej! lol

Barry has the right of it, if you want to be serious, learn the business and do it right. Otherwise it is just a hobby.

Customers deserve to have services provided by professionals, with professional equipment, and professional insurance coverage, etc.

If you only clean roofs part-time, you still need to know the business, as your customers own that roof fulltime.

You may go to a restaurant and eat food prepared by a part-time cook, but he or she had better really know how to cook, or you will want your money back.

If you do few roof jobs, you can mix a smaller batch of whatever chemical you wish to use, but you should still use something that works instantly, like sodium hypochlirite solutions, or other recipes that contain it.

Do customers pay you the day you do the work, or when the roof is clean? Most of the experienced cleaners will anser, "Both."
ccpros likes this.

Scott Millen-Labor Omnia Vincit
StainlessDeal Mobile Pressure Washing, Omaha NE 68114
(402) 670-4214 or [email protected]
www.stainlessdeal.com www.uamcc.org
There is no space for dirt in "StainlessDeal"
post #5 of Old 01-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Talking Barry!?

Did you notice the date on this thread?

Scott Millen-Labor Omnia Vincit
StainlessDeal Mobile Pressure Washing, Omaha NE 68114
(402) 670-4214 or [email protected]
www.stainlessdeal.com www.uamcc.org
There is no space for dirt in "StainlessDeal"
post #6 of Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM

I JUST noticed it Scott.
Sometimes, I see a roof cleaning question go unanswered, and my enthusiasm gets the best of me.
The original poster may never see the answers to their roof cleaning questions answered.
But someone else might have thought about asking the same question.
When you mentioned the date on this thread, and I LOOKED, I had to laugh at myself
post #7 of Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 AM

Best roof cleaning solutions

Can you please suggest the names of some of the best roof cleaning products or solutions?
post #8 of Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgood View Post
Can you please suggest the names of some of the best roof cleaning products or solutions?
Sodium Hypochlorite, and a good surfactant.
post #9 of Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Trying to help out

I believe the feasible thing would be to take out 20% or so from every job you do, invest in marketing and watch the flood of calls come in. In my opinion leave the spray and forget behind. Everyone has their opinions on applying mix and rinsing off with a high GPM output, but at the same time some pros apply the mix and let it rinse off with rain. I can show you pro contractors that do both, make great profit margins and never have a problem.

Start small and work your way up. You do not have to get the beast and try and lead the pack. If your equipment can help you run with the pack the pulling away from the pack comes from your marketing and projection of yourself as well as your service you offer.

If you are looking for someone to talk to give me a shout through private message or call me.

ooops I see the date of the thread. Please forgive me for not reading the last two digits in the date lol.
post #10 of Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPC View Post
Sodium Hypochlorite, and a good surfactant.
And, do NOT forget the water!
Pure Sodium Hypochlorite is much to strong to clean a roof with, if you do not dilute it.
The run off from pure SH can Nuke a yard really bad, so bad that often even the replacement plants will refuse to grow!
post #11 of Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 AM

nice post
post #12 of Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgood View Post
I have one name for you "Atlanta Roofing Contractors" for best roofing services.

Our services include installing and repairing roofs, gutters. and exterior sidings. We work extensively with Insurance companies, homeowners, and developers to strive and deliver the highest quality in Atlanta Roofing construction services.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode