Green certification program for roof cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-26-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Green certification program for roof cleaning

www.clean4life.net is a website dedicated to promoting chemical free roof cleaning. As featured on WTMY Talk Sarasota and The Bradenton Herald.

For those contractors who wish to be considered for Green Certification please visit www.clean4life.net.to learn more about the commercial advantages of having green certification for your business.

http://www.clean4life.net is a very valuable resource for contractors with some well researched information about the damaging effects of Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite) in relation to roof cleaning.

Clean4Life Florida's Environmental Lobby Group
Bradenton 941-448-4250
http://clean4life.net
Attached Images
File Type: png clean4lifeprogram.png (13.7 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by kc group; 11-30-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-05-2011, 12:17 PM

post #3 of Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc group View Post
www.clean4life.net is a website dedicated to promoting chemical free roof cleaning. As featured on WTMY Talk Sarasota and The Bradenton Herald.

For those contractors who wish to be considered for Green Certification please visit www.clean4life.net.to learn more about the commercial advantages of having green certification for your business.

http://www.clean4life.net is a very valuable resource for contractors with some well researched information about the damaging effects of Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite) in relation to roof cleaning.

Clean4Life Florida's Environmental Lobby Group
Bradenton 941-448-4250
http://clean4life.net
Pressure Washing is Green, a Green Monster. Pressure Washing will destroy a shingle roof quickly. When people are thinking about Cleaning Roofs in Tampa they know better then to allow a pressure cleaner anywhere near their roofs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-27-2011, 04:00 PM

Houston Roof Cleaning that the use of a pressure washer on any roof, no matter how low the pressure, can cause serious damage and void the home owners warranty.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #5 of Old 08-29-2011, 06:14 PM

How much is too much? Is a garden hose spray nozzle too much and if not what setting should it be on?
post #6 of Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thicks3356 View Post
How much is too much? Is a garden hose spray nozzle too much and if not what setting should it be on?
Could be, depending on how close to the surface you are

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #7 of Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 PM

ok yeah I am going to try with a few old shingles and test the optimum distance. I have also seen using a 60 degree tip may be ok depending on roof age. Just a small amount of pressure may be ok. I have heard conflicting things but definitely don't want to damage anything.
post #8 of Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Start by reading this link....http://www.asphaltroofing.org/pdf/tb_217.pdf
Most of us professional roof cleaners use a non pressure system to apply the mix we use to the roofing surface. As far as rinsing, most of us let mother nature take care of that for us. Always you a ground man to rinse off any runoff from the roof and to water plants, grasses and the exterior of the building while applying the roof cleaning solution.

K.J. Pressure Washing, LLC / Ken J. Schwarz
Pressure Washing & Non Pressure Roof Cleaning
Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough and Hernando Counties FL.
727-688-0687
Pressure Washing Tampa Florida Roof Cleaning Tampa
post #9 of Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM

it's so easy a cave man could do it. But 90% will go out of biz in a year or two. Why?

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
post #10 of Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 PM

laziness, bad reputation, using their comapnies profits as their personal bank account haha the list keeps going
post #11 of Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
it's so easy a cave man could do it. But 90% will go out of biz in a year or two. Why?
Great Point Tom
I think it is a combination of the lack of roof cleaning work, and failing to charge enough to get you through the slow times. Tampa Roof Cleaners like us are faced with an up and down local economy. It is slow right now for most everyone (except my brother) I talk to here in the Tampa area. The Pool Guys especially, all of them are crying the blues. Almost all of the roof cleaning jobs coming in lately are from past customers, and their roofs are mostly filthy. We just cleaned a flat cement tile roof up in Tampa Palms Tom that took a ton of TSP to whiten up.
There is some stuff called Chlorinated TSP Tom I plan to check out, it is very inexpensive, and used in beer brewing sterilization. It looks very promising.
post #12 of Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Cool the chlorinated TSP sounds like a beast??

The economy has been a bear I have to agree. We are making changes and adapting ourselves. Our goal is to keep momma not working until the new baby is in Kindergarten. One year almost down, four to go then momma can go back to work and daddy can take it easy. We have survived now totally on one income from roof cleaning Tampa FL for 7 years now. We are not living high on the hog by no means but it's keeping the lad in the school we want him in and I have time to coach baseball etc. Got a real nice one...a local pga golfer I know and did two tiles, was a good day.

(813)230-5915
post #13 of Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Cool the chlorinated TSP sounds like a beast??

The economy has been a bear I have to agree. We are making changes and adapting ourselves. Our goal is to keep momma not working until the new baby is in Kindergarten. One year almost down, four to go then momma can go back to work and daddy can take it easy. We have survived now totally on one income from roof cleaning Tampa FL for 7 years now. We are not living high on the hog by no means but it's keeping the lad in the school we want him in and I have time to coach baseball etc. Got a real nice one...a local pga golfer I know and did two tiles, was a good day.
Congrats on the NEW Baby Tom ! I have not had a chance to try the chlorinated TSP yet, but we have some ordered. The Tampa Bay Rays are closing in on Boston, LOL
I saw the nice tile roofs you cleaned lately, they look great, as usual.
As you know, the first years in a child's life are very important. I think it is a good plan you have for Mom to care for the children, full time for now. Then, in four years, Dad can take it easy. The snook should be back by then, and maybe we can even keep one
post #14 of Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Thanks Chris about the baby, toughest thing I/we have ever done in our/my life and I did it again on purpose, ya believe that? We go over it again and again about her working...a lot more than we should, but we are focused on exactly what you said about the first years of life. Sacrificing vacation, that fishing boat I want, trucks, advertising, new toys for the trailer, tickets to the rays, etc. and spend the money on plumbing, a/c, tuition etc. But in a few more years momma will be making $$ again and I can loosen up some.

F'n rays, lost today in the 8th, but they come back on at 0730 so maybe they will get it back. Toronto then Boston then it's over....

I haven't fished all summer long, and have no fish for our Oct. fish fry party. Maybe I'll catch the trout when the worms leave em alone this early OCt..?

Work seems to be getting good and steady once again...how bout you guys? Hope your son is ok now?

(813)230-5915
post #15 of Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks Chris about the baby, toughest thing I/we have ever done in our/my life and I did it again on purpose, ya believe that? We go over it again and again about her working...a lot more than we should, but we are focused on exactly what you said about the first years of life. Sacrificing vacation, that fishing boat I want, trucks, advertising, new toys for the trailer, tickets to the rays, etc. and spend the money on plumbing, a/c, tuition etc. But in a few more years momma will be making $$ again and I can loosen up some.

F'n rays, lost today in the 8th, but they come back on at 0730 so maybe they will get it back. Toronto then Boston then it's over....

I haven't fished all summer long, and have no fish for our Oct. fish fry party. Maybe I'll catch the trout when the worms leave em alone this early OCt..?

Work seems to be getting good and steady once again...how bout you guys? Hope your son is ok now?
Yanks just hit a grand slam Tom, and rays losing

My Son is back to being his hard working self.

I got served today in Chuck's Divorce
That sucks to get called into a war between Chuck and his wife.

Yes, we have been comfortably busy every day for the past week or so, going to Apollo Beach tomorrow to Andalucia, and have a past river hills small shingle customer to do.

We are hoping for a playoff game in Tampa between Rays and Sox

Check out www.firstrowsports.tv Tom

I think an Irishman from Brooklyn can figure it out
post #16 of Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 PM

Yuuungry! Go Tampa!

I got served also for Chuck. I have been using a different supplier only grabbing enough to top off a tank or two when I'm real close. So I don't think I will hurt him. Only have to have 4 years back by law anyway they are asking for 11?

Thanks for the heads up on the stream site! I had a few over for the fight over the weekend and gave em 50 bucks or whatever it is.

Awnclean?

(813)230-5915
post #17 of Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Yuuungry! Go Tampa!

I got served also for Chuck. I have been using a different supplier only grabbing enough to top off a tank or two when I'm real close. So I don't think I will hurt him. Only have to have 4 years back by law anyway they are asking for 11?

Thanks for the heads up on the stream site! I had a few over for the fight over the weekend and gave em 50 bucks or whatever it is.

Awnclean?
Awnclean ?
Junior Dos Santos VS Velasquez, your prediction please ?
Velasquez destroyed Carwin, how can Junior handle that power ?

Rays play Rangers, they have a ton of offense, but we have pitching, and our Bats are on fire lately!
Longoria !!!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 PM

hehe, awnclean.... I have linkalizer appleman, it notifies me!

Velasquez has the most desire/health atm? I love to watch the big boys but I'm really into the lightweight guys. But if I had to bet my last c note it would be for Velasquez for sure. I would bet Lesnar will be back on top as he appears to have the most desire in the class, depends upon his health, he's matt hughes but in the HW division basically....you can't stop a strong motivated wrestler without a gun

Still happy with my Rays season, and have not watched a buc game yet :(

(813)230-5915
post #19 of Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
hehe, awnclean.... I have linkalizer appleman, it notifies me!

Velasquez has the most desire/health atm? I love to watch the big boys but I'm really into the lightweight guys. But if I had to bet my last c note it would be for Velasquez for sure. I would bet Lesnar will be back on top as he appears to have the most desire in the class, depends upon his health, he's matt hughes but in the HW division basically....you can't stop a strong motivated wrestler without a gun

Still happy with my Rays season, and have not watched a buc game yet :(
EDGAR !!!!!!!!
What a fighter, and that skinny John Jones too! Sonnen won his fight against Stann, kind of a surprise to me.
Lesnar was destroyed in last fight, but IF he can ever learn to be a better striker,lookout!
Still hoping my Tigers beat Texas, aint looking good though. Verlander got beat, Texas has awesome firepower, destroyed our Rays quickly

Last edited by Apple Roof Cleaning; 10-10-2011 at 01:12 PM.
post #20 of Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM

ahh yea just took down one in cross creek...

texas all the way.....

Franky Edgar is a bad azz mofo for sure!

mmmm momma's salsa chicken been cooking in the crock pot all day long....

(813)230-5915

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode