I'm in San Diego wanting to start low pressure chem cleaning. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

I'm in San Diego wanting to start low pressure chem cleaning.

Hi all,
I'm Sean Moody owner of Fully Restored Pressure Washing out here in San Diego. I've been in the business for about 2 years and it's still looking up for me. Out here we have a lot of really dirty tile roofs. Heavy,old, caked on algae that turns our roofs green. I've been high pressure washing these roofs for about a year. While our turbo nozzles and 3500 psi do the job, I would much rather prefer using a low pressure chem set up. Out here though, nobody does it and I'm wondering why. After discovering your "apple sauce method" I am excited to give it a try. Chlorine sold over the counter out here is $6.00 for 2 gallons. I can't seem to find a supplier who sells it in bulk anywhere close by. This is the only thing holding me back from switching methods. I'm not sure how much solution I'll have to use to break up this heavy algae. To see what I am talking about go to my website at sandiegoroofcleaning.com. Let me know if you think it would be worth starting using low pressure and chems on this stuff!
To yield 100 gallons of apple sauce it would cost me about $200. This seems way too high for me to make any money. Any contacts out here?
I also want to thank all you guys for sharing so much knowledge of the trade and helping us newbies get things rolling the right way! You'll be hearing from me regularly on this chat room gleaning info and sharing war stories.
Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-05-2008, 10:28 PM

Sean, welcome!

I would venture that you are undercharging. What would you charge for a tile roof that required 100 gallons of solution? That would be over $1000 here and would take a few hours.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

The typical size home I do is about 2500 sq ft and I charge around $700 for the complete house wash.For smaller homes it's usually around $500. There are several guys out here who use high pressure and charge less than myself. I haven't tried the sauce yet to see how effective it will be and just how much i'll need, but am going to shortly. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 PM

I know this is an old post but maybe you will get notified by email. Have you tried Univar?
post #5 of Old 08-27-2009, 11:36 PM

I second UniVar. You shouldn't need 100 gal per roof either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode