Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Its been 7 years

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fishgazam 
#1 ·
Hey yall,

Its been almost 7 years since Ive been directly involved in the residential side of the cleaning business. Reason being that in 2000 I split Mallard Systems into 2 divisions Mallard Systems and Mallard Commercial. In 2003 we sold Mallard Residential in the 11 county Central Florida area to another person. I had no non compete but stayed away from residential work.

Earlier this year Mallard CFL folded. Its was difficult to see something I put so many years of my life into go out of business.

Seeing that there is a glut of work that is seemingly being ignored in the Central Florida market I have decided to launch a new residential division of TerraClean.

It is amazing how far the market has slipped into price bidding, low balling, poor service, low standards etc.

As we have done in the past with Mallard, TerraClean will be raising the bar higher.

For many of the users of this forum this will be a good thing. Many of you have workers comp, insurance, uniforms, refrences, protocols, safety standards, and adhere to all local, state and federal laws on the enviroment and safety (dep & osha).

For a few this will be your worst nightmare!

Those of you that were around many years ago when I started Mallard know what is coming. If there is a ***** in your armor I will train my salespersons to expose it. Competition is good for all:)

As I have read on prior threads some of yall did recognise that we brought up the prices when we raised the standards. Many of you will make more money. Some will perish.

I hope this will be a positive move in the residential cleaning market. There is plenty of business for all of the reputable cleaning companies who are obeying the laws.

Thanks,

AC

See less See more
#2 ·
Its about time. That region is plagued by wannabe-business-owner-but-actually-nothing-but-a-low wage-technician types. I don't know how half the legit companies survive. Kudos and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.