Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

New Roof Cleaning Forum

19K views 75 replies 15 participants last post by  Medssel42 
#1 ·
Well, it's our first day and I'm already getting complaints, :laughing: . All Seasons Exteriors just joined and let me know that I forgot to add a roof cleaning forum.
I thought roof cleaning was part of pressure washing but he told me that roof cleaning is a low pressure cleaning process and needed it's own forum... so here we go. I'm not going to get into how I've cleaned roofs in the past after that bit of information :whistling2:

Anyways, thanks to All Seasons Exteriors for making a good suggestion. We need all the help we can get. :thumbup:

#7 ·
Good to have the real pros here pioneering this new forum.
Yea, I should come up with some type of badge or something to recognize the first 100 members or "pioneers" as you put it.

Getting these sites off the ground and getting the first 1000 posts or so is always the hardest part.

#5 ·
Hey Mike,

Good to see you over here as well. I've noticed Shane (Seymore), Dave Ott and a few other familiar names here too.

By the way, I'm from a small town in western KY. called Madisonville. I noticed you were over in the Lexington area.

Stay safe! :thumbup:

#12 ·
I am actually from Owensboro, KY. Moonlite BBQ Baby!!! I know on Madisonville. I believe My Sisters Husband is from there. Small World.

#13 ·
Don,
You and I are the problem children....lol.Nathan Don is right with good Mods the true trouble makers can be forced out or at least brain washed into acting right.
The censorship developing on other sites or the product push that is always going on are turning them into places where I participate much less that I used to.

#21 ·
I am in Owensboro about once a month to see my Grandparents. Hit Moonlite everytime and load up on Burgoo and BBQ Sauce. I use my Tax ID number and get wholesale prices. :thumbsup:

My wife loves the Buffet.

#25 ·
Well, it's our first day and I'm already getting complaints, :laughing: . All Seasons Exteriors just joined and let me know that I forgot to add a roof cleaning forum.
I thought roof cleaning was part of pressure washing but he told me that roof cleaning is a low pressure cleaning process and needed it's own forum... so here we go. I'm not going to get into how I've cleaned roofs in the past after that bit of information :whistling2:

Anyways, thanks to All Seasons Exteriors for making a good suggestion. We need all the help we can get. :thumbup:
Hello Nathan,
My name is Chris, owner of Apple Roof Cleaning.

I have some questions as to what your policy's about vendors will be here, will they have to disclose that they sell stuff ?

Will sellers of stuff be able to solicit people to call them for "advice", and then be able to sell these people something ?

The reason I ask is that I have several roof cleaning inventions that I have considered having made, and it would be real cool if I could give advice here, and maybe get people to call me, and then sell them something ?

It would sure save on Advertising ?

#26 ·
Welcome to the site Apple. I hope you enjoy the site.

We do not allow people to advertise to the members of this site within the forums themselves. If anyone posts a message in order to sell a product or service to our members then it is considered spam.

That doesn't mean you can't participate in any way. I just means you cant advertise your products, display links, or talk about it at all.

You can find more info here: Advertising Rules

Thanks. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about our advertising policy.

#31 ·
I invite everyone to read our Posting Rules

#1: Users shall treat each other with respect at all times on CleaningTalk.com. Name calling, personal attacks, or other inappropriate behavior will not be allowed and may cause you account to be banned.

This may be a new site but I am not new to running these forums. We have rules and we stick to them. If you break rules we will either warn you or ban you based on the infraction.

Not trying to be a PITA but I want to make sure we are clear on this.

Thanks!

#34 ·
It's not really a p1$$1ing match if only one guy has his 5/8" hose out, waving it in people's face.

Really, Chris.
You have made your point.
Over and over.
And over.

Let it go. Join in. Have fun with us.
Yea, I have no idea what you guys are talking about but let's just leave old arguments from other sites on other sites. This is a new site so lets start over :thumbsup:

#42 ·
Folks, quick rule that I have lived by on my other forum and it has served me well. I think it will work here as well.

Specific issues with specific people should be handled via PM and not posted for the world to see.

Believe me when I say this works. Please keep it in mind. No good is ever done by calling someone out in public when it can be done privately.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

#43 · (Edited)
Very well put Nathan, and I would like to mention that the way you act on this board is also a reflection on how you will act towards your customers in their eyes. Remember that your future customers have internet access and may be watching you right now, and believe me you will get customers from sites. Oh yeah if you don't think they wont know who you are, check all of your company signatures in your signature lines with names and phone numbers. Lets keep it professional and educational for everyone. Nathan put alot into this site to help everyone out here including you, lets return the favor and show your support by respecting him also for his hard work.

#54 ·
Hello Wayne!
I remember you from the Delco board, welcome!
It has been kinda slow this summer, at least here in Brandon.
Your web site looks great!

We saw you pulling your trailer going down Fowler Ave a month or so ago, beeped, but you did not see us.

You were heading westbound, and we were going east, back to the Interstate, and back home to Brandon.

Your rig caught my Son's attention.
He said "Dad, that's a nice set up, look"!

We were coming back from a big job up in Avila.
The customer was a real hard one to please, actually got out Binoculars, and examined every edge of the tiles!!!

Yikes!
It was a HUGE home, and very steep, and white barrel tile too.

We "thought" we were done, and rolled up our tarps, stupid us.
The guy actually came out with Binoculars.
We had to completely re tarp, and re shoot some of the edges from the ground.

It did pay good though, and he was happy when we left, but we were beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.