A newbie needs some real help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Question A newbie needs some real help

...newbie to the whole biz.....by the way it kinda sucks that i cant pm any of you until i have 200 posts...a lil crazy but thats ok...anyway, i just recently got in the biz and have been doing mostly pressure cleaning and about 3-4 roofs a week....theyve all been barrel tile and luckily for me ive only broken a couple out of the 15-25 roofs ive cleaned and i told the clients ahead of time there was a good chance of it happening...i also have a roof guy that helps me out repairing what i brake...any way i actually just heard about low pressure roof cleaning THIS week and really want to learn more about it....ive been reading a lot here and about 2 other forums.... and have alearned about the different methods...mostly chlorine and tsp and such...and that the eco friendly stuff is all marketing...which doesnt seems like a bad racket if i was a salesman ....anyway...since i am new to the biz i dont have all this capital to re-invest in new equipment....i have a small pw 3400 psi that i use to do A LOT of work...(never been scared of long hours).....i wanna know if any of u "old timers" have any tips on how to keep my costs down at least until i can save up a little to get a proper rig? anyone have access to any training videos you feel may be useful to me? .......and also...how do i price low pressure roof cleaning in comparisson to regular pressure cleaning a roof??.....i know..lots of questions....should i have just posted this as my own thread....?..

i know its customary to introduce yourself to the forum before anyone decides to help you so here... im only 28, goto school at night, have a year and half old son, an old lady that doesnt work, and i got laid off from my old job 3 months ago. I've been doing this now for about 2 months and i actually really like it and Im actually making a little money now. Im in miami, fl and dont mind telling you guys i dont have insurance or license since im not posting my "Company name" until i am. I started off doing basic pressure cleaning and landscape but ive been mostly doing roofs and other pressure cleaning jobs. I also wanna know if anyone knows anything about my area in reference to licensing required here...google hasnt been much help. PLEASE any and all help is realllly apreciated, god know i need any and all advantages i can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Doug Rucker from the www.uamcc.org is a great Roof Cleaner. I'll tell him about your post, he is the VP of the National Association.
post #3 of Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you much, any and all advice is greatly apreciated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode