Polyethylene tanks vs. PCO - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Polyethylene tanks vs. PCO

Hi all,

Quick question. Are you guys using polyethylene tanks or PCO? I was at our local tractor supply stores (TSC and Rural King) a few days ago looking at their tank supply. An employee told me that polyethylene tanks are not good for chlorine based product. He then gave me the phone number for the manufacturer of the product, Norwesco. When I called Norwesco, I got a woman on the phone who seemed a bit confused, but she did go on to say that it was not a good idea to have some types of chemicals (chlorine being one of them) in polyethylene tanks.
What is your experience with these types of tanks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

I guess I can now answer my own question. Yesterday, I called another polyethylene tank manufacturer who set me straight. He told me that the safest tank to use is the PCO tank. You can also use just the standard polyethylene tanks if your total SH mix is less than 16%. The standard Apple Sauce mixure using 30% SH solution in which only 12% of that is actually SH is way less than 16% SH.
A few things to keep in mind.

1. Your manfacturer's warranty is void from day 1.
2. Try to limit the amout of time the SH is in the tank.
3. Realize that the tank will have to be replaced in about 3 years.
4. Regularly check the tank for defects.
5. If the tank starts to leak and you get stopped by the cops, tell them you don't speak English.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode