Cleaning Dishwashers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-12-2009, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Dishwashers

The dishwasher's job is to clean your dishes -- but, ironically, it can get pretty dirty in the process of performing that function. Here's how to keep your dishwasher as clean and fresh as your dishes:

* Baking soda comes in handy when the dishwasher needs cleaning. Dip a cloth into the soda, and use it to clean smudges from the exterior; the same method will also remove stains from the liner. Use a synthetic scouring pad to clean stubborn soil.

* Clean out hard-water stains, deodorize, and sparkle the inside of the dishwasher by running a wash load using powdered lemonade mix. The ascorbic acid in the powder helps the cleaning action.

* If the interior of your dishwasher retains odors, sprinkle 3 tablespoons of baking soda in the bottom of the machine and allow it to sit overnight. The odors will be washed away with the baking soda during the next wash cycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 AM

Hmm thanks for that information..

love the way you lie
post #3 of Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 AM

Hey danielwarne,

Thanks for the information..Its really helpful for all..
Keep sharing like this..!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Thank you very much!!
post #5 of Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 AM

Also you can try Cleaning Naked in cleaning they say its eco friendly no chemicals and I agree. A clean kitchen is important to us for many reasons. A large part of the day is spent in the kitchen and having it clean allows us to use the room the way it is meant to be used. From preparing and enjoying meals to entertaining, the kitchen is a popular hub for many household activities.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #6 of Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 AM

hmm. I think my dishwasher needs cleaning. I will try the backing soda hope won't cause damages to my dishwasher.

post #7 of Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencleaning View Post
Also you can try Cleaning Naked in cleaning they say its eco friendly no chemicals and I agree. A clean kitchen is important to us for many reasons. A large part of the day is spent in the kitchen and having it clean allows us to use the room the way it is meant to be used. From preparing and enjoying meals to entertaining, the kitchen is a popular hub for many household activities.
Cleaning Naked???? This is some kind of product, right? I hope it is
post #8 of Old 08-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-fly View Post
Cleaning Naked???? This is some kind of product, right? I hope it is

yes.. I use this in my cleaning my around my house especially in kitchen..

post #9 of Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 AM

What are it's ingredients? Did you mentioned it while buying. I think this is the best method to be sure that the product is really eco friendly
post #10 of Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM

Nice tips. As a pro cleaner I have to deal also with my own house cleaning and one of it is the dishwasher. Thank you for sharing this with us.
post #11 of Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 AM

Clear any debris out of the holes in spinning arms. Use fine pointed or needle-nose pliers if you have some. Otherwise, try a toothpick or something similar. Take care not to scratch anything if you're using a tool with a metal point. If these holes are very small, bend a fine wire with a tiny hook on one end. Thread the wire through the opening most distal from the center of the arm. Each time you do this a small amount of debris will come out. This is time consuming. Another option is to drill a much larger hole at the end of the arm. Run the washer to eject the matter, then plug the bigger hole with a stainless steel screw.

post #12 of Old 12-31-2010, 10:53 AM

Baking soda is also effective in cost and lighter in the dishwasher. Just sprinkle a cup in the bottom of the tub and run it through a short cycle, but complete, using the hottest water. Sodium bicarbonate is also useful for removing stains.
post #13 of Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 AM

You can try cleaning naked cleaning chemistry and they said there was no Eco-friendly, and I agree. A clean kitchen is important to us for many reasons. Spent a large part of the day in the kitchen and it allows us to approach the use of clean room is to use. From the preparatory to the entertainment and enjoyment of meals, the kitchen is a popular hub for many family activities.
post #14 of Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM

i will try these methods and will give you some feedback. Thanks!

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #15 of Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 AM

good tips.. I just remembered that I've read an article about that, but I can't find it.. So thanks for sharing.

post #16 of Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 AM

Thanks for the tips - the baking soda tip works quite well. My dishwasher got quite dirty especially next to the filter area and I've never cleaned it in the last 3 years that I have it. The baking soda not only help to easily remove all the dirt but the bad smell as well. One more tip that I'd like to add regarding the use of baking soda - sprinkle the 3 tablespoons before operating the dishwasher.
post #17 of Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 PM

How about mixing Vinegar, baking soda, and lemons, all have natural cleaning powers that rival manufactured cleaning solutions. They are safe to use & less expensive than other products.
post #18 of Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadat123 View Post
How about mixing Vinegar, baking soda, and lemons, all have natural cleaning powers that rival manufactured cleaning solutions. They are safe to use & less expensive than other products.
Hi Sadat,
I totally agree with you that baking soda, lemons and natural cleaning powders are really helpful tonics in cleaning. I also used these products in my home for cleaning. I also experienced that there are no harmful effects of these products because some times children can touch them when we noticed them. So. I am free to use these products in home without worrying about children safety.
post #19 of Old 10-23-2011, 05:51 AM

A couple scoops of TANG powdered orange flavor drink mix works wonders. Best thing I ever used for cleaing the inside of a dish washer.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #20 of Old 01-30-2012, 02:00 AM

Thanks for providing the easy tips for cleaning dish washer .I will definitely try these at my home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode