Cleaning Wooden Kitchen Cabinets - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Cleaning Wooden Kitchen Cabinets

Wood Finishes
Dusting
Dust cabinets frequently with a soft lint-free cloth. You can dampen the cloth slightly with water or a spray-type dust remover.
Spills
Clean spills immediately. Use a clean cloth and mild soap if necessary. Wipe dry with a clean soft cloth.
Cleaning
There are a number of products available for your wood cleaning needs. We recommend Guardsman. Their products are available at many stores nationwide, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Wal-Mart and Ace Hardware. A more economical way to remove grease build-up from cabinets is to use Fantastik. Apply and remove quickly, then wash your cabinets with a mild soap. After washing, dry thoroughly and apply a silicone-free polish.
Polishing
We recommend that you wash and polish cabinets once or twice each year. Use a light coat of quality furniture polish.
Dont's
Never use detergents, soap pads, or steel wool on your cabinetry. These harsh abrasives will mar the wood finish. Additionally, we recommend that you avoid the use of paste wax and polishes that contain silicone; the wax build up is difficult to remove and will leave a residue that attracts dust.
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-16-2011, 11:24 PM

Wood failure possibilities include splits, cracks and wood joint expansion and separation. Inset door expansion becomes noticeable with high humidity conditions. My favorites are cleaners with orange oil. They have a way of breaking down the thick grime that can accumulate on cabinet surfaces. Be sure to read the instructions before using, and test first in a hidden spot.
post #3 of Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM

Why not just go green and always use nutmeg to polish and lemon to clean. It will save you money, after all.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM

According to me First of all you should find out that what kind of wood you have. On certain finishes and wood, any products that contain oil is a no-no. Some people may have cherry cabinets, and the last thing they want to use is an oil based product. Call a custom cabinetry maker and see if they can't point you in the right direction. They'll know more about types of woods and finishes than your local hardware store. Kitchen cabinets that use all the above finishes can be cleaned by using a mere cloth soaked in water and soap.
post #5 of Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 PM

This is kind of a change of pace on the conversation, but still relevant. In your opinion, can fire damage to a cabinet be repaired back to its original condition so you cant tell the damage was there? Or would it need to be replaced. Its pretty serious fire damage, a lot of charring has taken place as well.
post #6 of Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM

I think we should always clean the wood furniture with dry cloth as moisture can damage it but there are some woods are not damaged if some cleaning material is used.So you can consult this with any person who has complete knowledge about woods.
post #7 of Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 AM

Kitchen is a part of house. In my view, kitchen should be clean and there should be useful things in the kitchen for the work.Excellent tips...you done superb post....i appreciate you...Nice sharing...Keep it up!!!
post #8 of Old 03-31-2012, 03:54 AM

Nice discussion. I agreed with your post. I think that avoid draping damp clothes or
dishtowels over cabinet doors – excessive moisture can cause
permanent damage. With regular cleaning exterior with Wipe up spills, splatters and water spots as they occur keep the cabinets dry, which is the helpful way with cleaning process.
post #9 of Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Wooden kitchen cabinets is a great way to update any kitchen, in a variety of types and prices, so the people can always find some the Cabinet appealing.The style can have an enormous impact on the price, because a very simple doors, the cheaper one of the much more detail.
post #10 of Old 05-19-2012, 12:38 AM

Instead, look for a fluid, non-abrasive solution. If there's oil build-up on your display cases, professionals suggest the same tip you might be familiar with from your grandmother: Use a solution of equivalent parts therapy and water, which won't keep remains behind.
post #11 of Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM

Apply some chemical solution will be another beneficial tool that can be used to fresh your wood made cooking cabinet. The easy option in using this is by spraying the chemical solution immediately on your kitchen cabinet and also remove with the dry towel.
post #12 of Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchdaniel View Post
Apply some chemical solution will be another beneficial tool that can be used to fresh your wood made cooking cabinet. The easy option in using this is by spraying the chemical solution immediately on your kitchen cabinet and also remove with the dry towel.
Well, I am agree with inchdaniel you apply solution. That is advantageous tool equipment.It's a excellent option to clean your display cases with a excellent furniture gloss in between times you actually wash with water and soap. Too much water can, over time, damage your finish, especially if it's not cleaned up quickly.
post #13 of Old 05-24-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalind View Post
Well, I am agree with inchdaniel you apply solution. That is advantageous tool equipment.It's a excellent option to clean your display cases with a excellent furniture gloss in between times you actually wash with water and soap. Too much water can, over time, damage your finish, especially if it's not cleaned up quickly.

Thanks for your appreciation. Some cupboard components have locations, which are difficult to arrive at. In this situation, just let them drenched in water with detergent for the full evening. An exclusion must be made here for wood made buttons. They won't avoid any type of treatment. Water with detergent won't harm them normally, but more competitive cleaner or immersing them in water for a long period can harm them or at least make them less attractive.
post #14 of Old 05-26-2012, 01:25 AM

Cleaning under the professional expertise advice can help you more with cleaning process. However, I have taken the help for cleaning from englewood cliffs chandelier cleaners, which helped me a lot with cleaning process. I think using of some chemical solution or the best cleaning products can be used to fresh your wood made cooking cabinet.
post #15 of Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonJohn View Post
Cleaning under the professional expertise advice can help you more with cleaning process. However, I have taken the help for cleaning from englewood cliffs chandelier cleaners, which helped me a lot with cleaning process. I think using of some chemical solution or the best cleaning products can be used to fresh your wood made cooking cabinet.
Yes, I am agree that professional expertise can be more helpful with cleaning process. This can be done annually or every other season and will help to secure the wooden and keep it looking new.
post #16 of Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 PM

Kitchen is one of the most important parts of home, so it would be necessary to keep it clean and looking very attractive and stylish. I always recommended green cleaning products that can make your kitchen's furniture and cabinet dust free and clean.
post #17 of Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM

By maintaining the cleanliness of the working wooden table, we turn down the possibility of growth of germs and fungus. We also reduce the emergence of ants that could multiply if we accidentally provide food for them. Prepare a light paste of non-drying oil, like lemon oil or mineral oil and rotten stone but they have ability to remove the following stains and the surface should not exhibit any additional dust attraction or tendency to buildup.

nyc smoke damage cleanup
post #18 of Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 AM

To clean the cabinats is the most important element which is really headche for me. I research on online and I got many cleaners through which I can get the polishing cabinets which looks really very shining.
post #19 of Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Nice discussion. Accordingly to me most cabinet types, including metal, plastic laminate, painted wood, and vinyl cabinets, can be cleaned with a solution of dish soap liquid and warm water as regular cleaning. Dish soap and vacuum cleaner are the most effective way for cleaning cabinet.

post #20 of Old 08-29-2012, 07:07 AM

Prepare a mixture of Water and baking soda and dip a cloth in this mixture. Then wipe all the wooden cabinets and cupboards with this dampened cloth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode